Garden Route in South Africa one of the top 5 World's Most Romantic Road Trips
One of the UK's leading car hire comparison sites has listed the Garden Route tour in South Africa as one of the top five most romantic road trips in the world. Comparecarehire.co.uk named Bollenstreek Route in the Netherlands, Bavaria's 'Romantic Road' in Germany, Australia's Great Ocean Road, and California's Highway 1 in the USA among the top five.
The Garden Route in South Africa has been named among the top five most romantic road trips in the world by one of the UK's leading car hire comparison sites.
Compare Car Hire listed South Africa's Garden Route tour along with Bollenstreek Route in the Netherlands, Bavaria's ‘Romantic Road' in Germany, Australia's Great Ocean Road, and California's Highway 1 in the USA.
Speaking before Valentine's Day last month, Andy Hemmington from Compare Car Hire, explained: "Each year, we see a surge in bookings for Valentine's Day, with many couples looking for somewhere unusual and special to explore together.
"Whether hiring a car or using your own, road trips are a fantastic alternative for Valentine's Day, giving people the freedom to explore new scenery and visit attractions at their own pace, creating the perfect Valentine's getaway."
The Garden Route tour in South Africa can be enjoyed throughout the year and while travelling along the route from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town, couples can admire views of undulating verdant vineyards, quiet sandy beaches, rocky headlands, and pine plantations.
The route is one of the most popular South Africa tours and nature lovers will be in for a treat as there are plenty of national parks and whale-watching opportunities along the way in destinations like Plettenberg Bay. Some of the highlights of the trip include Nature's Valley, Mossel Bay, Knysna, the historic town of George, and the thriving Tsitsikamma National Park.
In South Africa, tourists can enjoy a wide range of activities as they make their way along the Garden Route, such as rock climbing, kloofing, kayaking, trekking, abseiling, hiking, camping, and quad tours.
There are plenty of South Africa hotels to stay at during a road trip along Garden Route and as well as admiring the breathtaking scenery, holidaymakers can stop off at various points and enjoy a selection of traditional and international cuisine, interesting attractions and sights, and exciting activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
From the amazing Blyde River Canyon to the iconic table Mountain, this tour has it all!
- Explore the underground Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn
- Visit a real Chief's village in Swaziland
- Go in search of Africa's 'Big Five' in Kruger National Park
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...