India's Golden Triangle Tour continues to earn rave reviews
Features editor for the UK's Sunday Mirror recently wrote a rave review about the India Golden Triangle Tour. Main's article captures in words the breathtaking beauty of some of India's most exotic sites. Recent cases of assaults to female holidaymakers have led to travel groups advising against travel to India but reviews like this will come a long way in repairing some of the damage that has been done to India's reputation as one of the must-see holiday destinations in the world.
Despite the current wave of negative press surrounding India’s tourism industry as it relates to safety, there is no denying that booking the famed Golden Triangle Tour provides a once in a lifetime opportunity for travellers to experience the key sites in one of the world’s most exotic and culturally rich destinations. A recent review written by the Sunday Mirror’s Features editor Jill Main put it best when she noted, “while it may be only a nine-hour flight away from Britain, India feels like nowhere else on Earth”.
The success of India’s tourism industry has been largely underpinned by the popularity of Golden Triangle Tour package holidays, Made up of trips to the capital city of Delhi, Agra- home of the famous Taj Mahal and Jaipur also known as the Pink city- a nickname earned thanks to the pink hue featured on many of the buildings, India’s Golden Triangle is the preferred route for many travellers.
Of her experience in Dehli, Main wrote, “Two words best describe the city as a whole, though: exotic and frenetic. Even a simple walk to look at the Red Fort, a huge palace-cum-fortress that formed the heart of the Mughal Empire, is a sensory overload. Everywhere you look something memorable is happening, whether it’s a line of men being shaved on the street by barbers, a family of baboons stealing fruit from one of the market stalls or a cow holding up three lanes of traffic”
The Taj Mahal is of course for many the pinnacle of any tour of India. This, one of the Seven Wonders of World built by King Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaj Mahal, is one of India’s most iconic buildings. Taken aback by the majestic beauty of this enchanting mausoleum, Main wrote, “I don’t care how many versions of the mausoleum you’ve seen in your local Indian restaurant, nothing can prepare you for the breathtaking majesty of the building itself. As you walk through the gateway and take in the vast white marble edifice it is truly awe-inspiring and achingly beautiful.”
With reports of a 25 per cent decline in the number of female travellers booking India holidays in recent months over fears of sexual assault, India’s tourism officials will no doubt be grateful to writers like Jill Main for reminding the world of all that India has to offer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Journey on the fastest train in India, the country's very own 'Bullet Train' that was launched in April 2016
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Journey through the heart of India exploring various monuments including The Taj Mahal and The Golden Temple in Amritsar
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Visit the Wagah border to experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony a once in a lifetime activity to witness
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and enjoy two fabolous dinners in Amritsar
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Relax and make the most of your holiday with the 11 nights Superior Golden Triangle and Superior Shimla Highlights
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments (one time only) as per the itinerary
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...