Royal Caribbean International to reduce Bermuda cruise holidays in 2013
Royal Caribbean International has announced that it will be reducing the number of cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year. Tourists will still be able to enjoy Bermuda holidays but instead of exclusively sailing to Bermuda, the Grandeur will alternate between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International will be reducing its Baltimore to Bermuda cruises onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year.
The cruise company has announced that tourists can continue to go on Bermuda holidays on the Grandeur of the Seas but it will alternate its route between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
"Grandeur of the Seas will call at King's Wharf [in Bermuda] on 15 sailings that stay one or two nights in port," Royal Caribbean explained in a statement.
"While Bermuda continues to be a great destination for our guests, we also have received feedback that they want more variety of destinations from Baltimore."
In 2013, Royal Caribbean customers can also take cruise holidays to Bermuda from Bayonne in New Jersey.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Many cruise lines have reduced or removed Bermuda sailings from their itinerary including Princess which had 10 sailings to Bermuda in 2011 but just two sailings in 2012. Holland America Line will be removing holidays in Bermuda from its itinerary after the 2012 season and Carnival had 16 sailings to the Caribbean island last year but only one sailing this year.
Despite the fall in Bermuda sailings, Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship, the Breakaway, will provide Bermuda cruises holidays from New York starting in April, 2013.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean sailings onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
Located off the east coast of the United States, Bermuda is a picturesque island nation in the North Atlantic Ocean. Every year, thousands of tourists flock to the island to relax on its famous pink sand beaches and to enjoy the tropical climate.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Holidaymakers can enjoy hiking and walking around the island’s rolling hills, rugged coastline or pristine beaches and the turquoise waters are fantastic for sailing, kayaking, wind surfing, fishing, scuba diving and snorkelling.
There are plenty of luxurious beachfront Bermuda hotels and resorts to choose from and during Bermuda holidays, visitors can enjoy horseback riding, tennis and golf, and visits to Bermuda Aquarium, Zoo and Museum, the Bermuda Maritime Museum and the historic town of St George which is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...