Garden Route in South Africa one of the top 5 World's Most Romantic Road Trips
One of the UK's leading car hire comparison sites has listed the Garden Route tour in South Africa as one of the top five most romantic road trips in the world. Comparecarehire.co.uk named Bollenstreek Route in the Netherlands, Bavaria's 'Romantic Road' in Germany, Australia's Great Ocean Road, and California's Highway 1 in the USA among the top five.
The Garden Route in South Africa has been named among the top five most romantic road trips in the world by one of the UK's leading car hire comparison sites.
Compare Car Hire listed South Africa's Garden Route tour along with Bollenstreek Route in the Netherlands, Bavaria's ‘Romantic Road' in Germany, Australia's Great Ocean Road, and California's Highway 1 in the USA.
Speaking before Valentine's Day last month, Andy Hemmington from Compare Car Hire, explained: "Each year, we see a surge in bookings for Valentine's Day, with many couples looking for somewhere unusual and special to explore together.
"Whether hiring a car or using your own, road trips are a fantastic alternative for Valentine's Day, giving people the freedom to explore new scenery and visit attractions at their own pace, creating the perfect Valentine's getaway."
The Garden Route tour in South Africa can be enjoyed throughout the year and while travelling along the route from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town, couples can admire views of undulating verdant vineyards, quiet sandy beaches, rocky headlands, and pine plantations.
The route is one of the most popular South Africa tours and nature lovers will be in for a treat as there are plenty of national parks and whale-watching opportunities along the way in destinations like Plettenberg Bay. Some of the highlights of the trip include Nature's Valley, Mossel Bay, Knysna, the historic town of George, and the thriving Tsitsikamma National Park.
In South Africa, tourists can enjoy a wide range of activities as they make their way along the Garden Route, such as rock climbing, kloofing, kayaking, trekking, abseiling, hiking, camping, and quad tours.
There are plenty of South Africa hotels to stay at during a road trip along Garden Route and as well as admiring the breathtaking scenery, holidaymakers can stop off at various points and enjoy a selection of traditional and international cuisine, interesting attractions and sights, and exciting activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Explore the peaceful waterways of the V&A Waterfront Marina on a getaway in Cape Town.
- The comfortable apartments - The apartments are comfortable and filled with all the amenities you could wish for
- The V&A Waterfront Marina location – Being surrounded by good views , shops and restaurants this location serves as the perfect spot within which to get in the holiday spirit
- The self-catering facilities- Enjoy the added flexibility this brings
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Combine two fascinating countries in one, with South Africa and Dubai as your perfect choice
- Spend a morning with the Big Five in the Kruger National Park
- Enjoy some ice skating in Dubai, even in summer!
- Gasp at the glory of God's Window, with a boundless view of mountains and fertile plains
Benifit from two countries in one amazing package, with this amazing offer
- Try some ice skating in Dubai, at the Hyatt Regency
- Explore the Tsitsikamma section of the Garden Route National Park
- Capture the sights of the 'Big Five' in Kruger national park
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Overview Cape Town is the “Mother City”, South Africa’s oldest city, and one of the world’s...
From the moment we depart the Friendly City of Port Elizabeth, youll see and feel the changing landscapeand why we call...