Air Europa to offer more flights to Cuba and the Dominican Republic
Air Europa has announced that it will significantly increase the number of flights to Cuba and the Dominican Republic as of 1st April 2013. The services will begin at Gatwick Airport with a brief connection in Madrid. The airline's new Latin America growth strategy is likely to pay off, as Cuban tourism officials announced than approximately three million travellers are expected to book Cuba holidays in 2013.
Air Europa is set to become the leading airline for two of the Caribbean's hottest destinations Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
The Spanish airline recently announced that it would be beefing up its Cuba flights with ten weekly flights to Havana via Madrid in addition to doubling flights to the Dominican Republic's Santo Domingo and increasing its flights to the popular Punta Cana district from four to seven weekly flights. The ramp up in services to both islands will begin from 1st April 2013, in time to replace Iberia who previously announced that as of April it would no longer operate routes to either of the two destinations.
The increase in flights will be welcomed news for those passengers based in the UK, as it has also been announced that these services will begin from Gatwick airport with a brief connection in Madrid. As a result of the UK's controversial air passenger duty, the cost of travel to key Caribbean destinations from the UK has steadily increased over the years much to the dismay of those travelers craving a sunny Caribbean escape. Air Europa's decision to increase the number of connections to the region is likely to stimulate more competitive pricing, offering travellers the opportunity to book affordable Dominican Republic and Cuba holidays.
Colin Stewart, UK general manager of Air Europa spoke of his airlines new Latin America strategy, "We are delighted to announce the increase of flights to two amazing destinations, Cuba and Dominican Republic...This is part of our growing strategy within the Latin American region, and another step forward to bring Latin America closer to UK travellers at competitive airfares while maintaining our excellence in service delivery"
The recent prediction of growth in the number of bookings for Cuba holidays in 2013 in in line with Air Europa's strategy. Cuba's tourism officials recently predicted that during the year 2013, approximately three million travellers would book holidays in Cuba. While a large proportion of these visitors to Cuba are expected to come from the US, notably the Cuban Ministry of tourism has also indicated that the UK is expected to be the largest European source market.
Air Europa's routes to both Cuba and the Dominican Republic will be serviced by Airbus 330-200 aircrafts capable of transporting up to 299 passengers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...