Royal Caribbean International to reduce Bermuda cruise holidays in 2013
Royal Caribbean International has announced that it will be reducing the number of cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year. Tourists will still be able to enjoy Bermuda holidays but instead of exclusively sailing to Bermuda, the Grandeur will alternate between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International will be reducing its Baltimore to Bermuda cruises onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year.
The cruise company has announced that tourists can continue to go on Bermuda holidays on the Grandeur of the Seas but it will alternate its route between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
"Grandeur of the Seas will call at King's Wharf [in Bermuda] on 15 sailings that stay one or two nights in port," Royal Caribbean explained in a statement.
"While Bermuda continues to be a great destination for our guests, we also have received feedback that they want more variety of destinations from Baltimore."
In 2013, Royal Caribbean customers can also take cruise holidays to Bermuda from Bayonne in New Jersey.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Many cruise lines have reduced or removed Bermuda sailings from their itinerary including Princess which had 10 sailings to Bermuda in 2011 but just two sailings in 2012. Holland America Line will be removing holidays in Bermuda from its itinerary after the 2012 season and Carnival had 16 sailings to the Caribbean island last year but only one sailing this year.
Despite the fall in Bermuda sailings, Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship, the Breakaway, will provide Bermuda cruises holidays from New York starting in April, 2013.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean sailings onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
Located off the east coast of the United States, Bermuda is a picturesque island nation in the North Atlantic Ocean. Every year, thousands of tourists flock to the island to relax on its famous pink sand beaches and to enjoy the tropical climate.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Holidaymakers can enjoy hiking and walking around the island’s rolling hills, rugged coastline or pristine beaches and the turquoise waters are fantastic for sailing, kayaking, wind surfing, fishing, scuba diving and snorkelling.
There are plenty of luxurious beachfront Bermuda hotels and resorts to choose from and during Bermuda holidays, visitors can enjoy horseback riding, tennis and golf, and visits to Bermuda Aquarium, Zoo and Museum, the Bermuda Maritime Museum and the historic town of St George which is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...