Thomas Cook launches direct St Lucia flights from Manchester
Last weekend marked the launch of a new direct flight between Manchester Airport and the Caribbean island of St Lucia. The charter airline, Thomas Cook, now operates weekly St Lucia flights every Sunday as part of its flight-only operation, Fly Thomas Cook. The service will use an Airbus A330 aircraft that will depart at 7:00am GMT from Manchester.
Travellers in the north of the UK who are planning to visit the Caribbean island of St Lucia this winter can now enjoy a new service launched by Thomas Cook.
The charter airline launched direct flights to St Lucia from Manchester Airport last weekend as part of its flight-only operation, Fly Thomas Cook.
The first service to St Lucia arrived on the Caribbean island on Sunday 10th November, 2013 and its passengers, air crew and pilots were greeted by officials of the St Lucia Tourist Board and the St. Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority.
"It is has not escaped the Tourist Board's attention that Thomas Cook Airlines is a member of the Thomas Cook Group; a global travel company with over 170 years of knowledge and experience of what a traveller and vacationer wants in a destination holiday."
"By flying to 'Simply Beautiful' Saint Lucia, you have signalled to us and perhaps most importantly to the British traveller, that Saint Lucia is the Caribbean get away of choice for their vacation. After all, customers trust Thomas Cook to make their holidays truly special. Such a partnership we value immensely."
Stated Thaddeus Antoine, Chairman of the SLTB's Airlift Committee.
The weekly flights to St. Lucia will depart from Manchester Airport every Sunday at 7am GMT and passengers will arrive to their St Lucia holidays at 3pm local time. A specially-configured Airbus A330 aircraft will be used for the new service and has a capacity of 325 seats.
St Lucia is an island nation that is a renowned for its natural beauty made up of the majestic UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons, emerald rolling hills, and miles of white sandy beaches where holidaymakers can enjoy several watersports and fun activities.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline 'Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- Summer Sale with incredible savings of upto 45% in all room types until 3rd January 2019
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- Book one of the honeymoon and wedding packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...