Air Europa to offer more flights to Cuba and the Dominican Republic
Air Europa has announced that it will significantly increase the number of flights to Cuba and the Dominican Republic as of 1st April 2013. The services will begin at Gatwick Airport with a brief connection in Madrid. The airline's new Latin America growth strategy is likely to pay off, as Cuban tourism officials announced than approximately three million travellers are expected to book Cuba holidays in 2013.
Air Europa is set to become the leading airline for two of the Caribbean's hottest destinations Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
The Spanish airline recently announced that it would be beefing up its Cuba flights with ten weekly flights to Havana via Madrid in addition to doubling flights to the Dominican Republic's Santo Domingo and increasing its flights to the popular Punta Cana district from four to seven weekly flights. The ramp up in services to both islands will begin from 1st April 2013, in time to replace Iberia who previously announced that as of April it would no longer operate routes to either of the two destinations.
The increase in flights will be welcomed news for those passengers based in the UK, as it has also been announced that these services will begin from Gatwick airport with a brief connection in Madrid. As a result of the UK's controversial air passenger duty, the cost of travel to key Caribbean destinations from the UK has steadily increased over the years much to the dismay of those travelers craving a sunny Caribbean escape. Air Europa's decision to increase the number of connections to the region is likely to stimulate more competitive pricing, offering travellers the opportunity to book affordable Dominican Republic and Cuba holidays.
Colin Stewart, UK general manager of Air Europa spoke of his airlines new Latin America strategy, "We are delighted to announce the increase of flights to two amazing destinations, Cuba and Dominican Republic...This is part of our growing strategy within the Latin American region, and another step forward to bring Latin America closer to UK travellers at competitive airfares while maintaining our excellence in service delivery"
The recent prediction of growth in the number of bookings for Cuba holidays in 2013 in in line with Air Europa's strategy. Cuba's tourism officials recently predicted that during the year 2013, approximately three million travellers would book holidays in Cuba. While a large proportion of these visitors to Cuba are expected to come from the US, notably the Cuban Ministry of tourism has also indicated that the UK is expected to be the largest European source market.
Air Europa's routes to both Cuba and the Dominican Republic will be serviced by Airbus 330-200 aircrafts capable of transporting up to 299 passengers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...