Japan to launch two new direct charter flights to Cuba this August
With an increasing interest in travel to Cuba among Japanese holidaymakers, the Caribbean island and Asian nation have joined forces to offer two new direct charter flights to Cuba thus making Cuba holidays more accessible to Japanese travellers.
Proof that holidays to Cuba are becoming increasingly popular not only among European and Canadian travellers, the Cuba travel “fever” has been spreading fast and is reaching the Far East with more Asian travellers than ever interested in visiting this peculiar Caribbean island country with a communist past and socialist present.
Around 4,000 Japanese travellers took Cuba holidays last year and according to Japanese Embassy estimates, that number is forecasted to keep growing steadily and surpass 5,000 this year
So, in order to cater for this growing market and as part of ongoing efforts to consolidate Cuba’s burgeoning tourism industry, a new direct air route connecting Cuba and Japan was announced last Wednesday, with two new charter flights to Cuba starting to operate from August 2012.
Cuba’s Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) recently revealed in a statement that the new two Cuba flights taking Japanese passengers to the island are scheduled every two years and have been established following an agreement between Japanese airlines and Cuba’s state-owned and operated Cubanacan tourism company.
The released statement also said that this addition of flights to Cuba from Japan will make the island more accessible to Japanese holidaymakers and will allow them to enjoy Cuba’s unique attractions, especially those of historical and cultural value (as they tend to be of great interest to Japanese visitors), as well as the country’s natural attributes and the warm hospitality of the Cuban people.
Bringing these two countries a step closer, holidays in Cuba for Japanese holidaymakers will be made easier and more accessible with this new direct route.
Over the last few years, Cuba has been actively and fiercely promoting tourism, particularly targeting Chinese and Japanese tourists, a completely new source market for the island's tourism industry, in a bid to obtain more foreign currency and help fund the infrastructure of new tourism projects and new Cuba hotels. With such flights, the ministry expects more Japanese visitors to this Caribbean nation in the medium and long term.
Cuba is betting highly on the development of the tourism and hospitality industry and authorities expect to close this year with 2.9 million visitors, breaking a new record. They also predict more than three million tourists visiting the island in 2013.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...