Japan to launch two new direct charter flights to Cuba this August
With an increasing interest in travel to Cuba among Japanese holidaymakers, the Caribbean island and Asian nation have joined forces to offer two new direct charter flights to Cuba thus making Cuba holidays more accessible to Japanese travellers.
Proof that holidays to Cuba are becoming increasingly popular not only among European and Canadian travellers, the Cuba travel “fever” has been spreading fast and is reaching the Far East with more Asian travellers than ever interested in visiting this peculiar Caribbean island country with a communist past and socialist present.
Around 4,000 Japanese travellers took Cuba holidays last year and according to Japanese Embassy estimates, that number is forecasted to keep growing steadily and surpass 5,000 this year
So, in order to cater for this growing market and as part of ongoing efforts to consolidate Cuba’s burgeoning tourism industry, a new direct air route connecting Cuba and Japan was announced last Wednesday, with two new charter flights to Cuba starting to operate from August 2012.
Cuba’s Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) recently revealed in a statement that the new two Cuba flights taking Japanese passengers to the island are scheduled every two years and have been established following an agreement between Japanese airlines and Cuba’s state-owned and operated Cubanacan tourism company.
The released statement also said that this addition of flights to Cuba from Japan will make the island more accessible to Japanese holidaymakers and will allow them to enjoy Cuba’s unique attractions, especially those of historical and cultural value (as they tend to be of great interest to Japanese visitors), as well as the country’s natural attributes and the warm hospitality of the Cuban people.
Bringing these two countries a step closer, holidays in Cuba for Japanese holidaymakers will be made easier and more accessible with this new direct route.
Over the last few years, Cuba has been actively and fiercely promoting tourism, particularly targeting Chinese and Japanese tourists, a completely new source market for the island's tourism industry, in a bid to obtain more foreign currency and help fund the infrastructure of new tourism projects and new Cuba hotels. With such flights, the ministry expects more Japanese visitors to this Caribbean nation in the medium and long term.
Cuba is betting highly on the development of the tourism and hospitality industry and authorities expect to close this year with 2.9 million visitors, breaking a new record. They also predict more than three million tourists visiting the island in 2013.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the crystal clear waters of Varadero and slip into total relaxation this summer
- Enjoy a grilled feast with a restaurant on the beach
- Within close proximity to such famous attractions as the Ecological Reserve at Varahicacos
- Close to one of the best windsurfing and kitesurfing spots in Cuba
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...