Seven Sri Lankan Jetwing hotels honoured with Travelife Gold Award
Seven properties belonging to Sri Lanka's Jetwing Hotels have received the Travelife Gold Award for their sustainable efforts after meeting the standards of the Travelife sustainability criteria. The Travelife Sustainability System was established in 2007 and manages the environment, people, and local community issues of hotels and accommodation.
The prestigious Travelife Gold Award has been awarded to seven Jetwing Sri Lanka hotels for their efforts in sustainability.
The seven properties belong to the hotel group, Jetwing Hotels, and include Jetwing Blue, Jetwing Beach, Jetwing Vil Uyana, Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, Jetwing Sea, Jetwing Lighthouse, and Jetwing St. Andrew's.
Each of the properties was awarded for its sustainable tourism efforts and meeting the criteria of the Travelife Sustainability System which was established in 2007 and looks at ways to manage the environment, people, and local community issues of hotels and resorts.
The Jetwing Eternal Earth Programme (JEEP Jetwing) addresses four main areas of sustainable practice - Community Outreach, Sustainability, Eco Projects and Humanitarian Programmes.
"To us, having 7 of our properties certified with the Travelife Gold is an honour. Jetwing Lagoon will be undergoing the audit very soon, and we look forward to seeing another Gold award!" commented Hiran Cooray, the Chairman of Jetwing Hotels.
"Our commitment to sustainability has always remained steadfast, as our future will depend on it. The efforts of our Engineering, Naturalist and hotel teams and associates have brought us this far, and so it shall continue."
Jetwing is a family owned business that was created in 1970 in Sri Lanka and operated an array of luxury Sri Lanka hotels, as well as two other main divisions - Jetwing Travels and Jetwing Eco Holidays.
Located in the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is a leading tourist destination thanks to its breathtaking natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of golden sandy beaches, soaring mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island has seen a significant rise in tourists and visitors since the end of the 25-year-long civil war in 2009 as travellers regain confidence in safe travel to the nation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...