Cancun Yucatan Resort to undergo $14 million renovation programme
Club Med has announced that it will be transforming the Cancun Yucatan Resort in Mexico. The all inclusive resort will undergo $14 million worth of renovations which are scheduled to be completed by the summer of 2014. The property has been voted as one of the top hotels for family holidays in Cancun and Mexico by TripAdvisor members.
Club Med has revealed that it will be spending $14 million on the transformation of one of its Mexico resorts. The Cancun Yucatan Resort will undergo an extensive renovation and refurbishment programme which is scheduled to be completed by summer, 2014.
The all inclusive resort is a popular choice for families visiting Cancun and it was voted as one of the "Top Family Hotels" in Mexico by TripAdvisor members.
Nestled between three white sandy beaches and a sparkling turquoise lagoon, the Cancun Yucatan Resort was designed in 1976 and the transformation will update the decor and furnishings as well as expand spaces and add extra guest rooms and suites.
Plans for the refurbishment programme include the addition of 60 new stylish beachfront family accommodation options including 30 Family Club Rooms and 30 Family Deluxe Rooms. The rooms will boast panoramic views of the turquoise ocean, private terraces, and master bedrooms with a separate room for the children.
Families can take advantage of early summer savings for their holidays to Cancun if they book breaks early for travel between 3rd May and 25th October, 2014.
A new Petit Club Med for 2 and 3 year olds will be added to the choice of Kids Clubs at the Cancun hotel and it will be themed around "Red Feather", the pirate bird and his merry band of sailors.
While the little ones are playing in the Kids Clubs, parents can enjoy some downtime during their holidays at the new "Maya Lounge" which will include a lounge, bar and nightclub.
One of the Cancun hotel's restaurants, Las Cazuelas, will be redesigned and will feature two new buffet areas and additional seating options, and the new Argentinean Grill and wine cellar, the La Estancia, will be introduced.
The Club Med Cancun Yucatan is a luxurious all inclusive beach resort located on 22 acres of tropical land on a private peninsula. Holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of activities throughout their holidaysn such as tennis, windsurfing, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, a flying trapeze, fitness classes, tours to the nearby ancient Mayan ruins, and snorkelling or scuba diving adventures in the crystal clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...