Sandals Resorts reaches agreement over two new Barbados resorts
Sandals Resorts International has announced that it has reached an agreement with the government of Barbados to open two new resorts on the Caribbean island. The hotel group will open the Couples Resort in St Lawrence as a Sandals Resort and manage a brand new Beaches Resort that will be built on the site of the former Almond Beach Resort.
Sandals Resorts International just very recently has reached a commercial agreement with the government of Barbados to operate two new beach resorts in the beautiful Caribbean country.
The deal will see the luxury hotel group open the Couples Resort in the beautiful St Lawrence Gap in the parish of Christ Church as a Sandals Resort, as well as manage a new Barbados resort that will be built right on site of the former Almond Beach Resort.
Gordon 'Butch' Stewart, Chairman of Sandals Resorts, stated:
"We are delighted to announce the opening of, not one, but two of our first ever resorts in this wonderful country of Barbados. Barbados and its people are so rich in culture, charm and personality and has been one of the leaders in Caribbean tourism for decades."
"We have been in discussions to bring our award-winning brands to this country for some time and are thrilled that negotiations have now been successfully concluded."
The former Couples property is located on ten acres of land and will open as Sandals Barbados on 6th November, 2013. The new Sandals hotel will honour all existing booking for tourists who have booked Barbados holidays at the Couples Resort.
Sandals Barbados will offer 280 luxury beachfront and garden-view guest rooms and suites and it will feature all of the hotel group's signature Sandals amenities and services.
Speaking about the new Sandals Barbados Resort, Mr Stewart said:
"In the former Couples Resort, I strongly believe that we have acquired one of the most beautiful properties in the entire island and we cannot wait to bring the full Luxury Included experience here."
Sandals Resorts has also reached an agreement with the Barbados government to build a brand new Beaches property on the site of the former Almond Beach Resort in St Peter, Barbados.
Sandals Resorts International owns and operates several luxury Caribbean hotels and resort in destination including St Lucia, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, and The Bahamas.
Barbados is a Caribbean island located in the North Atlantic Ocean, north east of Venezuela. The country is a hotspot for celebrities including Simon Cowell and Cliff Richards who have luxury residences on the island.
The tropical island boasts some of the world's most stunning pink sandy beaches and during holidays to Barbados tourists can play golf on world-class courses, go snorkelling and scuba diving in turquoise warm ocean waters, explore nature reserves such as the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary, and take excursions to Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage site of Bridgetown.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
- Taste delicious local cuisine at the poolside courtyard bistro
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Savings of up to £300 per person when booking with The Holiday Place
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Enjoy the welcoming hospitality that's uniquely Bajan at Sea Breeze Beach House by Ocean Hotels, close to the nightlife of Oistins and St Lawrence Gap.
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids (up to 16 years old) stay and play free when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- Beautiful, Intimate and Boutique Beachfront property that is perfect for weddings
- All-inclusive resort - Dine at six fabulous restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, from beach snacks to fine dining
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- NEW! From October 2017 Enjoy complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...