Morocco Retreats creates first ecological spa camp in the Sahara desert
Morocco Retreats will be offering eco-friendly holidays after creating the first eco luxury camp in the Sahara. The holiday company has been working with their Retreat Team and ecological advisors to create the camp that will allow guests to enjoy the coast, the mountains and the Sahara during the different seasons of the year.
The first eco luxury camp in the Sahara has been created by Morocco Retreats with the help of ecological advisors.
The travel company will be launching the first eco-friendly Morocco holidays in March, 2014 both on the Moroccan coast and in the Sahara, and Morocco Retreats has carefully chosen the dates for the retreats with the climate in mind because the mountains, Sahara and coast each have very different temperatures and seasons.
To create the eco camp, a number of factors were taken into consideration including the environment, the local community and the local artisans who recycle. The Sahara eco camps provide a unique alternative to other hotels and guests will have the chance to get close to nature and escape the everyday stress of life within a beautiful tranquil environment.
The luxury eco camp will feature Spa tents, a special catering tent, a tent for yoga sessions, ensuring that while guests enjoy luxury holidays in Morocco, not a trace of their presence will be left behind in the Sahara. The camps will also employ the Berber nomads of the South and a programme of permaculture will be set up in Mhamid so the local community can use the fertiliser for their crops.
The first camp will launch in March this year with the ‘The Source' Retreat where tourists will start their holidays with a scenic drive through the spectacular Draa Valley, before enjoying spa treatments, relaxation, and gourmet food created by a nutritionalist and chef.
Morocco is a country in North Africa, situated south of Spain with a coastline spreading across both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. While enjoying Morocco, tourists can explore the medieval city of Fez; visit the movie-famous city of Casablanca that is home to Morocco's largest mosque, The King Hassan II; and wander around the traditional souks, fragrant spice markets, and historical ruins in the capital city of Marrakech.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
This is the perfect haven of relaxation and beauty - ideal for calm rest after a day of sightseeing.
- Great for kids with cooking, calligraphy, picnics, swimming and more to get involved with
- So SPA merges ancient treatments with contemporary ideas for a tranquil, stress-free experience
- Visit the nearby Jardin Majorelles, Koutoubia Mosque and many palaces - just a few of the exciting monuments
Enjoy easy access to the historic heart of the town and experience true Moroccan culture.
- Children's activities programme and video games area makes this hotel perfect for the family
- The So Lounge, Bar & Restaurant has separate sections with a DJ, live music, contemporary Moroccan cuisine and Zen calm and comfort private boxes
- Excellent fitness facilities, with an outdoor freshwater heated swimming pool, a Hamman, Jacuzzi, sauna, solarium and fitness centre
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
An elegant and refined hotel, the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes, a previous Sheraton property, welcomes guests to a...