Havana's famous Capri Hotel to reopen this winter
The famous Capri Hotel in Havana, Cuba will be reopening this winter after being close for four years. The reopening of the hotel, which is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the novel "The Godfather", is part of Cuba's tourism minister's plan to increase accommodation options in time for the winter season, which is the island's busiest time of year.
After four years of being closed while repairs were carried out, the famous Capri Hotel will be reopening this winter.
The Capri Hotel in Havana, Cuba is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the novel "The Godfather" and it was built in 1958 by Santo Traficante, a New York mobster.
The reopening of the hotel is part of Cuba's Tourism Minister's promotional activities to increase accommodation options in time for the winter season which is the Caribbean nation's busiest time of year for holidaymakers.
The Commercial Director of the Ministry, Manuel Bisbe, spoke at a press conference recently and announced that three Italian clubs operated by Alpitur and Eden Viaggi firms will be opening in Varadero, and Santa Maria and Largo Keys.
Cuba's recent visitor arrivals were down slightly in comparison to 2012 and in a bid to increase accommodation offerings for tourists, more than 3,000 rooms across the country are being refurbished ahead of the forthcoming peak season.
Throughout the 1950s, the Capri Hotel was one of the most popular Havana hotels for American gangsters visiting Cuba and its main features include a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant, La Florentina.
The property is located on a corner close to 23rd Street and the capital city's shopping district and offers city views from its 19 floors and 216 guest rooms.
Havana is a vibrant city in Cuba that boasts historic and modern hotels, theatres, nightclubs, bars and restaurants. Visitors can soak up the city's and culture by exploring its historical sites, walking along winding cobbled streets, and mingling with the high-spirited local residents in bars and vafes.
The "Parque Central" offers a tranquil space where tourists and escape from the bustling city and relax amid fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings.
Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and has undergone restoration projects by the Cuban government over recent years in a bid to attract more visitors to the area's piazzas and streets.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...