India's Golden Triangle Tour continues to earn rave reviews
Features editor for the UK's Sunday Mirror recently wrote a rave review about the India Golden Triangle Tour. Main's article captures in words the breathtaking beauty of some of India's most exotic sites. Recent cases of assaults to female holidaymakers have led to travel groups advising against travel to India but reviews like this will come a long way in repairing some of the damage that has been done to India's reputation as one of the must-see holiday destinations in the world.
Despite the current wave of negative press surrounding India’s tourism industry as it relates to safety, there is no denying that booking the famed Golden Triangle Tour provides a once in a lifetime opportunity for travellers to experience the key sites in one of the world’s most exotic and culturally rich destinations. A recent review written by the Sunday Mirror’s Features editor Jill Main put it best when she noted, “while it may be only a nine-hour flight away from Britain, India feels like nowhere else on Earth”.
The success of India’s tourism industry has been largely underpinned by the popularity of Golden Triangle Tour package holidays, Made up of trips to the capital city of Delhi, Agra- home of the famous Taj Mahal and Jaipur also known as the Pink city- a nickname earned thanks to the pink hue featured on many of the buildings, India’s Golden Triangle is the preferred route for many travellers.
Of her experience in Dehli, Main wrote, “Two words best describe the city as a whole, though: exotic and frenetic. Even a simple walk to look at the Red Fort, a huge palace-cum-fortress that formed the heart of the Mughal Empire, is a sensory overload. Everywhere you look something memorable is happening, whether it’s a line of men being shaved on the street by barbers, a family of baboons stealing fruit from one of the market stalls or a cow holding up three lanes of traffic”
The Taj Mahal is of course for many the pinnacle of any tour of India. This, one of the Seven Wonders of World built by King Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaj Mahal, is one of India’s most iconic buildings. Taken aback by the majestic beauty of this enchanting mausoleum, Main wrote, “I don’t care how many versions of the mausoleum you’ve seen in your local Indian restaurant, nothing can prepare you for the breathtaking majesty of the building itself. As you walk through the gateway and take in the vast white marble edifice it is truly awe-inspiring and achingly beautiful.”
With reports of a 25 per cent decline in the number of female travellers booking India holidays in recent months over fears of sexual assault, India’s tourism officials will no doubt be grateful to writers like Jill Main for reminding the world of all that India has to offer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Journey on the fantastic Gatimaan Express, India's first train of it's type that was launched in April 2016
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...