Air Europa to offer more flights to Cuba and the Dominican Republic
Air Europa has announced that it will significantly increase the number of flights to Cuba and the Dominican Republic as of 1st April 2013. The services will begin at Gatwick Airport with a brief connection in Madrid. The airline's new Latin America growth strategy is likely to pay off, as Cuban tourism officials announced than approximately three million travellers are expected to book Cuba holidays in 2013.
Air Europa is set to become the leading airline for two of the Caribbean's hottest destinations Cuba and the Dominican Republic.
The Spanish airline recently announced that it would be beefing up its Cuba flights with ten weekly flights to Havana via Madrid in addition to doubling flights to the Dominican Republic's Santo Domingo and increasing its flights to the popular Punta Cana district from four to seven weekly flights. The ramp up in services to both islands will begin from 1st April 2013, in time to replace Iberia who previously announced that as of April it would no longer operate routes to either of the two destinations.
The increase in flights will be welcomed news for those passengers based in the UK, as it has also been announced that these services will begin from Gatwick airport with a brief connection in Madrid. As a result of the UK's controversial air passenger duty, the cost of travel to key Caribbean destinations from the UK has steadily increased over the years much to the dismay of those travelers craving a sunny Caribbean escape. Air Europa's decision to increase the number of connections to the region is likely to stimulate more competitive pricing, offering travellers the opportunity to book affordable Dominican Republic and Cuba holidays.
Colin Stewart, UK general manager of Air Europa spoke of his airlines new Latin America strategy, "We are delighted to announce the increase of flights to two amazing destinations, Cuba and Dominican Republic...This is part of our growing strategy within the Latin American region, and another step forward to bring Latin America closer to UK travellers at competitive airfares while maintaining our excellence in service delivery"
The recent prediction of growth in the number of bookings for Cuba holidays in 2013 in in line with Air Europa's strategy. Cuba's tourism officials recently predicted that during the year 2013, approximately three million travellers would book holidays in Cuba. While a large proportion of these visitors to Cuba are expected to come from the US, notably the Cuban Ministry of tourism has also indicated that the UK is expected to be the largest European source market.
Air Europa's routes to both Cuba and the Dominican Republic will be serviced by Airbus 330-200 aircrafts capable of transporting up to 299 passengers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...