First edition of Havana World Music to take pace in February, 2014
The first edition of Havana World Music will be taking place in the Cuban capital on 7th and 8th February, 2014. The event will be taking place in Havana's Vedado district and will promote cultural diversity through music by gathering artists from all over Cuba and the rest of the world to celebrate two fantastic nights of music.
Musical artists from all over the world will be taking part in the first edition of "Havana World Music" in Cuba next month. The event will take place in the heart of Cuban capital city of Havana on 7th and 8th February and will promote cultural diversity through music.
The event will take place at the "Circulo Social Jose Antonio Echeverria" (former Vedado Tennis Club) close to "Torreon de la Chorrera", and in front of the Malecon. The two-night event will feature performances from local Cuban artists as well as musicians from all over the world. These include Los Van Van, X Alfonso, and Eme Alfonso from Cuba, Fuel Fandango from Spain, Thea from Noruega, and Auntie Flo from Great Britain.
According to the event's website:
"Havana World Music promotes the exchange between musicians, produces and promoters with the aim to strengthen the ties and develop projects between Cuban and international artists. We also work to develop the local cultural sector inviting to parallel activities."
The music festival is a non-profit event organised by the young Cuban soul/fusion artist Eme Alfonso. The aim of the Cuba event is "to promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue, culture as a factor for development, and music as a tool in the education of respect and peace culture".
Carlos Alfonso, front man of the internationally-known Cuban band, Sintesis, which was hugely popular in the ‘80s and'90s, is the artistic director of the new Havana music event and the project is supported by the Cuban Music Institute.
Tourists who are planning to visit Cuba for the Havana World Music event can stay at the nearby Melia Cohiba, a 5 star luxury hotel located in the Vedado district, or the neighbouring Havana Riviera Hotel that features charming preserved 1950's style and glamour and an outdoor swimming pool.
Festivals are regularly hosted in the vivacious Cuban capital city, visitors can go to the Havana International Ballet Festival, the Havana International Film Festival, the famous Habanos Cigar Festival, and the Havana Jazz Festival which features performances from Cuba's finest musicians, as well as appearances from international artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...