Hotel in Varadero, Cuba will celebrate International Beer Festival this autumn
Next September and October will see the first ever International Beer Festival in to be held in Cuba. Dubbed 'Oktoberfest', the event is to be celebrated at the Melia Las Antillas hotel in the famed beach resort of Varadero. Those planning Cuba holidays at the five-star all inclusive resort will get to enjoy one to two weeks full of special games, activities and beer-related fun with great prizes up for grabs too (including a free hotel stay for two).
For the very first time, a five-star Cuban hotel and resort poised on the sparkling white sands of Varadero beach is to soon celebrate a fun beer festival taking place over the last week of September and the first week in October.
The Melia Las Antillas resort, an all inclusive adults-only, beachfront retreat with five-star facilities and service is proud to announce the new 'Oktoberfest' and formally invites holidaymakers the world over to come, stay, participate and enjoy a special programme full of fun games, activities and amazing prizes, including a draw for a one-week stay for two at the hotel resort.
Strictly for adults over 16 only, the new festival welcomes guests to unlimited fun with special beer-themed games including competitions to make the largest pyramid out of beer cans, archery with beer can targets, ring tossing over beer bottles, races holding beer cans, beer mug filling while blindfolded and much, much more.
The full 6-day programme will take place from 30th September to 5th October and then again from 7th to 12th October 2013. The full itinerary for beer-tastic holidays in Varadero is detailed below:
Day 1 – Welcome
- Welcome party with live music, cocktails and a variety of food to sample.
- Introduction between Management and Animation Team.
- Introduction of Oktoberfest progamme.
Day 2 – Olympic Party
- Fun games and competitions with the entertainment team in the morning and afternoon, accompanied by food and drinks. Great Beach Volleyball Tournament. Special Show.
Day 3 – Grand Cuban Festival
- Participation games, fashion show, cocktails, dance classes with live music, conga, recorded music and traditional shows.
- Harley Davidson motorcycle show.
- Special lobster dinner in the buffet restaurant.
- Super-evening at the disco.
Day 4 – Oktoberfest Day
- Fun games and competitions with hotel's entertainment team.
- Official opening of the beer fest and the Gastronomic Festival with German and Cuban food.
- Sampling Bucanero, Cristal and Becks beer.
- Presentation of the candidates to be elected 2013 Beer King and Queen.
Day 5 – Grand Awards Night
- Fun games and competitions with the entertainment team.
- Special award to the highest point scorers in the Oktoberfest games with a one-week free stay for two at the Melia Las Antillas.
- Coronation and prizes for the 2013 Beer King and Queen.
Day 6 – See You Next Time
- Day of relaxation at the beach and fun activities.
- Big farewell party at night.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...