Air Europa to offer more flights to Cuba and the Dominican Republic
Air Europa has announced that it will significantly increase the number of flights to Cuba and the Dominican Republic as of 1st April 2013. The services will begin at Gatwick Airport with a brief connection in Madrid. The airline's new Latin America growth strategy is likely to pay off, as Cuban tourism officials announced than approximately three million travellers are expected to book Cuba holidays in 2013.
Air Europa is set to become the leading airline for two of the Caribbean's hottest destinations Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
The Spanish airline recently announced that it would be beefing up its Cuba flights with ten weekly flights to Havana via Madrid in addition to doubling flights to the Dominican Republic's Santo Domingo and increasing its flights to the popular Punta Cana district from four to seven weekly flights. The ramp up in services to both islands will begin from 1st April 2013, in time to replace Iberia who previously announced that as of April it would no longer operate routes to either of the two destinations.
The increase in flights will be welcomed news for those passengers based in the UK, as it has also been announced that these services will begin from Gatwick airport with a brief connection in Madrid. As a result of the UK's controversial air passenger duty, the cost of travel to key Caribbean destinations from the UK has steadily increased over the years much to the dismay of those travelers craving a sunny Caribbean escape. Air Europa's decision to increase the number of connections to the region is likely to stimulate more competitive pricing, offering travellers the opportunity to book affordable Dominican Republic and Cuba holidays.
Colin Stewart, UK general manager of Air Europa spoke of his airlines new Latin America strategy, "We are delighted to announce the increase of flights to two amazing destinations, Cuba and Dominican Republic...This is part of our growing strategy within the Latin American region, and another step forward to bring Latin America closer to UK travellers at competitive airfares while maintaining our excellence in service delivery"
The recent prediction of growth in the number of bookings for Cuba holidays in 2013 in in line with Air Europa's strategy. Cuba's tourism officials recently predicted that during the year 2013, approximately three million travellers would book holidays in Cuba. While a large proportion of these visitors to Cuba are expected to come from the US, notably the Cuban Ministry of tourism has also indicated that the UK is expected to be the largest European source market.
Air Europa's routes to both Cuba and the Dominican Republic will be serviced by Airbus 330-200 aircrafts capable of transporting up to 299 passengers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...