Travellers booking South Africa holidays can explore the artistic side of Cape Town with One&Only Hotel
The One&Only Cape Town hotel is now offering full and half day tours for art loving travellers interested in booking South Africa holidays. Travellers can opt for the Galleries Art Tour where they can visit some of the top galleries in Cape town and spend some time with their curators, alternatively for those more interested in meeting the artists themselves there is the option of the Contemporary Art Tour.
Identified by the International Design Alliance Congress as the World Design Capital for 2014, Cape Town is quickly becoming the go-to place for travellers hoping to immerse themselves in a cultural South Africa holiday experience. In recognition of this fact, the One&Only luxury hotel in Cape Town has begun to offer half and full day private art tours aimed at highlighting the local talent coming out of South Africa including artists such as Irma Stern, Willian Kentridge, Sam Nhlengethwa and Russian born Vladimir Tretchikoff, known for his “Chinese Girl” painting which went on to become one of the best selling art prints ever.
This latest initiative from One&Only comes as no surprise given that the Cape Town resort is known for its devotion to the arts with the hotel acting as home to some of Cape Town’s most eye catching pieces in addition to the Goodman Gallery located on the hotel’s mezzanine floor.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Travellers planning holidays in Cape Town may want to take advantage of the One&Only resort’s art tours with interested parties able to opt for either the “Galleries Art Tour” or the “Contemporary Art Tour”
The Galleries Art Tour offers guests:
- The accompaniment of a knowledgeable tour guide
- Visits to a series of influential art galleries where guests will be able to view current exhibitions. The list of galleries include: Everard Read’s V&A Waterfront space; Michael Stevenson Contemporary in Woodstock; What if the World gallery, Worldart and of course One&Only’s very own Goodman Gallery
- An opportunity to meet with the curators of each space
- A stop at the Irma Stern Museum
- The tour culminates with a visit at the famed Casa Labia
Alternatively, guests opting for the Contemporary Art Tour will have the unique opportunity to meet some of South Africa’s most talented artists at their respective studios making for a truly memorable experience. Guests will have access to:
- Otto du Plessis of Bronze Age (metalworker and sculptor)
- Alex Hamilton (painter)
- Andile Dyulvan (ceramicist)
- Katherine Glenday (porcelain ceramicist)
- Marlise Keith (painter)
- Nic Bladen (jeweller)
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
There is little doubt that both tours would be incentive enough for art loving travellers to book South Africa holidays at the One&Only Cape Town, and when coupled with the thought of staying at one of South Africa’s most acclaimed luxury hotels there is little doubt that travellers will be eager to take advantage of this unique opportunity.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Combine two fascinating countries in one, with South Africa and Dubai as your perfect choice
- Spend a morning with the Big Five in the Kruger National Park
- Enjoy some ice skating in Dubai, even in summer!
- Gasp at the glory of God's Window, with a boundless view of mountains and fertile plains
Benifit from two countries in one amazing package, with this amazing offer
- Try some ice skating in Dubai, at the Hyatt Regency
- Explore the Tsitsikamma section of the Garden Route National Park
- Capture the sights of the 'Big Five' in Kruger national park
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Overview Cape Town is the “Mother City”, South Africa’s oldest city, and one of the world’s...
From the moment we depart the Friendly City of Port Elizabeth, youll see and feel the changing landscapeand why we call...