Rihanna debuts new photos ahead of ad campaign promoting Barbados holidays
Popstar Rihanna has unveiled her new tourism ad campaign aimed at encouraging people to book Barbados holidays this winter. Last year, the 24-year-old Bajan singer signed a three-year contract with the Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) to be the face of the campaign and she has unveiled some sexy pictures ahead of the campaign launch.
After spending the summer shooting the ad for the new campaign for Barbados Tourism, popstar sensation Rihanna has revealed some of the images that will be used in the campaign this winter.
The 24-year-old singer who is originally from the Caribbean island signed a three-year contract last year with the Barbados Tourist Authority (BTA) to be the face of the campaign and promote Barbados holidays.
In the photos, Rihanna is on the island showing only parts of her face or the back of her body but the distinct tattoos and features make it clear who the model in the advert really is.
Rihanna was born in Saint Michael in 1988 and despite moving to the United States to pursue a music career when she was 16 years old, the pop singer remains very loyal to her hometown island and is keen for other people to experience the delights of the Caribbean destination during holidays in Barbados.
In an interview last year, the singer said: "Barbados is a place like no other and one of the reasons for this is the spirit and national pride of our people. I want each and every visitor to this beautiful island to experience what makes this destination different from all others and that is the spirit and warmth of my fellow Barbadians."
As well as the tourism campaign for the Barbados Tourism Authority, Rihanna is busy with other endorsements such as the Vita Coco Coconut Water campaign and the launch of her new album “Unapologetic” on 19th November, 2012.
Barbados is an island nation situated in the North Atlantic Ocean, north east of Venezuela, and is a hotspot for celebrities including Simon Cowell, Cliff Richards, and Michael Winner who all have luxury homes on the isle.
Tourists taking holidays to Barbados can scuba dive or snorkel in crystal clear waters where they can explore colourful coral reefs and swim alongside hundreds of diverse marine creatures; hike through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shop in boutiques and traditional street markets; and visit the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The island boasts a variety of beachfront Barbados hotels, pristine white sandy beaches, golf courses, gourmet restaurants and lively bars and clubs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...