Seven Sri Lankan Jetwing hotels honoured with Travelife Gold Award
Seven properties belonging to Sri Lanka's Jetwing Hotels have received the Travelife Gold Award for their sustainable efforts after meeting the standards of the Travelife sustainability criteria. The Travelife Sustainability System was established in 2007 and manages the environment, people, and local community issues of hotels and accommodation.
The prestigious Travelife Gold Award has been awarded to seven Jetwing Sri Lanka hotels for their efforts in sustainability.
The seven properties belong to the hotel group, Jetwing Hotels, and include Jetwing Blue, Jetwing Beach, Jetwing Vil Uyana, Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, Jetwing Sea, Jetwing Lighthouse, and Jetwing St. Andrew's.
Each of the properties was awarded for its sustainable tourism efforts and meeting the criteria of the Travelife Sustainability System which was established in 2007 and looks at ways to manage the environment, people, and local community issues of hotels and resorts.
The Jetwing Eternal Earth Programme (JEEP Jetwing) addresses four main areas of sustainable practice - Community Outreach, Sustainability, Eco Projects and Humanitarian Programmes.
"To us, having 7 of our properties certified with the Travelife Gold is an honour. Jetwing Lagoon will be undergoing the audit very soon, and we look forward to seeing another Gold award!" commented Hiran Cooray, the Chairman of Jetwing Hotels.
"Our commitment to sustainability has always remained steadfast, as our future will depend on it. The efforts of our Engineering, Naturalist and hotel teams and associates have brought us this far, and so it shall continue."
Jetwing is a family owned business that was created in 1970 in Sri Lanka and operated an array of luxury Sri Lanka hotels, as well as two other main divisions - Jetwing Travels and Jetwing Eco Holidays.
Located in the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is a leading tourist destination thanks to its breathtaking natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of golden sandy beaches, soaring mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island has seen a significant rise in tourists and visitors since the end of the 25-year-long civil war in 2009 as travellers regain confidence in safe travel to the nation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Take advantage of a this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Embark on a holiday of a lifetime with this amazing twin centre special offer
- Indulge your senses with the amazing spa treatments at the Avani Kalutara
- Enjoy an authentic Rajasthani meal with a local Indian family in Jaipur
- Buy some amazing souvenirs made by sculptors who claim to be direct descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...