First music-themed hotel in Cuba to open in November 2013
The month of November will see the much anticipated opening of the first ever hotel in Cuba to be designed and created with a music theme, inspired by the many intoxicating rhythms that this island has given birth to. The new Blue Salsa Club in Varadero will be a unique resort themed around authentic Cuban beats and offering special extras like music and dancing lessons.
An exciting new kind of Cuban hotel is soon to open in the much loved stretch of powdery soft sands and clear turquoise waters that is Varadero. The innovative Blue Salsa Club will officially be opening its doors in November to welcome tourists seeking to learn about the island's uniquely rich music heritage.
As the birthplace of popular rhythms such as mambo, cha cha cha, bolero, guaracha and salsa, Cuba has a strong musical identity that can be felt in its lively city streets, where you can see the locals swaying to pulsating beats coming from their home stereos (yes, they like to crank up the volume real high so that neighbours enjoy the music too). In fact, all too often you see music stereos positioned right on the street so that all the neighbourhood can enjoy the rhythms and dance along.
Wanting to bring this musical experience closer to tourists, who often don't get to participate in this kind of street parties when confined in glitzy and glamorous resorts, the new hotel aims to make guests feel as though they are trapped in a Cuban capsule, breathing an authentic Cuban atmosphere and going back and forth in time with music of today and yesteryear.
From the modern sounds of salsa and timba that represent contemporary Cuba today, to the nostalgic tunes of cha cha cha and bolero that the nation fell in love with during the early and mid-1900s, the music will evoke the real Cuba through the ages.
Much like the Hard Rock chain of hotels, this new concept aims to bring Cuba's outstanding music heritage to tourists in an innovative way, so that upon waking every day at the resort they'll be moving to contagious Latin beats and getting the opportunity to fully immerse in the island's music scene and culture.
"It's a very similar idea to the Hard Rock hotels and the aim is to make the customer, when he enters the Blue Salsa Club, breathe music, culture, dance and Cubanness."
Official sources revealed.
The resort, which is beautifully poised on the white sands of Varadero Beach, has been developed by Spanish group, Blue Bay and Cuba's Paradiso agency, which specialises in cultural tourism and promotes authentic Cuban music genres like salsa, son, bolero and guaracha, as well as other traditional dances.
As part of their stay, guests at the Blue Salsa Club will get to enjoy special dance and music classes, from percussion to various musical instruments – all fully included in the price of the room rate.
For all lovers of music and Cuban culture, the new resort promise to deliver Cuba holidays with a unique musical twist.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...