COMO Hotels and Resorts to open first ever Maldives hotel in Thaa Atoll
COMO Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be opening the first ever hotel in Thaa Atoll in the Maldives. Maalifushi by COMO will open its doors to tourists taking Maldives holidays in October, 2013 and the resort will be located on an eight-acre private island surrounded by white sand beaches and turquoise ocean waters.
A brand new luxury resort will be opening in the Maldives after COMO Hotels and Resorts announced the launch of the first ever property in the Thaa Atoll.
Maalifushi by COMO is scheduled to open for Maldives holidays in October, 2013 and it will be located in a unique location – on an eight-acre private island.
This will be the second Maldives hotel to be added to COMO's portfolio. It has been operating Cocoa Island by COMO in the South Male atoll since 2002.
In the Maldives, tourists will be able to enjoy idyllic surroundings comprising white sandy beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and crystal clear turquoise lagoons. Guests will also be able to access another island owned by the resort where they can relax with picnics and romantic private dining.
Maalifushi by COMO has 66 guest rooms and suites with private pools. The Maldives hotel's interiors have been designed by Koichiro Ikebuchi and they "bear the hallmarks of COMO's signature, pared-back style, with locally sourced materials, natural light and open vistas taking centre stage".
Visitors can savour delicious cuisine throughout their holidays to the Maldives in the resort's Japanese and Maldivian restaurants. The COMO Shambhala Retreat Spa is perfect for energising treatments and has eight overwater treatment rooms, a yoga pavilion and a gym. The on-island dive centre and guided diving excursions will allow guests to explore the vibrant underwater world that surrounds the island.
COMO Hotels and Resorts manages a collection of luxury hotels across the world including The Halkin by COMO in London; two Metropolitan by COMO hotels in London and Bangkok; Parrot Cay by COMO in Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean; Cocoa Island by COMO in the Maldives; and three Uma by COMO experience resorts in Bali and Bhutan.
Located in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
The island nation is a hotspot for luxury holidays, romantic honeymoons and relaxing breaks and holidaymakers can take part in a range of activities including scuba diving and snorkelling, boat excursions, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...