easyJet announces new flights to Sharm El Sheikh And Marrakech for 2013
In order to meet growing demand from the UK travel market, the low-cost airline easyJet has announced new direct flights to Egypt and Morocco from London, starting February 2013. The new routes for the new year will service thousands of passengers planning sunny Egypt holidays or exotic Morocco breaks.
Servicing two popular routes for British holidaymakers starting next year, easyJet has recently announced its commitment to offering a twice-weekly service to the popular Egyptian resort of Sharm el Sheik and a thrice-weekly service to Morocco’s capital city of Marrakech.
The news will be welcome by many British passengers who rely on the firm’s cheap fares on flights to Egypt, with Sharm el Sheikh being a firm favourite among UK travellers choosing to spend holidays in Egypt. The coveted seaside resort is a popular beach holiday destination attracting thousands of Britons every year and the new twice-weekly route operating from London Stansted Airport on Thursdays and Sundays will very well received.
easyJet’s new Egypt flights to Sharm El Sheikh will launch in February 2013 with a date already set for the first flight which will take off on 17th February.
As Morocco has also been recently emerging as an increasingly appealing holiday destination for British travellers, the low-cost airline will also be operation year-round flights to Marrakech with a thrice-weekly frequency on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The first of the new Morocco flights by easyJet will take off on 15th February 2013.
To service the new direct flights to Morocco and Egypt, easyJet will also be moving a larger A320 aircraft to Stansted Airport with 180 seats onboard.
“easyJet is committed to making travel easy and affordable for all and each season we decide where to add new flights based on the places our customers tell us they most want to visit,” were the words from easyJet’s UK Commercial Manager, Hugh Aitken “so I’m sure these three new summer sun destinations are going to be a huge hit with holidaymakers.”
“Currently, easyJet operates two mid-haul routes from Stansted to Bodrum and Dalaman so today’s announcement shows a real commitment to offering more varied destinations further afield, and the best value for our passengers.”
As part of the new set of additional flights to popular sun and beach holiday destinations in Africa, easyJet has also announced the launch of a new route to Bulgaria’s capital city of Sofia, which will launch on 16th February 2013 with a twice-weekly route on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
easyJet’s 2013 Summer schedule (up to 8 Sept 2013) from London Stansted Airport now features 1.7 million seats on 10,900 flights to 27 routes across Europe and North Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...