Jude Law races on Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina circuit
Hollywood actor, Jude Law swapped the red carpet for the racetrack during his recent trip to Abu Dhabi. The British star took to the tarmac at the Yas Marina Circuit and put on a show for his fans as he drove a Yas Supersport SST around the 5.5 km track. The circuit will become a hotspot for holidaymakers visiting Abu Dhabi in November when the annual Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix takes place.
The British actor Jude Law has been experiencing the thrills of the racing world after he visited Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina Circuit ahead of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this November.
The Hollywood actor swapped posing on the red carpet for action shots as he sped along the futuristic racecourse which is a hotspot for racing enthusiasts visiting Abu Dhabi.
Famous for his roles in The Talented Mr. Ripley, Road to Perdition and Sherlock Holmes, Law participated in "Hot Laps" around the 5.5km track in a Yas Supersport SST – a miniature version of Le Mans endurance vehicles.
"Jude was bowled over by the entire experience – he was a natural racer," an insider from Yas Marina Circuit, explained. "He even said he was considering returning to Abu Dhabi for the Grand Prix in November."
Every year, thousands of racing fans and tourists travel to Abu Dhabi in November for the chance to see world-class racing drivers battle it out for the prestigious Grand Prix winning title.
The Yas Marina Track is located on the manmade Yas Island which is located approximately 30 minutes from the centre of Abu Dhabi. The track is almost 3.5 miles long with 21 bends and it runs past the marina, through one of the most unique Abu Dhabi hotels - the Yas Marina Hotel - and along sand dunes.
Abu Dhabi is a leading tourist destination in the Middle East and as the capital of the United Arab Emirates it has an array of fantastic attractions and events to entertain visitors of all ages. In Abu Dhabi, tourists can enjoy access to Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, and the Abu Dhabi Mall. The city's waterfront, sandy beaches, golf courses, and lush green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Surround yourself with unspoiled beauty at the luxurious Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas
- Authentic flavours from around the world with seven modern, stylish and creative dining venues
- All rooms and suites boast elegant interiors, luxury facilities and reflect the warmth of a beachfront home
- Beachside retreat surrounded by natural beauty, architectural splendour, and cultural experiences
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Unwind and remove all the stresses of modern life with this amazing twin destination offer
- Enjoy a wide range of flavours and exoctic meal with the onsite restaurants
- Loose yourself in the Sheraton Spa and benefit from a plethora of treatments
- Visit the iconic and famous Taj Mahal
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...