COMO Hotels and Resorts to open first ever Maldives hotel in Thaa Atoll
COMO Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be opening the first ever hotel in Thaa Atoll in the Maldives. Maalifushi by COMO will open its doors to tourists taking Maldives holidays in October, 2013 and the resort will be located on an eight-acre private island surrounded by white sand beaches and turquoise ocean waters.
A brand new luxury resort will be opening in the Maldives after COMO Hotels and Resorts announced the launch of the first ever property in the Thaa Atoll.
Maalifushi by COMO is scheduled to open for Maldives holidays in October, 2013 and it will be located in a unique location – on an eight-acre private island.
This will be the second Maldives hotel to be added to COMO's portfolio. It has been operating Cocoa Island by COMO in the South Male atoll since 2002.
In the Maldives, tourists will be able to enjoy idyllic surroundings comprising white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and crystal clear turquoise lagoons. Guests will also be able to access another island owned by the resort where they can relax with picnics and romantic private dining.
Maalifushi by COMO has 66 guest rooms and suites with private pools. The Maldives hotel's interiors have been designed by Koichiro Ikebuchi and they "bear the hallmarks of COMO's signature, pared-back style, with locally sourced materials, natural light and open vistas taking centre stage".
Visitors can savour delicious cuisine throughout their holidays to the Maldives in the resort's Japanese and Maldivian restaurants. The COMO Shambhala Retreat Spa is perfect for energising treatments and has eight overwater treatment rooms, a yoga pavilion and a gym. The on-island dive centre and guided diving excursions will allow guests to explore the vibrant underwater world that surrounds the island.
COMO Hotels and Resorts manages a collection of luxury hotels across the world including The Halkin by COMO in London; two Metropolitan by COMO hotels in London and Bangkok; Parrot Cay by COMO in Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean; Cocoa Island by COMO in the Maldives; and three Uma by COMO experience resorts in Bali and Bhutan.
Located in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
The island nation is a hotspot for luxury holidays, romantic honeymoons and relaxing breaks and holidaymakers can take part in a range of activities including scuba diving and snorkelling, boat excursions, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...