India's Golden Triangle Tour continues to earn rave reviews
Features editor for the UK's Sunday Mirror recently wrote a rave review about the India Golden Triangle Tour. Main's article captures in words the breathtaking beauty of some of India's most exotic sites. Recent cases of assaults to female holidaymakers have led to travel groups advising against travel to India but reviews like this will come a long way in repairing some of the damage that has been done to India's reputation as one of the must-see holiday destinations in the world.
Despite the current wave of negative press surrounding India’s tourism industry as it relates to safety, there is no denying that booking the famed Golden Triangle Tour provides a once in a lifetime opportunity for travellers to experience the key sites in one of the world’s most exotic and culturally rich destinations. A recent review written by the Sunday Mirror’s Features editor Jill Main put it best when she noted, “while it may be only a nine-hour flight away from Britain, India feels like nowhere else on Earth”.
The success of India’s tourism industry has been largely underpinned by the popularity of Golden Triangle Tour package holidays, Made up of trips to the capital city of Delhi, Agra- home of the famous Taj Mahal and Jaipur also known as the Pink city- a nickname earned thanks to the pink hue featured on many of the buildings, India’s Golden Triangle is the preferred route for many travellers.
Of her experience in Dehli, Main wrote, “Two words best describe the city as a whole, though: exotic and frenetic. Even a simple walk to look at the Red Fort, a huge palace-cum-fortress that formed the heart of the Mughal Empire, is a sensory overload. Everywhere you look something memorable is happening, whether it’s a line of men being shaved on the street by barbers, a family of baboons stealing fruit from one of the market stalls or a cow holding up three lanes of traffic”
The Taj Mahal is of course for many the pinnacle of any tour of India. This, one of the Seven Wonders of World built by King Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaj Mahal, is one of India’s most iconic buildings. Taken aback by the majestic beauty of this enchanting mausoleum, Main wrote, “I don’t care how many versions of the mausoleum you’ve seen in your local Indian restaurant, nothing can prepare you for the breathtaking majesty of the building itself. As you walk through the gateway and take in the vast white marble edifice it is truly awe-inspiring and achingly beautiful.”
With reports of a 25 per cent decline in the number of female travellers booking India holidays in recent months over fears of sexual assault, India’s tourism officials will no doubt be grateful to writers like Jill Main for reminding the world of all that India has to offer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Follow in the footsteps of the characters from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Film on This Amazing India Tour
Go on a holiday like no other on this stunning India tour visting various famous sights sure to live long in the memory
- You will visit the famous 'Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', Ravla Khempur was originally a tribal chieftain's palace but now it operates as an equestrian hotel in the village of Khempur
- During this tour you will have the services of an Englsih speaking local guide all transfers will be in air conditioned vehicles
- Take advantage of the various extras include on the tour such as an Elephant ride at Amber Fort, Bicycle Rickshaw in Old Delhi and a fabulous lunch at Castle Kanota
A magical 14 nights experience awaits for you with Glimpses of Kerala and Superior Golden Triangle tour
- Delight yourself in the culinary Indian adventure and enjoy the fabulous Kathakali dance performance
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned Large Car
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
This colourful tour gives you the chance to view the major cities of North India, experiencing the sights and sounds of...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...