Extra flights and holidays to the Caribbean available from Manchester in 2013
Manchester based airline Thomas Cook has recently announced that it will be offering Britons the opportunity to book Caribbean holidays from Manchester starting in the 2013 winter season. Travellers will be able to travel to two of the more popular Caribbean holiday destinations St Lucia and Antigua both via Barbados- another favorite sun, sea and sand holiday spot for many UK travellers.
Britons looking to book their 2013 sunny holidays to the Caribbean now have even more options available to them as Thomas Cook Airlines announce that they will be operating flights to Caribbean holidays from Manchester. Thomas Cook will offer travellers flights to popular Caribbean holiday destinations- St Lucia and Antigua with both routes flying via Barbados from 10th November 2013 and 29th December 2013 respectively.
The Manchester based airline will be the first to challenge London's stranglehold on outgoing flights to the Caribbean region.
"It's fantastic news that we're able to offer UK travellers seat-only and holidays from Manchester to some of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean, initially for the coming winter season. With the recent reduction in connections from Manchester to Gatwick limiting the travel options for those from the Midlands, the North and Scotland to connect with Caribbean flights from London, we're pleased to be able to offer more flexibility and choice for our customers, competing with the very best scheduled and charter carriers" noted Thomas Cook Group's head of air travel Christoph Debus.
While 20 per cent of seats will be blocked off for travellers booking packages and Caribbean holidays from Manchester, the remaining 80 per cent will available for those customers interested in the flight only option. The prices for a return flight are expected to start from as low as £464- ideal for those travellers planning a budget holiday to Barbados, Antigua or St Lucia.
With the UK a key source market for the Caribbean holiday industry, Thomas Cook's decision will certainly have been welcomed news as the region battles against a fall in visitors from the UK. Recently released statistics from the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) revealed a 12 per cent decline in UK visitors to the Caribbean since 2009 – a trend that the CTO may be able to reverse with the competitive prices and improved flexibility that Thomas Cook is now offering Britons.
The steep increases in the UK's Air Passenger Duty (APD) have made the cost of travel to the Caribbean islands more expensive than many travellers can afford. The APD, which is calculated based on the distance between London and destination's capital city, means that a family of four travelling to the Caribbean would be faced with a staggering £322 in APD compared to £280 for a holiday in Hawaii who falls into a lower tax band despite the longer distance from the UK.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...