Barbados Tourism Minister expects increase in Barbados holiday bookings during 2012-2013 Winter Season
The Barbados Tourism Minister Richard Sealy has stated that the island's winter tourist season will be an improvement compared to 2011 due a steady schedule of flights and a number of "encouraging developments" that came as a result of the recent World Travel Market in London. More tourists are expected to set off on their Barbados holidays over the next few months thanks to several weekly routes from British Airways and Virgin Atlantic.
Richard Sealy, the Tourism Minster of Barbados has announced that he is expecting this winter’s tourist season to be “an improvement on where it was last year”.
The minster stated that there is a steady schedule of flights available this winter despite the repositioning of the airline BMI and tour operators such as TUI and Tropical Sky have reported “favourable numbers” for tourists booking Barbados holidays over the 2012/2013 winter season.
“Our flights are intact,” Mr Sealy explained. “We will have 10 flights from British Airways during the winter season, up from seven.”
Virgin Atlantic will also be offering nine Caribbean flights to Barbados every week over the winter months.
“That is also very encouraging, considering both of those carriers have been reducing capacity into the Caribbean,” he added. The Tourism Ministry is currently working to expand the existing number of flights to the Caribbean island make it easier for British holidaymakers to book tropical holidays in Barbados.
The majority of tourists visiting Barbados originate from the United Kingdom and the government is continuing its efforts to explore more options with airlines, including plans to introduce a flight between Glasgow or Belfast and Barbados for the winter 2013 season.
Barbados is an island nation situated in the North Atlantic Ocean, north east of Venezuela, and it is a favourite for celebrities including Simon Cowell, Cliff Richards, and Michael Winner who all have luxury homes on the island.
A brand new modern cruise facility is currently being constructed on the island and once completed it will feature separate cruise and cargo activities and become a hub for cruise tourism.
The beautiful Caribbean island boasts a wide selection of luxurious beachfront Barbados hotels, pristine white sugar-soft beaches, lush golf courses, gourmet restaurants and lively bars and nightclubs.
During holidays to Barbados, tourists can hike through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary and the Farley Hill National Park; enjoy retail therapy in stylish boutiques and traditional street markets; visit the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown; or scuba dive and snorkel in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters where colourful coral reefs are home to an abundance of colourful and diverse marine creatures such as turtles, dolphins, lobsters, sea horses and tropical fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Exclusive last minute DOUBLE FREE room upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Suite as seen on Secret Escapes
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...