First music-themed hotel in Cuba to open in November 2013
The month of November will see the much anticipated opening of the first ever hotel in Cuba to be designed and created with a music theme, inspired by the many intoxicating rhythms that this island has given birth to. The new Blue Salsa Club in Varadero will be a unique resort themed around authentic Cuban beats and offering special extras like music and dancing lessons.
An exciting new kind of Cuban hotel is soon to open in the much loved stretch of powdery soft sands and clear turquoise waters that is Varadero. The innovative Blue Salsa Club will officially be opening its doors in November to welcome tourists seeking to learn about the island's uniquely rich music heritage.
As the birthplace of popular rhythms such as mambo, cha cha cha, bolero, guaracha and salsa, Cuba has a strong musical identity that can be felt in its lively city streets, where you can see the locals swaying to pulsating beats coming from their home stereos (yes, they like to crank up the volume real high so that neighbours enjoy the music too). In fact, all too often you see music stereos positioned right on the street so that all the neighbourhood can enjoy the rhythms and dance along.
Wanting to bring this musical experience closer to tourists, who often don't get to participate in this kind of street parties when confined in glitzy and glamorous resorts, the new hotel aims to make guests feel as though they are trapped in a Cuban capsule, breathing an authentic Cuban atmosphere and going back and forth in time with music of today and yesteryear.
From the modern sounds of salsa and timba that represent contemporary Cuba today, to the nostalgic tunes of cha cha cha and bolero that the nation fell in love with during the early and mid-1900s, the music will evoke the real Cuba through the ages.
Much like the Hard Rock chain of hotels, this new concept aims to bring Cuba's outstanding music heritage to tourists in an innovative way, so that upon waking every day at the resort they'll be moving to contagious Latin beats and getting the opportunity to fully immerse in the island's music scene and culture.
"It's a very similar idea to the Hard Rock hotels and the aim is to make the customer, when he enters the Blue Salsa Club, breathe music, culture, dance and Cubanness."
Official sources revealed.
The resort, which is beautifully poised on the white sands of Varadero Beach, has been developed by Spanish group, Blue Bay and Cuba's Paradiso agency, which specialises in cultural tourism and promotes authentic Cuban music genres like salsa, son, bolero and guaracha, as well as other traditional dances.
As part of their stay, guests at the Blue Salsa Club will get to enjoy special dance and music classes, from percussion to various musical instruments – all fully included in the price of the room rate.
For all lovers of music and Cuban culture, the new resort promise to deliver Cuba holidays with a unique musical twist.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...