Tours of India increasing in popularity
Industry insiders are all taking note of India as one of the top emerging holiday destinations. Tourism statistics are already encouraging and with plans for increased accessibility and popular movies like Life of Pi and Slumdog Millionaire firmly planting this destination into the minds of travellers, bookings for Golden Triangle Tours, which give travellers the opportunity to visit key attractions in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, are expected to increase steadily in the coming years.
Tourism industry experts are citing India as one of the top holiday destinations to watch in the coming years. Statistics are already indicating a growing number of travellers booking India holidays. Notably, India's 2011 foreign arrival growth was twice that of the global average in a year when many other destinations were struggling with the global economic downturn.
India's Ministry of Tourism (MoT), recently released the January 2013 foreign tourist arrival figures, which, according to an official spokesperson, indicated that, "In January 2012, the foreign tourist arrivals to India was 0.681 million and in January 2011 it stood at 0.623 million... There has been a growth of 2.6% in January 2013 over January 2012".
In addition to India's rich culture and breathtaking landscapes, improved accessibility is one factor which some believe has led to the upward trends seen in the country's tourism sector. Newly built highways are said to have led to an increase in the popularity of Golden Triangle Tours and with plans to have 500 airports operational by 2020, 15 of which have already been launched in 2012, travellers will soon be able to access some of India's more remote attractions with greater ease.
Punet Kashyap, managing director at Diethelm Travel Group noted the following in his assessment of India as a growing tourism hotspot, "India has long proven too expensive for the international MICE market, when compared with neighbouring destinations with existing products... However, with a proliferation of mid-tier hotels, urban decentralisation, infrastructure upgrades and the development of tier-two and -three cities, it is a growing segment, albeit currently fuelled by the domestic market".
Others have noted that the portrayal of the world's second most populous country in books and blockbuster movies have led to the growth in interest in tours of India. Books including Gregory David Roberts' Shantaram and Aravind Adiga's White Tiger and the success of recent movies including Slumdog Millionaire, Eat Pray Love and 2012's Life of Pi have all served to capture the imaginations of audiences around the world with many inspired to embark on Golden Triangle Tours which provide the unique opportunity to explore some of India's most popular attractions including the Taj Mahal.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy the highlights of Cochin, Periyar National Park and Alleppey which is on everyones must-visit list for Kerala
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Add on private tours from an extra Â£99 per person, Â£300Â off the Âusual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
- Add a 7-night Golden Triangle tour (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur) from Â£499 per person
- Add three nights at the beachfront Samudra hotel in Kovalam, with breakfast, from Â£170 more per person including transfers
- Enjoy various extras on the tour including Half day sightseeing of Cochin, Kathakali dance performance, boat ride on Lake Periya and Guided walk through a Spice plantation
- The Houseboat offers a floating holiday on the backwaters highway with Rainbow Cruises and is perhaps the most enchanting holiday experience in the world
- English speaking guide will be available throughout your once in a life-time trip
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Journey on the fastest train in India, the country's very own 'Bullet Train' that was launched in April 2016
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...