Melia Hotels International to open new hotel in Dubai in 2016
The Spanish hotel group Melia Hotels International has announced plans to open a brand new luxury hotel in Dubai. The 100-room property will be located within the unique Opus Tower building in the bustling Burj Khalifa's district and it will open its doors to business travellers and tourists visiting Dubai in 2016.
Melia Hotels International has announced that it will be adding another hotel in to its expanding portfolio of Middle Eastern properties. The ME Dubai will open its door to business travellers and tourists taking Dubai holidays in 2016.
The new property will be located within the unique Opus Office Tower which has been designed to look like a cube with a free-form void in the middle and features interiors designed by architect, Zaha Hadid.
"Along with Zaha Hadid's masterwork of design, whose repertoire gravitates towards interconnectedness and originality, the Opus building will stand out as one of the most striking landmarks on the Dubai skyline and offer the hotel guests and residents of the serviced apartments an experiential journey."
Commented Melia Hotels International via press release.
As well 100 elegant guest rooms and suites, the Dubai hotel's facilities will include several gourmet Michelin-star restaurants and will be located in the city's Burj Khalifa's district. CEO and Vice Chairman of Melia Hotels International, Gabriel Escarrer commented:
"We have been searching for the next city for the ME brand to locate in and found it in this remarkable project in Dubai. It is a fascinating, exciting city that meets the high standards that ME by Melia offers guests. Zaha Hadid's masterpiece has exceeded our expectations; we are grateful to Omniyat for developing this ambitious project, and for trusting Melia Hotels International as their key partner."
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture, enormous shopping malls, lush parks, luxury hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. In Dubai, holidaymakers can visit popular attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Melia Hotels International, a Spanish-based hotel group, made its debut in Dubai in April last year when it opened Melia Dubai.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...