Beyonce and Jay-Z selected Havana for their Fifth Wedding Anniversary
World famous pop star Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z paid a visit to Havana in Cuba last week to spend their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island. The couple were seen dining in authentic Cuba restaurants with both of their mothers, and they took a tour of colonial Old Havana while eager fans crowded to see them.
Pop superstar Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z spent their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island of Cuba last week. The celebrity couple paid a visit to Havana, the island's capital, where they dined in traditional restaurants and toured the city.
The couple sampled local Cuban cuisine at the famous restaurant, La Guarida, on Wednesday evening, along with both of their mothers who accompanied them on their journey. They ate a typical Cuban Creole dish with fish, chicken, rice and black beans.
Beyonce then took a tour of the restaurant which was used to film the movies "Strawberry and Chocolate", and looked at the pictures of celebrity diners from the past including Danny Glover, Will Smith, Jodie Foster and Jack Nicholson.
Waitress Silvia Fernandez said that a huge crowd had formed outside below and the RnB singer went out to the balcony to wave to her fans.
"She was beautiful, without a drop of makeup, very natural," Fernandez commented. "What happened with the people was incredible."
On Thursday, the pair spent their wedding anniversary touring colonial Old Havana which is a hotspot for tourists enjoying Cuba holidays. Surrounded by adoring fans and bodyguards, Beyonce posed for pictures with local schoolchildren while Jay-Z tried out a local Cuban cigar. During their visit to Cuba, they dined at another restaurant which features a rooftop terrace and stunning views of the harbour.
In 2011, US President Obama eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for U.S travellers who are visiting the island for professional, cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes.
Since the change in law, the communist island has received an influx of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba thanks to its close proximity to the United States and the country is a hotspot for celebrities.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea, located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to breathtaking landscapes such as white and golden sand beaches, thriving national parks, and the world's second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...