Dubai International Airport makes it easier for passengers to board flights with new alphanumeric system
With an increasing number of travellers booking Dubai holidays, the nation's tourism industry continues to think of ways to ensure customer satisfaction; this includes improvements to the Dubai International Airport. Officials at the airport have recently installed a new alpha numeric system aimed at allowing passengers to navigate their way through the airport to their Dubai flights with greater ease. The move is part of a long term multi-phase $7.8 billion investment plan.
The number of travellers booking Dubai flights is increasing each year as the nation continues to build on its reputation as one of the most coveted holiday destinations in the world. As such, the importance of improving the overall visitor experience at the Dubai International Airport cannot be overlooked. Perhaps in recognition of this fact, officials at the Dubai International Airport have installed a new alpha-numeric system enabling passengers on their journey to luxury holidays in Dubai to navigate their way through the airport with greater ease.
Of the decision to switch to an alpha-numeric system, CEO of Dubai Airports, Paul Griffiths highlighted that the decision was taken bearing the customer experience in mind, stating, “Essentially we have looked at this through the eyes of our customers to help them find their flights with ease and convenience… Research shows us that passengers find an alpha-numeric system a far easier way to navigate their way through the airport and locate their boarding gate”.
As part of the upgrade the airlines, ground handling and control agencies were required to apply the new alpha- numeric system to all airport signage and computer support systems. Such an important change took a combined and well co ordinated effort with hundreds of airport staff deployed to make the necessary alterations to a total of 1,500. Remarkably, the changes took place in just a brief eight hour window ensuring that the impact on travellers heading back home from their Dubai holidays was minimal.
Image by: gadha, on Flickr
The Dubai International Airport is comprised of three terminals (Terminals, 1,2, and 3) and three concourses (Concourses 1,2 and 3) which are home to the boarding gates, airline lounges, duty free shops as well as various food and beverage outlets. Under the revised system Concourses 1, 2 and 3 have been changed to Concourse C, B and A respectively. The newly named Concourse C will house gates C1 to C50, while Concourse B will feature B1 to B32 and passengers will find gates A1 to A24 in Concourse A.
The move is one part of multi phase long term $7.8 billion investment project aimed at upgrading and expanding the Dubai International Airport. Future upgrades include colour-coding and the use of international symbols all of which will help to make the Dubai flight experience more relaxed for passengers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...