Havana's famous Capri Hotel to reopen this winter
The famous Capri Hotel in Havana, Cuba will be reopening this winter after being close for four years. The reopening of the hotel, which is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the novel "The Godfather", is part of Cuba's tourism minister's plan to increase accommodation options in time for the winter season, which is the island's busiest time of year.
After four years of being closed while repairs were carried out, the famous Capri Hotel will be reopening this winter.
The Capri Hotel in Havana, Cuba is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the novel "The Godfather" and it was built in 1958 by Santo Traficante, a New York mobster.
The reopening of the hotel is part of Cuba's Tourism Minister's promotional activities to increase accommodation options in time for the winter season which is the Caribbean nation's busiest time of year for holidaymakers.
The Commercial Director of the Ministry, Manuel Bisbe, spoke at a press conference recently and announced that three Italian clubs operated by Alpitur and Eden Viaggi firms will be opening in Varadero, and Santa Maria and Largo Keys.
Cuba's recent visitor arrivals were down slightly in comparison to 2012 and in a bid to increase accommodation offerings for tourists, more than 3,000 rooms across the country are being refurbished ahead of the forthcoming peak season.
Throughout the 1950s, the Capri Hotel was one of the most popular Havana hotels for American gangsters visiting Cuba and its main features include a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant, La Florentina.
The property is located on a corner close to 23rd Street and the capital city's shopping district and offers city views from its 19 floors and 216 guest rooms.
Havana is a vibrant city in Cuba that boasts historic and modern hotels, theatres, nightclubs, bars and restaurants. Visitors can soak up the city's and culture by exploring its historical sites, walking along winding cobbled streets, and mingling with the high-spirited local residents in bars and vafes.
The "Parque Central" offers a tranquil space where tourists and escape from the bustling city and relax amid fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings.
Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and has undergone restoration projects by the Cuban government over recent years in a bid to attract more visitors to the area's piazzas and streets.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...