Melia announces new Paradisus Resort to open in time for festive Cancun holidays this December
Melia Hotels International has announced that it will be opening a brand new luxury resort fro Cancun holidays. The Gran Melia Cancun will be transformed into a Paradisus-branded resort and is scheduled to open to guests in December, 2012 with 678 suites and upscale facilities including a golf course and tranquil spa.
The Spanish hotel group Meliá Hotels International has announced that it will be opening a new hotel in Cancun, Mexico on 1st December, 2012.
The former Gran Melia Cancun will be transformed into a Paradisus-branded resort and will offer 678 luxurious suites and a collection of upscale facilities for tourists planning Cancun holidays.
Paradisus Resorts is an all-inclusive luxury resort brand which is owned and operated by Melia Hotels International.
Located just 20 minutes away from downtown Cancun, the hotel has a range of elegant accommodation including 97 family Concierge Suites and 137 Royal Service Suites.
“Our guests had been asking for comprehensive all-inclusive options and higher-end family focused and adults-only amenities, and it was evident that the Cancun area was missing a true luxury all-inclusive Cancun resort experience,” explained Andre Gerondeau, the Executive Vice President at Melia Hotels International. “We knew we had to bring the brand to the area in order to offer a distinct experience that would set the property apart from the rest of the marketplace.”
When spending all inclusive holidays to Cancun, holidaymakers can head to the Yhi Spa and indulge in pampering treatments in outdoor and indoor treatment rooms. The spa has hydrotherapy aromatic baths, steam rooms, saunas and treatments including massages, radiance scrubs, wraps, masks and aromatherapy. The Yhi Wellness centre offers a fitness area with spinning, yoga and Tai Chi lessons, and YHI Moves has fitness, personal training and wellness activities.
The Cancun hotel’s facilities include six gourmet restaurants and five stylish bars including Tempo by Martin Berasategui, a restaurant created by Michelin Star chef Martin Berasategui.
Tourists can enjoy swim-up bars in four refreshing swimming pools and games of golf on the nine-hole par-three golf course.
As well as providing a tropical retreat for holidays in Cancun, the Paradisus resort also offers facilities for business travellers including 10,000square-feet of meeting and conventions space.
Cancun has been welcoming even more visitors this year as intrigued tourists visit the region to find out more about the apocalyptic prophecies that predict the world will end on 21st December, 2012.
Over the past few months, the region has been promoting its culinary delights, ancient sites and archaeological ruins, and breathtaking scuba diving opportunities. Travellers can head to the modern-day pyramid in the town of Zama to honour the ancient Mayans by placing a dream, wish, or message on a piece of paper and putting it inside a recyclable plastic water bottle. The bottles are being used as the building blocks of the pyramid.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...