Japan to launch two new direct charter flights to Cuba this August
With an increasing interest in travel to Cuba among Japanese holidaymakers, the Caribbean island and Asian nation have joined forces to offer two new direct charter flights to Cuba thus making Cuba holidays more accessible to Japanese travellers.
Proof that holidays to Cuba are becoming increasingly popular not only among European and Canadian travellers, the Cuba travel “fever” has been spreading fast and is reaching the Far East with more Asian travellers than ever interested in visiting this peculiar Caribbean island country with a communist past and socialist present.
Around 4,000 Japanese travellers took Cuba holidays last year and according to Japanese Embassy estimates, that number is forecasted to keep growing steadily and surpass 5,000 this year
So, in order to cater for this growing market and as part of ongoing efforts to consolidate Cuba’s burgeoning tourism industry, a new direct air route connecting Cuba and Japan was announced last Wednesday, with two new charter flights to Cuba starting to operate from August 2012.
Cuba’s Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) recently revealed in a statement that the new two Cuba flights taking Japanese passengers to the island are scheduled every two years and have been established following an agreement between Japanese airlines and Cuba’s state-owned and operated Cubanacan tourism company.
The released statement also said that this addition of flights to Cuba from Japan will make the island more accessible to Japanese holidaymakers and will allow them to enjoy Cuba’s unique attractions, especially those of historical and cultural value (as they tend to be of great interest to Japanese visitors), as well as the country’s natural attributes and the warm hospitality of the Cuban people.
Bringing these two countries a step closer, holidays in Cuba for Japanese holidaymakers will be made easier and more accessible with this new direct route.
Over the last few years, Cuba has been actively and fiercely promoting tourism, particularly targeting Chinese and Japanese tourists, a completely new source market for the island's tourism industry, in a bid to obtain more foreign currency and help fund the infrastructure of new tourism projects and new Cuba hotels. With such flights, the ministry expects more Japanese visitors to this Caribbean nation in the medium and long term.
Cuba is betting highly on the development of the tourism and hospitality industry and authorities expect to close this year with 2.9 million visitors, breaking a new record. They also predict more than three million tourists visiting the island in 2013.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...