COMO Hotels and Resorts to open first ever Maldives hotel in Thaa Atoll
COMO Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be opening the first ever hotel in Thaa Atoll in the Maldives. Maalifushi by COMO will open its doors to tourists taking Maldives holidays in October, 2013 and the resort will be located on an eight-acre private island surrounded by white sand beaches and turquoise ocean waters.
A brand new luxury resort will be opening in the Maldives after COMO Hotels and Resorts announced the launch of the first ever property in the Thaa Atoll.
Maalifushi by COMO is scheduled to open for Maldives holidays in October, 2013 and it will be located in a unique location – on an eight-acre private island.
This will be the second Maldives hotel to be added to COMO's portfolio. It has been operating Cocoa Island by COMO in the South Male atoll since 2002.
In the Maldives, tourists will be able to enjoy idyllic surroundings comprising white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and crystal clear turquoise lagoons. Guests will also be able to access another island owned by the resort where they can relax with picnics and romantic private dining.
Maalifushi by COMO has 66 guest rooms and suites with private pools. The Maldives hotel's interiors have been designed by Koichiro Ikebuchi and they "bear the hallmarks of COMO's signature, pared-back style, with locally sourced materials, natural light and open vistas taking centre stage".
Visitors can savour delicious cuisine throughout their holidays to the Maldives in the resort's Japanese and Maldivian restaurants. The COMO Shambhala Retreat Spa is perfect for energising treatments and has eight overwater treatment rooms, a yoga pavilion and a gym. The on-island dive centre and guided diving excursions will allow guests to explore the vibrant underwater world that surrounds the island.
COMO Hotels and Resorts manages a collection of luxury hotels across the world including The Halkin by COMO in London; two Metropolitan by COMO hotels in London and Bangkok; Parrot Cay by COMO in Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean; Cocoa Island by COMO in the Maldives; and three Uma by COMO experience resorts in Bali and Bhutan.
Located in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
The island nation is a hotspot for luxury holidays, romantic honeymoons and relaxing breaks and holidaymakers can take part in a range of activities including scuba diving and snorkelling, boat excursions, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on a secluded private island of Dhuni Kolhu, the hotel is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...