Sandals Resorts reaches agreement over two new Barbados resorts
Sandals Resorts International has announced that it has reached an agreement with the government of Barbados to open two new resorts on the Caribbean island. The hotel group will open the Couples Resort in St Lawrence as a Sandals Resort and manage a brand new Beaches Resort that will be built on the site of the former Almond Beach Resort.
Sandals Resorts International just very recently has reached a commercial agreement with the government of Barbados to operate two new beach resorts in the beautiful Caribbean country.
The deal will see the luxury hotel group open the Couples Resort in the beautiful St Lawrence Gap in the parish of Christ Church as a Sandals Resort, as well as manage a new Barbados resort that will be built right on site of the former Almond Beach Resort.
Gordon 'Butch' Stewart, Chairman of Sandals Resorts, stated:
"We are delighted to announce the opening of, not one, but two of our first ever resorts in this wonderful country of Barbados. Barbados and its people are so rich in culture, charm and personality and has been one of the leaders in Caribbean tourism for decades."
"We have been in discussions to bring our award-winning brands to this country for some time and are thrilled that negotiations have now been successfully concluded."
The former Couples property is located on ten acres of land and will open as Sandals Barbados on 6th November, 2013. The new Sandals hotel will honour all existing booking for tourists who have booked Barbados holidays at the Couples Resort.
Sandals Barbados will offer 280 luxury beachfront and garden-view guest rooms and suites and it will feature all of the hotel group's signature Sandals amenities and services.
Speaking about the new Sandals Barbados Resort, Mr Stewart said:
"In the former Couples Resort, I strongly believe that we have acquired one of the most beautiful properties in the entire island and we cannot wait to bring the full Luxury Included experience here."
Sandals Resorts has also reached an agreement with the Barbados government to build a brand new Beaches property on the site of the former Almond Beach Resort in St Peter, Barbados.
Sandals Resorts International owns and operates several luxury Caribbean hotels and resort in destination including St Lucia, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, and The Bahamas.
Barbados is a Caribbean island located in the North Atlantic Ocean, north east of Venezuela. The country is a hotspot for celebrities including Simon Cowell and Cliff Richards who have luxury residences on the island.
The tropical island boasts some of the world's most stunning pink sandy beaches and during holidays to Barbados tourists can play golf on world-class courses, go snorkelling and scuba diving in turquoise warm ocean waters, explore nature reserves such as the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary, and take excursions to Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage site of Bridgetown.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- July Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...