Jude Law races on Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina circuit
Hollywood actor, Jude Law swapped the red carpet for the racetrack during his recent trip to Abu Dhabi. The British star took to the tarmac at the Yas Marina Circuit and put on a show for his fans as he drove a Yas Supersport SST around the 5.5 km track. The circuit will become a hotspot for holidaymakers visiting Abu Dhabi in November when the annual Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix takes place.
The British actor Jude Law has been experiencing the thrills of the racing world after he visited Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina Circuit ahead of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this November.
The Hollywood actor swapped posing on the red carpet for action shots as he sped along the futuristic racecourse which is a hotspot for racing enthusiasts visiting Abu Dhabi.
Famous for his roles in The Talented Mr. Ripley, Road to Perdition and Sherlock Holmes, Law participated in "Hot Laps" around the 5.5km track in a Yas Supersport SST – a miniature version of Le Mans endurance vehicles.
"Jude was bowled over by the entire experience – he was a natural racer," an insider from Yas Marina Circuit, explained. "He even said he was considering returning to Abu Dhabi for the Grand Prix in November."
Every year, thousands of racing fans and tourists travel to Abu Dhabi in November for the chance to see world-class racing drivers battle it out for the prestigious Grand Prix winning title.
The Yas Marina Track is located on the manmade Yas Island which is located approximately 30 minutes from the centre of Abu Dhabi. The track is almost 3.5 miles long with 21 bends and it runs past the marina, through one of the most unique Abu Dhabi hotels - the Yas Marina Hotel - and along sand dunes.
Abu Dhabi is a leading tourist destination in the Middle East and as the capital of the United Arab Emirates it has an array of fantastic attractions and events to entertain visitors of all ages. In Abu Dhabi, tourists can enjoy access to Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, and the Abu Dhabi Mall. The city's waterfront, sandy beaches, golf courses, and lush green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Indulge yourself in endless luxury at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
- fabulous location in the heart of Abu Dhabi with great views of Abu Dhabi's landmark the mosque
- one of the best kids clubs in Abu Dhabi
- amazing culinary experience with 10 restaurants to choose from
Enjoy your stay in Abu Dhabi at Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri with stunning views of Abu Dhabi's landmark
- Enjoy stunning views of the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque
- Relax on the private beach at the resort and at the luxurious Spa
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade on selected dates
- Walking distance to Abu Dhabi's duty free shopping malls and historial area
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...