Royal Caribbean International to reduce Bermuda cruise holidays in 2013
Royal Caribbean International has announced that it will be reducing the number of cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year. Tourists will still be able to enjoy Bermuda holidays but instead of exclusively sailing to Bermuda, the Grandeur will alternate between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International will be reducing its Baltimore to Bermuda cruises onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year.
The cruise company has announced that tourists can continue to go on Bermuda holidays on the Grandeur of the Seas but it will alternate its route between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
"Grandeur of the Seas will call at King's Wharf [in Bermuda] on 15 sailings that stay one or two nights in port," Royal Caribbean explained in a statement.
"While Bermuda continues to be a great destination for our guests, we also have received feedback that they want more variety of destinations from Baltimore."
In 2013, Royal Caribbean customers can also take cruise holidays to Bermuda from Bayonne in New Jersey.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Many cruise lines have reduced or removed Bermuda sailings from their itinerary including Princess which had 10 sailings to Bermuda in 2011 but just two sailings in 2012. Holland America Line will be removing holidays in Bermuda from its itinerary after the 2012 season and Carnival had 16 sailings to the Caribbean island last year but only one sailing this year.
Despite the fall in Bermuda sailings, Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship, the Breakaway, will provide Bermuda cruises holidays from New York starting in April, 2013.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean sailings onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
Located off the east coast of the United States, Bermuda is a picturesque island nation in the North Atlantic Ocean. Every year, thousands of tourists flock to the island to relax on its famous pink sand beaches and to enjoy the tropical climate.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Holidaymakers can enjoy hiking and walking around the island’s rolling hills, rugged coastline or pristine beaches and the turquoise waters are fantastic for sailing, kayaking, wind surfing, fishing, scuba diving and snorkelling.
There are plenty of luxurious beachfront Bermuda hotels and resorts to choose from and during Bermuda holidays, visitors can enjoy horseback riding, tennis and golf, and visits to Bermuda Aquarium, Zoo and Museum, the Bermuda Maritime Museum and the historic town of St George which is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...