Beyonce and Jay-Z selected Havana for their Fifth Wedding Anniversary
World famous pop star Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z paid a visit to Havana in Cuba last week to spend their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island. The couple were seen dining in authentic Cuba restaurants with both of their mothers, and they took a tour of colonial Old Havana while eager fans crowded to see them.
Pop superstar Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z spent their fifth wedding anniversary on the Caribbean island of Cuba last week. The celebrity couple paid a visit to Havana, the island's capital, where they dined in traditional restaurants and toured the city.
The couple sampled local Cuban cuisine at the famous restaurant, La Guarida, on Wednesday evening, along with both of their mothers who accompanied them on their journey. They ate a typical Cuban Creole dish with fish, chicken, rice and black beans.
Beyonce then took a tour of the restaurant which was used to film the movies "Strawberry and Chocolate", and looked at the pictures of celebrity diners from the past including Danny Glover, Will Smith, Jodie Foster and Jack Nicholson.
Waitress Silvia Fernandez said that a huge crowd had formed outside below and the RnB singer went out to the balcony to wave to her fans.
"She was beautiful, without a drop of makeup, very natural," Fernandez commented. "What happened with the people was incredible."
On Thursday, the pair spent their wedding anniversary touring colonial Old Havana which is a hotspot for tourists enjoying Cuba holidays. Surrounded by adoring fans and bodyguards, Beyonce posed for pictures with local schoolchildren while Jay-Z tried out a local Cuban cigar. During their visit to Cuba, they dined at another restaurant which features a rooftop terrace and stunning views of the harbour.
In 2011, US President Obama eased restrictions on travel to Cuba for U.S travellers who are visiting the island for professional, cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes.
Since the change in law, the communist island has received an influx of American travellers taking holidays in Cuba thanks to its close proximity to the United States and the country is a hotspot for celebrities.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea, located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It is rich in culture, heritage and history and is home to breathtaking landscapes such as white and golden sand beaches, thriving national parks, and the world's second largest barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...