St Lucia named the Caribbean's leading honeymoon destination for 10th time running
For the tenth year running the beautiful island of St Lucia has been declared the top honeymoon destination in the Caribbean at the World Travel Awards. The island's luxurious hotels and deluxe retreats make the most of the surroundings to create truly idyllic escapes for couples seeking the most romantic St Lucia holidays imaginable.
Coveted by couples in search of the most romantic and idyllic lover’s nest, St Lucia has been once again awarded with the title of “The Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination”, a recognition the island received during the World Travel Awards Caribbean and the Americas Gala Ceremony which took place last week on 14th September.
Having earned this prestigious title time and time again, now for the 10th consecutive time in the past decade, this latest “repeat” accolade comes as no surprise to anyone as St Lucia holidays have long been considered the perfect honeymoon getaway solution, favoured by couples the world over.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
But despite being the strongest contender in the list of romantic Caribbean holiday destinations, St Lucia hasn’t lost its grace and humility at accepting the award, “Being acknowledged as a leading romance destination, not only within the Caribbean but worldwide, is something we look forward to maintaining and are thrilled with this recognition from the World Travel Awards, especially since we are selected by consumers and the trade,” were the humble but proud words from Louis Lewis, director of tourism for St Lucia. “We plan to retain the leadership position, by continuing to create new and exciting ways to entice travellers. Saint Lucia is naturally made for romance and we have embraced it and want to share the love with visitors to the island. As we move into 2013, Saint Lucia is poised for additional growth, product improvement and increased airlift which will make getting to the island much easier.”
With the island’s unique romantic allure, most St Lucia hotels have made the most of St Lucia’s lush surroundings by creating perfect hideaways that seamlessly blend against the striking natural landscape. During the ceremony, which was hosted in Turks and Caicos this year, a number of St Lucian companies and hotel properties also received recognition, including Barefoot Holidays DMC Saint Lucia, which was named the Caribbean’s Leading Tour Operator. The Jalousie Plantation was awarded the title of St Lucia’s Leading Hotel and the property has long been a favourite among planning honeymoons and romatic holidays in St Lucia. The Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa & Beach Resort, on the other hand was awarded Saint Lucia’s Leading Resort and Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa was awarded Saint Lucia’s Leading Spa Resort.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Among the numerous awards and accolades the island has received over the years, recognising it as a top romantic destination, both U.S. and UK versions of the hit reality series, The Bachelor, filmed on the island. ABC’s The Bachelor brought cast and crew to shoot several episodes in 2010, including the Season 14 final rose ceremony which was held at Jade Mountain (voted #1 Honeymoon Resort by BRIDE’s Magazine in April 2012). And, in 2011, Saint Lucia was the final rose ceremony destination for the first series of the UK version of the widely popular series, reaching tens of millions of fans across both countries.
If this wasn’t enough to reaffirm St Lucia’s position as a world leading honeymoon destination, the island was also recently included in the list of Top 20 Honeymoon destinations by Bride’s magazine (2012) and selected as one of the top “Best Caribbean Honeymoon” destinations by U.S. News & World Report.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
- January sale now on with incredible discounts on all rooms
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....