Melia Hotels International to open new hotel in Dubai in 2016
The Spanish hotel group Melia Hotels International has announced plans to open a brand new luxury hotel in Dubai. The 100-room property will be located within the unique Opus Tower building in the bustling Burj Khalifa's district and it will open its doors to business travellers and tourists visiting Dubai in 2016.
Melia Hotels International has announced that it will be adding another hotel in to its expanding portfolio of Middle Eastern properties. The ME Dubai will open its door to business travellers and tourists taking Dubai holidays in 2016.
The new property will be located within the unique Opus Office Tower which has been designed to look like a cube with a free-form void in the middle and features interiors designed by architect, Zaha Hadid.
"Along with Zaha Hadid's masterwork of design, whose repertoire gravitates towards interconnectedness and originality, the Opus building will stand out as one of the most striking landmarks on the Dubai skyline and offer the hotel guests and residents of the serviced apartments an experiential journey."
Commented Melia Hotels International via press release.
As well 100 elegant guest rooms and suites, the Dubai hotel's facilities will include several gourmet Michelin-star restaurants and will be located in the city's Burj Khalifa's district. CEO and Vice Chairman of Melia Hotels International, Gabriel Escarrer commented:
"We have been searching for the next city for the ME brand to locate in and found it in this remarkable project in Dubai. It is a fascinating, exciting city that meets the high standards that ME by Melia offers guests. Zaha Hadid's masterpiece has exceeded our expectations; we are grateful to Omniyat for developing this ambitious project, and for trusting Melia Hotels International as their key partner."
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture, enormous shopping malls, lush parks, luxury hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. In Dubai, holidaymakers can visit popular attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Melia Hotels International, a Spanish-based hotel group, made its debut in Dubai in April last year when it opened Melia Dubai.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
The palatial design is just the start of this luxury resort, a perfect place to escape from the dark, cold winters.
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE half board upgrade
- Fully rejuvenate with an authentic Ottoman Spa that extends over 8,000 sq. metres and features 42 individual spa rooms and suites, as well as indoor swimming pool and Turkish Hammans
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...