Boutique Costa Rica resort, Hotel Makanda, receives TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award
Hotel Makanda by the Sea has been honoured with a coveted 2013 TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award in the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America category. The boutique hotel in Costa Rica has been recognised for its high standards of accommodation, service and romantic offerings, after previous guests posted their rave reviews on the TripAdvisor website.
Just very recently the Hotel Makanda by the Sea has been recognised as one of the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America after it received a coveted 2013 TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award.
The boutique hotel in Costa Rica received the award after former guests wrote positive reviews on the leading travel website, TripAdvisor.com. The property's high standards of accommodation, service and romantic offerings were honoured and recognised in the Top Romantic Hotels in Central America category.
"We have an ongoing hotel staff training program, as well as adding a strict sustainable tourism policy and launching numerous community projects and recycle initiatives, which have gone above and beyond maintaining our romantic and exclusive hotel ambiance," explained Kimberly Barron, the Director of Marketing at Hotel Makanda.
"Makanda is very proud that our guests have recognized our extensive efforts and have taken the time to post their positive reviews."
To qualify for a TripAdvisor award, properties must receive an average four or higher out of five stars when travellers vote in specific categories over a 12-month period.
"We strive to offer our customers a memorable travel experience at an affordable price, and this prestigious accolade is evidence that our hard work is translating into positive recognition by our valued guests." Ms. Barron added.
Makanda by the Sea is situated within 12 acres of thriving wildlife sanctuary and it provides a tranquil retreat for tourists taking Costa Rica holidays. The luxurious adults-only property stands out from other Costa Rica hotels with its rainforest gardens that overlook the 60-mile coastline and provide a romantic setting for honeymoons or weddings.
In Costa Rica, couples can enjoy romantic sunsets, gourmet cuisine, high end service, and access to the nearby tropical Manuel Antonio Park and white sand beaches.
"TripAdvisor is once again thrilled to recognise the world's most outstanding hotels with the help of more than 75 million reviews and opinions from travellers around the globe," commented Christine Petersen, the President of TripAdvisor for Business.
"From the best bargain hotels to top luxury properties, outstanding service, value and quality are the hallmarks of our Travellers' Choice winners."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...