Events announced for 2013 Barbados Food, Wine and Rum Festival
Events for the 2013 Barbados Food, Wine and Rum Festival have been announced and holidaymakers will have plenty of gourmet delights to enjoy during their stay on the Caribbean island. International chefs including Mark McEwan and Jose Garces will be teasing the taste buds of visitors, while Mount Gay Rum Ambassador Chesterfield Browne will be talking about the nation's famous local tipple.
Food and drink enthusiasts will the chance to sample some of the Caribbean's finest produce at the annual festival in Barbados in November. The 2013 Barbados Food, Wine and Rum Festival will be taking place from 22nd to 25th November and the line-up of events has been announced.
Five international chefs will be demonstrating their talent, including Marcus Samuelsson, Aaron McCargo, Jr., Anne Burrell, Mark McEwan, Jose Garces, and Josh Wesson, and the Ambassador of the world-famous Mount Gay Rum, Chesterfield Browne, will be talking about the island's local tipple.
Barbados is famous for its delicious rum and with over 1,500 rum shops on the 166 square-mile island tourists will have several places to sample the delicious spirit. Rum has been a vital part of the island nation's heritage, history, and economy for more than 350 years. There will be plenty of opportunities throughout the Barbados Food and Wine and Rum Festival to taste the different varieties of rum punch in venues across the island.
On Friday 22nd November, the festivities will kick off at party at The Beach House from 10pm until 3am, and on Saturday 23rd November, the Hilton Barbados Resort will host cooking demonstrations from the international and Bajan chefs, plus wine demonstrations from Josh Wesson.
During the Barbados Food, Wine and Rum Festival, tourists can enjoy an Indulgence Cruise and a Mount Gay Rum Tour, as well as smaller events taking place at Barbados hotels, restaurants and bars.
Barbados is located in the Caribbean Sea, about 250 miles northeast of Trinidad and Tobago. The tropical island is home to pristine white sand beaches that are fringed with turquoise warm ocean waters. The ocean is thriving with colourful coral reefs and provides perfect conditions for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
In Barbados, tourists can explore the UNSECO World heritage site and the island's capital Bridgetown, Harrison's Cave in St Thomas, the Flower Forest Botanical Gardens, and many historical properties, estates and attractions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...