Melia announces new Paradisus Resort to open in time for festive Cancun holidays this December
Melia Hotels International has announced that it will be opening a brand new luxury resort fro Cancun holidays. The Gran Melia Cancun will be transformed into a Paradisus-branded resort and is scheduled to open to guests in December, 2012 with 678 suites and upscale facilities including a golf course and tranquil spa.
The Spanish hotel group Meliá Hotels International has announced that it will be opening a new hotel in Cancun, Mexico on 1st December, 2012.
The former Gran Melia Cancun will be transformed into a Paradisus-branded resort and will offer 678 luxurious suites and a collection of upscale facilities for tourists planning Cancun holidays.
Paradisus Resorts is an all-inclusive luxury resort brand which is owned and operated by Melia Hotels International.
Located just 20 minutes away from downtown Cancun, the hotel has a range of elegant accommodation including 97 family Concierge Suites and 137 Royal Service Suites.
“Our guests had been asking for comprehensive all-inclusive options and higher-end family focused and adults-only amenities, and it was evident that the Cancun area was missing a true luxury all-inclusive Cancun resort experience,” explained Andre Gerondeau, the Executive Vice President at Melia Hotels International. “We knew we had to bring the brand to the area in order to offer a distinct experience that would set the property apart from the rest of the marketplace.”
When spending all inclusive holidays to Cancun, holidaymakers can head to the Yhi Spa and indulge in pampering treatments in outdoor and indoor treatment rooms. The spa has hydrotherapy aromatic baths, steam rooms, saunas and treatments including massages, radiance scrubs, wraps, masks and aromatherapy. The Yhi Wellness centre offers a fitness area with spinning, yoga and Tai Chi lessons, and YHI Moves has fitness, personal training and wellness activities.
The Cancun hotel’s facilities include six gourmet restaurants and five stylish bars including Tempo by Martin Berasategui, a restaurant created by Michelin Star chef Martin Berasategui.
Tourists can enjoy swim-up bars in four refreshing swimming pools and games of golf on the nine-hole par-three golf course.
As well as providing a tropical retreat for holidays in Cancun, the Paradisus resort also offers facilities for business travellers including 10,000square-feet of meeting and conventions space.
Cancun has been welcoming even more visitors this year as intrigued tourists visit the region to find out more about the apocalyptic prophecies that predict the world will end on 21st December, 2012.
Over the past few months, the region has been promoting its culinary delights, ancient sites and archaeological ruins, and breathtaking scuba diving opportunities. Travellers can head to the modern-day pyramid in the town of Zama to honour the ancient Mayans by placing a dream, wish, or message on a piece of paper and putting it inside a recyclable plastic water bottle. The bottles are being used as the building blocks of the pyramid.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...