Royal Caribbean International to reduce Bermuda cruise holidays in 2013
Royal Caribbean International has announced that it will be reducing the number of cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year. Tourists will still be able to enjoy Bermuda holidays but instead of exclusively sailing to Bermuda, the Grandeur will alternate between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International will be reducing its Baltimore to Bermuda cruises onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year.
The cruise company has announced that tourists can continue to go on Bermuda holidays on the Grandeur of the Seas but it will alternate its route between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
"Grandeur of the Seas will call at King's Wharf [in Bermuda] on 15 sailings that stay one or two nights in port," Royal Caribbean explained in a statement.
"While Bermuda continues to be a great destination for our guests, we also have received feedback that they want more variety of destinations from Baltimore."
In 2013, Royal Caribbean customers can also take cruise holidays to Bermuda from Bayonne in New Jersey.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Many cruise lines have reduced or removed Bermuda sailings from their itinerary including Princess which had 10 sailings to Bermuda in 2011 but just two sailings in 2012. Holland America Line will be removing holidays in Bermuda from its itinerary after the 2012 season and Carnival had 16 sailings to the Caribbean island last year but only one sailing this year.
Despite the fall in Bermuda sailings, Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship, the Breakaway, will provide Bermuda cruises holidays from New York starting in April, 2013.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean sailings onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
Located off the east coast of the United States, Bermuda is a picturesque island nation in the North Atlantic Ocean. Every year, thousands of tourists flock to the island to relax on its famous pink sand beaches and to enjoy the tropical climate.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Holidaymakers can enjoy hiking and walking around the island’s rolling hills, rugged coastline or pristine beaches and the turquoise waters are fantastic for sailing, kayaking, wind surfing, fishing, scuba diving and snorkelling.
There are plenty of luxurious beachfront Bermuda hotels and resorts to choose from and during Bermuda holidays, visitors can enjoy horseback riding, tennis and golf, and visits to Bermuda Aquarium, Zoo and Museum, the Bermuda Maritime Museum and the historic town of St George which is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...