Riviera Maya's Xplor Park awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence
Xplor Park in the Riviera Maya has been awarded the prestigious Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor. The underground adventure park is a popular attraction for tourists taking adventurous Cancun holidays in the Riviera Maya and it has an underground river for rafting and swimming and 14 zip-lines including the tallest zip-line in Latin America.
TripAdvisor, the world’s leading travel site, has awarded Xplor Park in Cancun's Riviera Maya, Mexico, the coveted Certificate of Excellence.
The underground adventure park received the award for the first time after tourists who had visited the attraction while on Cancun holidays over the past 12 months wrote excellent reviews on the travel site.
TripAdvisor only awards the Certificate of Excellence to the “best establishments” and to qualify, a business must receive an overall rating of four out of five stars in the travellers’ reviews.
The park offers an action-packed adventure for tourists taking holidays in Cancun, with 14 zip-lines in two circuits stretching over 2.4 miles. Visitors can fly over the tops of trees and land in the water; climb across hanging bridges; and enjoy an adrenalin-pumping ride on the tallest zip-wire in Latin America which stands at a height of 45 metres.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
Holidaymakers can raft or swim in the soft currents of the underground river which is surrounded by breathtaking millennial stalactite and stalagmite formations, or trek through the lush jungle in vehicles that can travel across land and water while manoeuvring obstacles including hanging bridges through rocky terrain and flooded caves.
A spokesperson from Experiencias Xcaret stated: “At Experiencias Xcaret we actively work to constantly improve the life experiences of those who allow themselves be blown away by the adventure, nature and magic of Xplor, Xel-Há and Xcaret; every comment in TripAdvisor, as well as in the different social networks, is taken very seriously, as the company’s philosophy is that there is always room for improvement and things to do to make their visitors happy.”
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
Mexico's Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and features some of the world’s most beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife species.
Travellers enjoying holidays in Cancun's Riviera Maya can hike through spectacular nature parks and wildlife reserves; snorkel or scuba dive in warm, crystal clear turquoise ocean waters; and relax on pristine white sand beaches.
The region is seeing a boost in new Cancun hotels and developments including the luxury Kanai development in 2014 that will boast numerous global hotel chains such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts; W Retreat Kanai; Kanai Auberge; Hyatt and the St. Regis Kanai, Resort & Residence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Stay right next to the world's second largest coral reef, in an idyllic setting that's also been declared a National Park.
- You'll be fantastically placed within walking distance to Puerto Morales, a quaint fishing village
- The tranquil National Park and beachfront setting that boasts the world's second largest coral reef
- French, Mediterranean, Asian and Mexican delights will tempt your palate at the resort's array of restaurants
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. Set just south of the Yucatan Peninsula, this...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Make the beautiful Riviera Maya region of Mexico your home away from home and experience the coastal holiday you've...