Royal Caribbean International to reduce Bermuda cruise holidays in 2013
Royal Caribbean International has announced that it will be reducing the number of cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year. Tourists will still be able to enjoy Bermuda holidays but instead of exclusively sailing to Bermuda, the Grandeur will alternate between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International will be reducing its Baltimore to Bermuda cruises onboard the Grandeur of the Seas from next year.
The cruise company has announced that tourists can continue to go on Bermuda holidays on the Grandeur of the Seas but it will alternate its route between Bermuda and the Bahamas.
"Grandeur of the Seas will call at King's Wharf [in Bermuda] on 15 sailings that stay one or two nights in port," Royal Caribbean explained in a statement.
"While Bermuda continues to be a great destination for our guests, we also have received feedback that they want more variety of destinations from Baltimore."
In 2013, Royal Caribbean customers can also take cruise holidays to Bermuda from Bayonne in New Jersey.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Many cruise lines have reduced or removed Bermuda sailings from their itinerary including Princess which had 10 sailings to Bermuda in 2011 but just two sailings in 2012. Holland America Line will be removing holidays in Bermuda from its itinerary after the 2012 season and Carnival had 16 sailings to the Caribbean island last year but only one sailing this year.
Despite the fall in Bermuda sailings, Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship, the Breakaway, will provide Bermuda cruises holidays from New York starting in April, 2013.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean sailings onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
Located off the east coast of the United States, Bermuda is a picturesque island nation in the North Atlantic Ocean. Every year, thousands of tourists flock to the island to relax on its famous pink sand beaches and to enjoy the tropical climate.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Holidaymakers can enjoy hiking and walking around the island’s rolling hills, rugged coastline or pristine beaches and the turquoise waters are fantastic for sailing, kayaking, wind surfing, fishing, scuba diving and snorkelling.
There are plenty of luxurious beachfront Bermuda hotels and resorts to choose from and during Bermuda holidays, visitors can enjoy horseback riding, tennis and golf, and visits to Bermuda Aquarium, Zoo and Museum, the Bermuda Maritime Museum and the historic town of St George which is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...