Beyonce and Jay-Z selected Havana for their Fifth Wedding Anniversary
World famous pop star Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z paid a visit to Havana in Cuba last week to spend their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island. The couple were seen dining in authentic Cuba restaurants with both of their mothers, and they took a tour of colonial Old Havana while eager fans crowded to see them.
Pop superstar Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z spent their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island of Cuba last week. The celebrity couple paid a visit to Havana, the island's capital, where they dined in traditional restaurants and toured the city.
The couple sampled local Cuban cuisine at the famous restaurant, La Guarida, on Wednesday evening, along with both of their mothers who accompanied them on their journey. They ate a typical Cuban Creole dish with fish, chicken, rice and black beans.
Beyonce then took a tour of the restaurant which was used to film the movies "Strawberry and Chocolate", and looked at the pictures of celebrity diners from the past including Danny Glover, Will Smith, Jodie Foster and Jack Nicholson.
Waitress Silvia Fernandez said that a huge crowd had formed outside below and the RnB singer went out to the balcony to wave to her fans.
"She was beautiful, without a drop of makeup, very natural," Fernandez commented. "What happened with the people was incredible."
On Thursday, the pair spent their wedding anniversary touring colonial Old Havana which is a hotspot for tourists enjoying Cuba holidays. Surrounded by adoring fans and bodyguards, Beyonce posed for pictures with local schoolchildren while Jay-Z tried out a local Cuban cigar. During their visit to Cuba, they dined at another restaurant which features a rooftop terrace and stunning views of the harbour.
In 2011, US President Obama eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for U.S travellers who are visiting the island for professional, cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes.
Since the change in law, the communist island has received an influx of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba thanks to its close proximity to the United States and the country is a hotspot for celebrities.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea, located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to breathtaking landscapes such as white and golden sand beaches, thriving national parks, and the world's second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...