Boutique Costa Rica resort, Hotel Makanda, receives TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award
Hotel Makanda by the Sea has been honoured with a coveted 2013 TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award in the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America category. The boutique hotel in Costa Rica has been recognised for its high standards of accommodation, service and romantic offerings, after previous guests posted their rave reviews on the TripAdvisor website.
Just very recently the Hotel Makanda by the Sea has been recognised as one of the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America after it received a coveted 2013 TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award.
The boutique hotel in Costa Rica received the award after former guests wrote positive reviews on the leading travel website, TripAdvisor.com. The property's high standards of accommodation, service and romantic offerings were honoured and recognised in the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America category.
"We have an ongoing hotel staff training program, as well as adding a strict sustainable tourism policy and launching numerous community projects and recycle initiatives, which have gone above and beyond maintaining our romantic and exclusive hotel ambiance," explained Kimberly Barron, the Director of Marketing at Hotel Makanda.
"Makanda is very proud that our guests have recognized our extensive efforts and have taken the time to post their positive reviews."
To qualify for a TripAdvisor award, properties must receive an average four or higher out of five stars when travellers vote in specific categories over a 12-month period.
"We strive to offer our customers a memorable travel experience at an affordable price, and this prestigious accolade is evidence that our hard work is translating into positive recognition by our valued guests." Ms. Barron added.
Makanda by the Sea is situated within 12 acres of thriving wildlife sanctuary and it provides a tranquil retreat for tourists taking Costa Rica holidays. The luxurious adults-only property stands out from other Costa Rica hotels with its rainforest gardens that overlook the 60-mile coastline and provide a romantic setting for honeymoons or weddings.
In Costa Rica, couples can enjoy romantic sunsets, gourmet cuisine, high end service, and access to the nearby tropical Manuel Antonio Park and white sand beaches.
"TripAdvisor is once again thrilled to recognise the world's most outstanding hotels with the help of more than 75 million reviews and opinions from travellers around the globe," commented Christine Petersen, the President of TripAdvisor for Business.
"From the best bargain hotels to top luxury properties, outstanding service, value and quality are the hallmarks of our Travellers' Choice winners."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...