First music-themed hotel in Cuba to open in November 2013
The month of November will see the much anticipated opening of the first ever hotel in Cuba to be designed and created with a music theme, inspired by the many intoxicating rhythms that this island has given birth to. The new Blue Salsa Club in Varadero will be a unique resort themed around authentic Cuban beats and offering special extras like music and dancing lessons.
An exciting new kind of Cuban hotel is soon to open in the much loved stretch of powdery soft sands and clear turquoise waters that is Varadero. The innovative Blue Salsa Club will officially be opening its doors in November to welcome tourists seeking to learn about the island's uniquely rich music heritage.
As the birthplace of popular rhythms such as mambo, cha cha cha, bolero, guaracha and salsa, Cuba has a strong musical identity that can be felt in its lively city streets, where you can see the locals swaying to pulsating beats coming from their home stereos (yes, they like to crank up the volume real high so that neighbours enjoy the music too). In fact, all too often you see music stereos positioned right on the street so that all the neighbourhood can enjoy the rhythms and dance along.
Wanting to bring this musical experience closer to tourists, who often don't get to participate in this kind of street parties when confined in glitzy and glamorous resorts, the new hotel aims to make guests feel as though they are trapped in a Cuban capsule, breathing an authentic Cuban atmosphere and going back and forth in time with music of today and yesteryear.
From the modern sounds of salsa and timba that represent contemporary Cuba today, to the nostalgic tunes of cha cha cha and bolero that the nation fell in love with during the early and mid-1900s, the music will evoke the real Cuba through the ages.
Much like the Hard Rock chain of hotels, this new concept aims to bring Cuba's outstanding music heritage to tourists in an innovative way, so that upon waking every day at the resort they'll be moving to contagious Latin beats and getting the opportunity to fully immerse in the island's music scene and culture.
"It's a very similar idea to the Hard Rock hotels and the aim is to make the customer, when he enters the Blue Salsa Club, breathe music, culture, dance and Cubanness."
Official sources revealed.
The resort, which is beautifully poised on the white sands of Varadero Beach, has been developed by Spanish group, Blue Bay and Cuba's Paradiso agency, which specialises in cultural tourism and promotes authentic Cuban music genres like salsa, son, bolero and guaracha, as well as other traditional dances.
As part of their stay, guests at the Blue Salsa Club will get to enjoy special dance and music classes, from percussion to various musical instruments – all fully included in the price of the room rate.
For all lovers of music and Cuban culture, the new resort promise to deliver Cuba holidays with a unique musical twist.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...