Cancun Yucatan Resort to undergo $14 million renovation programme
Club Med has announced that it will be transforming the Cancun Yucatan Resort in Mexico. The all inclusive resort will undergo $14 million worth of renovations which are scheduled to be completed by the summer of 2014. The property has been voted as one of the top hotels for family holidays in Cancun and Mexico by TripAdvisor members.
Club Med has revealed that it will be spending $14 million on the transformation of one of its Mexico resorts. The Cancun Yucatan Resort will undergo an extensive renovation and refurbishment programme which is scheduled to be completed by summer, 2014.
The all inclusive resort is a popular choice for families visiting Cancun and it was voted as one of the "Top Family Hotels" in Mexico by TripAdvisor members.
Nestled between three white sandy beaches and a sparkling turquoise lagoon, the Cancun Yucatan Resort was designed in 1976 and the transformation will update the decor and furnishings as well as expand spaces and add extra guest rooms and suites.
Plans for the refurbishment programme include the addition of 60 new stylish beachfront family accommodation options including 30 Family Club Rooms and 30 Family Deluxe Rooms. The rooms will boast panoramic views of the turquoise ocean, private terraces, and master bedrooms with a separate room for the children.
Families can take advantage of early summer savings for their holidays to Cancun if they book breaks early for travel between 3rd May and 25th October, 2014.
A new Petit Club Med for 2 and 3 year olds will be added to the choice of Kids Clubs at the Cancun hotel and it will be themed around "Red Feather", the pirate bird and his merry band of sailors.
While the little ones are playing in the Kids Clubs, parents can enjoy some downtime during their holidays at the new "Maya Lounge" which will include a lounge, bar and nightclub.
One of the Cancun hotel's restaurants, Las Cazuelas, will be redesigned and will feature two new buffet areas and additional seating options, and the new Argentinean Grill and wine cellar, the La Estancia, will be introduced.
The Club Med Cancun Yucatan is a luxurious all inclusive beach resort located on 22 acres of tropical land on a private peninsula. Holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of activities throughout their holidaysn such as tennis, windsurfing, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, a flying trapeze, fitness classes, tours to the nearby ancient Mayan ruins, and snorkelling or scuba diving adventures in the crystal clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...