Cancun Yucatan Resort to undergo $14 million renovation programme
Club Med has announced that it will be transforming the Cancun Yucatan Resort in Mexico. The all inclusive resort will undergo $14 million worth of renovations which are scheduled to be completed by the summer of 2014. The property has been voted as one of the top hotels for family holidays in Cancun and Mexico by TripAdvisor members.
Club Med has revealed that it will be spending $14 million on the transformation of one of its Mexico resorts. The Cancun Yucatan Resort will undergo an extensive renovation and refurbishment programme which is scheduled to be completed by summer, 2014.
The all inclusive resort is a popular choice for families visiting Cancun and it was voted as one of the "Top Family Hotels" in Mexico by TripAdvisor members.
Nestled between three white sandy beaches and a sparkling turquoise lagoon, the Cancun Yucatan Resort was designed in 1976 and the transformation will update the decor and furnishings as well as expand spaces and add extra guest rooms and suites.
Plans for the refurbishment programme include the addition of 60 new stylish beachfront family accommodation options including 30 Family Club Rooms and 30 Family Deluxe Rooms. The rooms will boast panoramic views of the turquoise ocean, private terraces, and master bedrooms with a separate room for the children.
Families can take advantage of early summer savings for their holidays to Cancun if they book breaks early for travel between 3rd May and 25th October, 2014.
A new Petit Club Med for 2 and 3 year olds will be added to the choice of Kids Clubs at the Cancun hotel and it will be themed around "Red Feather", the pirate bird and his merry band of sailors.
While the little ones are playing in the Kids Clubs, parents can enjoy some downtime during their holidays at the new "Maya Lounge" which will include a lounge, bar and nightclub.
One of the Cancun hotel's restaurants, Las Cazuelas, will be redesigned and will feature two new buffet areas and additional seating options, and the new Argentinean Grill and wine cellar, the La Estancia, will be introduced.
The Club Med Cancun Yucatan is a luxurious all inclusive beach resort located on 22 acres of tropical land on a private peninsula. Holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of activities throughout their holidaysn such as tennis, windsurfing, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, a flying trapeze, fitness classes, tours to the nearby ancient Mayan ruins, and snorkelling or scuba diving adventures in the crystal clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...