Hotel in Varadero, Cuba will celebrate International Beer Festival this autumn
Next September and October will see the first ever International Beer Festival in to be held in Cuba. Dubbed 'Oktoberfest', the event is to be celebrated at the Melia Las Antillas hotel in the famed beach resort of Varadero. Those planning Cuba holidays at the five-star all inclusive resort will get to enjoy one to two weeks full of special games, activities and beer-related fun with great prizes up for grabs too (including a free hotel stay for two).
For the very first time, a five-star Cuban hotel and resort poised on the sparkling white sands of Varadero beach is to soon celebrate a fun beer festival taking place over the last week of September and the first week in October.
The Melia Las Antillas resort, an all inclusive adults-only, beachfront retreat with five-star facilities and service is proud to announce the new 'Oktoberfest' and formally invites holidaymakers the world over to come, stay, participate and enjoy a special programme full of fun games, activities and amazing prizes, including a draw for a one-week stay for two at the hotel resort.
Strictly for adults over 16 only, the new festival welcomes guests to unlimited fun with special beer-themed games including competitions to make the largest pyramid out of beer cans, archery with beer can targets, ring tossing over beer bottles, races holding beer cans, beer mug filling while blindfolded and much, much more.
The full 6-day programme will take place from 30th September to 5th October and then again from 7th to 12th October 2013. The full itinerary for beer-tastic holidays in Varadero is detailed below:
Day 1 – Welcome
- Welcome party with live music, cocktails and a variety of food to sample.
- Introduction between Management and Animation Team.
- Introduction of Oktoberfest progamme.
Day 2 – Olympic Party
- Fun games and competitions with the entertainment team in the morning and afternoon, accompanied by food and drinks. Great Beach Volleyball Tournament. Special Show.
Day 3 – Grand Cuban Festival
- Participation games, fashion show, cocktails, dance classes with live music, conga, recorded music and traditional shows.
- Harley Davidson motorcycle show.
- Special lobster dinner in the buffet restaurant.
- Super-evening at the disco.
Day 4 – Oktoberfest Day
- Fun games and competitions with hotel's entertainment team.
- Official opening of the beer fest and the Gastronomic Festival with German and Cuban food.
- Sampling Bucanero, Cristal and Becks beer.
- Presentation of the candidates to be elected 2013 Beer King and Queen.
Day 5 – Grand Awards Night
- Fun games and competitions with the entertainment team.
- Special award to the highest point scorers in the Oktoberfest games with a one-week free stay for two at the Melia Las Antillas.
- Coronation and prizes for the 2013 Beer King and Queen.
Day 6 – See You Next Time
- Day of relaxation at the beach and fun activities.
- Big farewell party at night.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...