Beyonce and Jay-Z selected Havana for their Fifth Wedding Anniversary
World famous pop star Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z paid a visit to Havana in Cuba last week to spend their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island. The couple were seen dining in authentic Cuba restaurants with both of their mothers, and they took a tour of colonial Old Havana while eager fans crowded to see them.
Pop superstar Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z spent their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island of Cuba last week. The celebrity couple paid a visit to Havana, the island's capital, where they dined in traditional restaurants and toured the city.
The couple sampled local Cuban cuisine at the famous restaurant, La Guarida, on Wednesday evening, along with both of their mothers who accompanied them on their journey. They ate a typical Cuban Creole dish with fish, chicken, rice and black beans.
Beyonce then took a tour of the restaurant which was used to film the movies "Strawberry and Chocolate", and looked at the pictures of celebrity diners from the past including Danny Glover, Will Smith, Jodie Foster and Jack Nicholson.
Waitress Silvia Fernandez said that a huge crowd had formed outside below and the RnB singer went out to the balcony to wave to her fans.
"She was beautiful, without a drop of makeup, very natural," Fernandez commented. "What happened with the people was incredible."
On Thursday, the pair spent their wedding anniversary touring colonial Old Havana which is a hotspot for tourists enjoying Cuba holidays. Surrounded by adoring fans and bodyguards, Beyonce posed for pictures with local schoolchildren while Jay-Z tried out a local Cuban cigar. During their visit to Cuba, they dined at another restaurant which features a rooftop terrace and stunning views of the harbour.
In 2011, US President Obama eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for U.S travellers who are visiting the island for professional, cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes.
Since the change in law, the communist island has received an influx of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba thanks to its close proximity to the United States and the country is a hotspot for celebrities.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea, located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to breathtaking landscapes such as white and golden sand beaches, thriving national parks, and the world's second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...