New "home-grown" Treasure Cove Hotel opens in the Seychelles
A brand new hotel has recently opened its doors to the public on the island of Mahe in the Seychelles. Opened by the MacGregor and Laporte families, the Treasure Cove Hotel is located next to the La Buze Treasure Site and it was officially opened by Alain St. Ange, the Seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism and Culture.
Tourists planning to visit the Seychelles will now have another option for luxury accommodation, after the MacGregor and Laporte families recently opened a brand new small hotel.
The hotel is located on the island of Mahe next to the La Buze Treasure Siteand it has been aptly named, The Treasure Cove Hotel. The property is a joint partnership between the two families and it is run by Marie-France MacGregor and Minister Pierre Laporte.
The Seychelles Minister for Tourism and Culture, Alain St.Ange, officially opened the resort in the Seychelles and he was personally thanked by Marie-France MacGregor at the Indian Ocean hotel's evening ceremony. Minister St.Ange explained:
"We are proud of you for what you have achieved in doing. I have seen your bedrooms and know that the spectacular and uninterrupted views over the turquoise blue seas will be appreciated by all visitors who will be lucky to select your property."
The luxury all inclusive beach resort is located in the charming fishing village of Bel Ombre on the north-western coast of the island. With just 10 guest rooms, visitors can enjoy a relaxed and personalised experience and the onsite "Olivier Le Vasseur Restaurant" serves delicious cuisine created by Pierre Laporte's brother, Alain Laporte, who is a professional chef and has returned to the island after living in Canada for 23 years.
On this topic Mr St.Ange commented:
"When we said that Seychelles needed to claim back its tourism industry, it was an appeal to get more of our Seychellois business community to do like the MacGregor and Laporte families have done. We need Seychellois onboard to help our country consolidate its tourism industry for the long term. When Seychellois are involved, they will defend and they will protect our tourism industry, the industry that remains the pillar of our country's economy."
The Seychelles is an island nation situated in the Indian Ocean, more than 900 miles east of mainland Africa. The country spans an archipelago of 115 tropical islands which feature lush green mountains, huge granite boulders, white sand palm-fringed beaches, azure ocean waters and a tropical climate; perfect for luxury holidays in the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...