Six Senses Hotels Resorts and Spas to open new-build Caribbean hotels
Six Senses Hotels, Resorts and Spas has announced that it will be building five new properties in five countries by 2016. The hotel group will make its debut into the Western Hemisphere and tourists will be able to enjoy Caribbean holidays in St, Lucia, the Dominican Republic and Colombia. The opening of Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain in China is scheduled for the end of 2013.
Six Senses Resorts, Hotels and Spas has announced that it will be building five new properties in the Caribbean, Bhutan, and China by 2016.
The hotel brand will be making its debut in the Western Hemisphere and tourists will be able to enjoy luxurious Caribbean holidays in St Lucia, the Dominican Republic and Colombia. The company will be also launching its first hotel in Bhutan, while the opening of Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain, China is scheduled for the end of 2013.
The hotel brand's plans for growth have come into effect after Wolf Hengst, the new Executive Chairman, and Neil Jacobs, Chief Executive, joined the leadership team.
"Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas is positioned for exciting growth into new markets, reaching new audiences and creating new experiences for our guests," explained Jacobs.
"There is a strong and organic emphasis at Six Senses to our commitment to sustainability.
He concluded: "It is part of the brand DNA and influences aspects of the business ranging from materials used in daily operations to how we engage with the local community."
The Six Senses brand focuses on individual balance which is portrayed through its six-sphere pyramid graph that represents the five human senses, and the top sphere represents the innate sixth sense.
The company currently operates a handful of luxurious Six Senses-branded hotels in destinations such as Vietnam, Thailand, the Maldives, and Oman. There are also numerous Six Senses Spas available at other hotels in the Caribbean, Sri Lanka, London, Portugal, Switzerland, Thailand, Abu Dhabi, Spain, and Turkey, where tourists can indulge in signature treatments and services.
The two new-build properties that will provide tourists with pampering Dominican Republic and St Lucia holidays are scheduled to be completed by 2016. Six Senses is also introducing a new visual identity which will include the launch of a new website this month.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...