Hotel in Varadero, Cuba will celebrate International Beer Festival this autumn
Next September and October will see the first ever International Beer Festival in to be held in Cuba. Dubbed 'Oktoberfest', the event is to be celebrated at the Melia Las Antillas hotel in the famed beach resort of Varadero. Those planning Cuba holidays at the five-star all inclusive resort will get to enjoy one to two weeks full of special games, activities and beer-related fun with great prizes up for grabs too (including a free hotel stay for two).
For the very first time, a five-star Cuban hotel and resort poised on the sparkling white sands of Varadero beach is to soon celebrate a fun beer festival taking place over the last week of September and the first week in October.
The Melia Las Antillas resort, an all inclusive adults-only, beachfront retreat with five-star facilities and service is proud to announce the new 'Oktoberfest' and formally invites holidaymakers the world over to come, stay, participate and enjoy a special programme full of fun games, activities and amazing prizes, including a draw for a one-week stay for two at the hotel resort.
Strictly for adults over 16 only, the new festival welcomes guests to unlimited fun with special beer-themed games including competitions to make the largest pyramid out of beer cans, archery with beer can targets, ring tossing over beer bottles, races holding beer cans, beer mug filling while blindfolded and much, much more.
The full 6-day programme will take place from 30th September to 5th October and then again from 7th to 12th October 2013. The full itinerary for beer-tastic holidays in Varadero is detailed below:
Day 1 – Welcome
- Welcome party with live music, cocktails and a variety of food to sample.
- Introduction between Management and Animation Team.
- Introduction of Oktoberfest progamme.
Day 2 – Olympic Party
- Fun games and competitions with the entertainment team in the morning and afternoon, accompanied by food and drinks. Great Beach Volleyball Tournament. Special Show.
Day 3 – Grand Cuban Festival
- Participation games, fashion show, cocktails, dance classes with live music, conga, recorded music and traditional shows.
- Harley Davidson motorcycle show.
- Special lobster dinner in the buffet restaurant.
- Super-evening at the disco.
Day 4 – Oktoberfest Day
- Fun games and competitions with hotel's entertainment team.
- Official opening of the beer fest and the Gastronomic Festival with German and Cuban food.
- Sampling Bucanero, Cristal and Becks beer.
- Presentation of the candidates to be elected 2013 Beer King and Queen.
Day 5 – Grand Awards Night
- Fun games and competitions with the entertainment team.
- Special award to the highest point scorers in the Oktoberfest games with a one-week free stay for two at the Melia Las Antillas.
- Coronation and prizes for the 2013 Beer King and Queen.
Day 6 – See You Next Time
- Day of relaxation at the beach and fun activities.
- Big farewell party at night.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...