easyJet announces new flights to Sharm El Sheikh And Marrakech for 2013
In order to meet growing demand from the UK travel market, the low-cost airline easyJet has announced new direct flights to Egypt and Morocco from London, starting February 2013. The new routes for the new year will service thousands of passengers planning sunny Egypt holidays or exotic Morocco breaks.
Servicing two popular routes for British holidaymakers starting next year, easyJet has recently announced its commitment to offering a twice-weekly service to the popular Egyptian resort of Sharm el Sheik and a thrice-weekly service to Morocco’s capital city of Marrakech.
The news will be welcome by many British passengers who rely on the firm’s cheap fares on flights to Egypt, with Sharm el Sheikh being a firm favourite among UK travellers choosing to spend holidays in Egypt. The coveted seaside resort is a popular beach holiday destination attracting thousands of Britons every year and the new twice-weekly route operating from London Stansted Airport on Thursdays and Sundays will very well received.
easyJet’s new Egypt flights to Sharm El Sheikh will launch in February 2013 with a date already set for the first flight which will take off on 17th February.
As Morocco has also been recently emerging as an increasingly appealing holiday destination for British travellers, the low-cost airline will also be operation year-round flights to Marrakech with a thrice-weekly frequency on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The first of the new Morocco flights by easyJet will take off on 15th February 2013.
To service the new direct flights to Morocco and Egypt, easyJet will also be moving a larger A320 aircraft to Stansted Airport with 180 seats onboard.
“easyJet is committed to making travel easy and affordable for all and each season we decide where to add new flights based on the places our customers tell us they most want to visit,” were the words from easyJet’s UK Commercial Manager, Hugh Aitken “so I’m sure these three new summer sun destinations are going to be a huge hit with holidaymakers.”
“Currently, easyJet operates two mid-haul routes from Stansted to Bodrum and Dalaman so today’s announcement shows a real commitment to offering more varied destinations further afield, and the best value for our passengers.”
As part of the new set of additional flights to popular sun and beach holiday destinations in Africa, easyJet has also announced the launch of a new route to Bulgaria’s capital city of Sofia, which will launch on 16th February 2013 with a twice-weekly route on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
easyJet’s 2013 Summer schedule (up to 8 Sept 2013) from London Stansted Airport now features 1.7 million seats on 10,900 flights to 27 routes across Europe and North Africa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...