Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa Sri Lanka opens to welcome discerning holidaymakers
Centara Hotels & Resorts has announced the recent opening of the Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa Sri Lanka in Passikudah Bay. Sri Lankan cricket star, Kumar Dharmasena, and his family were among the first guests to take Sri Lanka holidays at the 126-room beachfront resort on the northern coast of the island.
The Area General Manager of Centara Hotels & Resorts Sri Lanka, Alexandre Glauser, has announced the official opening of the Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa Sri Lanka after its soft opening in April 2013.
The 126-room beachfront hotel opened its doors last month and the first guests to spend their Sri Lanka holidays in the new resort included Sri Lankan cricket star Kumar Dharmasena and his family.
The Sri Lanka resort is located in Passikudah Bay on the northern coast of the beautiful island nation and is surrounded by shallow bay waters which are ideal for swimming, windsurfing and kayaking.
The luxurious Sri Lanka hotel’s facilities include a modern fitness centre, an infinity pool, and Spa Cenvaree; Reef Café, an all day restaurant serving gourmet local and international culinary delights, Spice Market Restaurant, and the Aqua Bar with views overlooking the pool; and the Bay Ballroom which is perfect for weddings, dinners or conferences.
During holidays to Sri Lanka, holidaymakers can relax in comfortable, modern rooms and suites where they will have access to a private balcony or terrace.
Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa Sri Lanka is located 90 minutes away from Trincomalee Airport and in July 2013, flights will be launched to Batticaloa Airport which is just 40 minutes away.
Sri Lanka is famous for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem made up of miles of pristine sandy beaches, soaring mountains, undulating green hills, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature reserves, and a collection of heritage sites that include ancient cities and colonial forts.
The nation’s tourism industry suffered during the 25-year-long civil war but since the end of conflict in 2009, the island has welcomed a boost in the number of international tourists taking holidays in Sri Lanka as travellers regain confidence in safe travel to the island.
Centara Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel chain in Thailand with a wide selection of luxury properties in cities and towns across the country as well international resorts in Maldives, Vietnam, Bali Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Mauritius.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...