Six Senses Hotels Resorts and Spas to open new-build Caribbean hotels
Six Senses Hotels, Resorts and Spas has announced that it will be building five new properties in five countries by 2016. The hotel group will make its debut into the Western Hemisphere and tourists will be able to enjoy Caribbean holidays in St, Lucia, the Dominican Republic and Colombia. The opening of Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain in China is scheduled for the end of 2013.
Six Senses Resorts, Hotels and Spas has announced that it will be building five new properties in the Caribbean, Bhutan, and China by 2016.
The hotel brand will be making its debut in the Western Hemisphere and tourists will be able to enjoy luxurious Caribbean holidays in St Lucia, the Dominican Republic and Colombia. The company will be also launching its first hotel in Bhutan, while the opening of Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain, China is scheduled for the end of 2013.
The hotel brand's plans for growth have come into effect after Wolf Hengst, the new Executive Chairman, and Neil Jacobs, Chief Executive, joined the leadership team.
"Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas is positioned for exciting growth into new markets, reaching new audiences and creating new experiences for our guests," explained Jacobs.
"There is a strong and organic emphasis at Six Senses to our commitment to sustainability.
He concluded: "It is part of the brand DNA and influences aspects of the business ranging from materials used in daily operations to how we engage with the local community."
The Six Senses brand focuses on individual balance which is portrayed through its six-sphere pyramid graph that represents the five human senses, and the top sphere represents the innate sixth sense.
The company currently operates a handful of luxurious Six Senses-branded hotels in destinations such as Vietnam, Thailand, the Maldives, and Oman. There are also numerous Six Senses Spas available at other hotels in the Caribbean, Sri Lanka, London, Portugal, Switzerland, Thailand, Abu Dhabi, Spain, and Turkey, where tourists can indulge in signature treatments and services.
The two new-build properties that will provide tourists with pampering Dominican Republic and St Lucia holidays are scheduled to be completed by 2016. Six Senses is also introducing a new visual identity which will include the launch of a new website this month.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Wander the vibrant streets of Bangkok with a stay in the heart of the Thai capital at the Rembrandt Hotel and Towers...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...