Thomas Cook launches direct St Lucia flights from Manchester
Last weekend marked the launch of a new direct flight between Manchester Airport and the Caribbean island of St Lucia. The charter airline, Thomas Cook, now operates weekly St Lucia flights every Sunday as part of its flight-only operation, Fly Thomas Cook. The service will use an Airbus A330 aircraft that will depart at 7:00am GMT from Manchester.
Travellers in the north of the UK who are planning to visit the Caribbean island of St Lucia this winter can now enjoy a new service launched by Thomas Cook.
The charter airline launched direct flights to St Lucia from Manchester Airport last weekend as part of its flight-only operation, Fly Thomas Cook.
The first service to St Lucia arrived on the Caribbean island on Sunday 10th November, 2013 and its passengers, air crew and pilots were greeted by officials of the St Lucia Tourist Board and the St. Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority.
"It is has not escaped the Tourist Board's attention that Thomas Cook Airlines is a member of the Thomas Cook Group; a global travel company with over 170 years of knowledge and experience of what a traveller and vacationer wants in a destination holiday."
"By flying to 'Simply Beautiful' Saint Lucia, you have signalled to us and perhaps most importantly to the British traveller, that Saint Lucia is the Caribbean get away of choice for their vacation. After all, customers trust Thomas Cook to make their holidays truly special. Such a partnership we value immensely."
Stated Thaddeus Antoine, Chairman of the SLTB's Airlift Committee.
The weekly flights to St. Lucia will depart from Manchester Airport every Sunday at 7am GMT and passengers will arrive to their St Lucia holidays at 3pm local time. A specially-configured Airbus A330 aircraft will be used for the new service and has a capacity of 325 seats.
St Lucia is an island nation that is a renowned for its natural beauty made up of the majestic UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons, emerald rolling hills, and miles of white sandy beaches where holidaymakers can enjoy several watersports and fun activities.
The 238-square-mile island certainly lives up to its tagline 'Simply Beautiful' and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus Book a Garden View and get upgraded to an Ocean View!!!
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...