First edition of Havana World Music to take pace in February, 2014
The first edition of Havana World Music will be taking place in the Cuban capital on 7th and 8th February, 2014. The event will be taking place in Havana's Vedado district and will promote cultural diversity through music by gathering artists from all over Cuba and the rest of the world to celebrate two fantastic nights of music.
Musical artists from all over the world will be taking part in the first edition of "Havana World Music" in Cuba next month. The event will take place in the heart of Cuban capital city of Havana on 7th and 8th February and will promote cultural diversity through music.
The event will take place at the "Circulo Social Jose Antonio Echeverria" (former Vedado Tennis Club) close to "Torreon de la Chorrera", and in front of the Malecon. The two-night event will feature performances from local Cuban artists as well as musicians from all over the world. These include Los Van Van, X Alfonso, and Eme Alfonso from Cuba, Fuel Fandango from Spain, Thea from Noruega, and Auntie Flo from Great Britain.
According to the event's website:
"Havana World Music promotes the exchange between musicians, produces and promoters with the aim to strengthen the ties and develop projects between Cuban and international artists. We also work to develop the local cultural sector inviting to parallel activities."
The music festival is a non-profit event organised by the young Cuban soul/fusion artist Eme Alfonso. The aim of the Cuba event is "to promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue, culture as a factor for development, and music as a tool in the education of respect and peace culture".
Carlos Alfonso, front man of the internationally-known Cuban band, Sintesis, which was hugely popular in the ‘80s and'90s, is the artistic director of the new Havana music event and the project is supported by the Cuban Music Institute.
Tourists who are planning to visit Cuba for the Havana World Music event can stay at the nearby Melia Cohiba, a 5 star luxury hotel located in the Vedado district, or the neighbouring Havana Riviera Hotel that features charming preserved 1950's style and glamour and an outdoor swimming pool.
Festivals are regularly hosted in the vivacious Cuban capital city, visitors can go to the Havana International Ballet Festival, the Havana International Film Festival, the famous Habanos Cigar Festival, and the Havana Jazz Festival which features performances from Cuba's finest musicians, as well as appearances from international artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...