Thomas Cook launches direct St Lucia flights from Manchester
Last weekend marked the launch of a new direct flight between Manchester Airport and the Caribbean island of St Lucia. The charter airline, Thomas Cook, now operates weekly St Lucia flights every Sunday as part of its flight-only operation, Fly Thomas Cook. The service will use an Airbus A330 aircraft that will depart at 7:00am GMT from Manchester.
Travellers in the north of the UK who are planning to visit the Caribbean island of St Lucia this winter can now enjoy a new service launched by Thomas Cook.
The charter airline launched direct flights to St Lucia from Manchester Airport last weekend as part of its flight-only operation, Fly Thomas Cook.
The first service to St Lucia arrived on the Caribbean island on Sunday 10th November, 2013 and its passengers, air crew and pilots were greeted by officials of the St Lucia Tourist Board and the St. Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority.
"It is has not escaped the Tourist Board's attention that Thomas Cook Airlines is a member of the Thomas Cook Group; a global travel company with over 170 years of knowledge and experience of what a traveller and vacationer wants in a destination holiday."
"By flying to 'Simply Beautiful' Saint Lucia, you have signalled to us and perhaps most importantly to the British traveller, that Saint Lucia is the Caribbean get away of choice for their vacation. After all, customers trust Thomas Cook to make their holidays truly special. Such a partnership we value immensely."
Stated Thaddeus Antoine, Chairman of the SLTB's Airlift Committee.
The weekly flights to St. Lucia will depart from Manchester Airport every Sunday at 7am GMT and passengers will arrive to their St Lucia holidays at 3pm local time. A specially-configured Airbus A330 aircraft will be used for the new service and has a capacity of 325 seats.
St Lucia is an island nation that is a renowned for its natural beauty made up of the majestic UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons, emerald rolling hills, and miles of white sandy beaches where holidaymakers can enjoy several watersports and fun activities.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline 'Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...