Rihanna debuts new photos ahead of ad campaign promoting Barbados holidays
Popstar Rihanna has unveiled her new tourism ad campaign aimed at encouraging people to book Barbados holidays this winter. Last year, the 24-year-old Bajan singer signed a three-year contract with the Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) to be the face of the campaign and she has unveiled some sexy pictures ahead of the campaign launch.
After spending the summer shooting the ad for the new campaign for Barbados Tourism, popstar sensation Rihanna has revealed some of the images that will be used in the campaign this winter.
The 24-year-old singer who is originally from the Caribbean island signed a three-year contract last year with the Barbados Tourist Authority (BTA) to be the face of the campaign and promote Barbados holidays.
In the photos, Rihanna is on the island showing only parts of her face or the back of her body but the distinct tattoos and features make it clear who the model in the advert really is.
Rihanna was born in Saint Michael in 1988 and despite moving to the United States to pursue a music career when she was 16 years old, the pop singer remains very loyal to her hometown island and is keen for other people to experience the delights of the Caribbean destination during holidays in Barbados.
In an interview last year, the singer said: "Barbados is a place like no other and one of the reasons for this is the spirit and national pride of our people. I want each and every visitor to this beautiful island to experience what makes this destination different from all others and that is the spirit and warmth of my fellow Barbadians."
As well as the tourism campaign for the Barbados Tourism Authority, Rihanna is busy with other endorsements such as the Vita Coco Coconut Water campaign and the launch of her new album “Unapologetic” on 19th November, 2012.
Barbados is an island nation situated in the North Atlantic Ocean, north east of Venezuela, and is a hotspot for celebrities including Simon Cowell, Cliff Richards, and Michael Winner who all have luxury homes on the isle.
Tourists taking holidays to Barbados can scuba dive or snorkel in crystal clear waters where they can explore colourful coral reefs and swim alongside hundreds of diverse marine creatures; hike through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shop in boutiques and traditional street markets; and visit the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The island boasts a variety of beachfront Barbados hotels, pristine white sandy beaches, golf courses, gourmet restaurants and lively bars and clubs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids stay and play upto 16 years old when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- NEW! From October 2017 Enjoy complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...