New summer holiday programmes launched by St Lucia hotels
Local residents in the island staying at home this summer to enjoy St Lucia holidays will be treated to a special summer promotion that includes amazing hotel discounts and special deals on attractions, tours and tourist activities. The Staycation summer holiday packages will be rolled out in July and will be exclusively available to residents of St Lucia.
In order to entice more summer holidaymakers to stay in St Lucia this season, hotels and restaurants as well as some of the most exciting tours and attractions have stepped their game to offer tourists with special deals aimed at a local audience. Trying to tap into the local market with special “Staycation” offers, the ultimate goal for many St Lucia holidays is to raise awareness of their services among local residents and in many cases build a long-lasting relationship with their home guests.
This annual summer promotion has been launched in previous years and continues to grow in popularity. For this reason, many hotels in St Lucia have revved up their offers to their loyal local clientele to now include special spa treatments at some of the island’s most indulgent spa facilities.
The Staycation summer holiday deals in St Lucia will officially kick off on 1st July and will run until 30th September 2012.
Image by: Best of St.Lucia, on Flickr
At the moment the St Lucia Tourist Board is working with the many St Lucia hotels, tour operators, spas, restaurants and other organisations specialised in adding to the St Lucia holiday experience, in order to create the different tailor-made holiday packages that will offer exclusive summer deals to residents. Some of these specials will include hotel stays starting from just $30 US dollars per night per room and exclusive discounts on popular attractions and tours. In addition there are also some all inclusive holiday deals as part of the promotion.
The launch of Staycation coincides with the launch of another summer promotion called Summerlicious; yet another summer programme created by the St Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association (SLHTA), designed to expose both locals and visitors alike to the diversity of St Lucian cuisine as influenced by Afro, European, French and Caribbean heritage.
As part of the Summerlicious programme those enjoying holidays in St Lucia during the summer season will get to enjoy authentic St Lucian culinary delights with reduced prix fixed prices on lunch and dinner summer menus at some of the finest restaurants island-wide. Visitors can sample a two course lunch for EC$50-$65 and a three course dinner from EC$95, $125 and $145. In addition, all meals include a high-quality signature cocktail made with St Lucia’s award winning Chairman’s Reserve Rum. Ahead of the imposition of the Value Added Tax in October of this year, Summerlicious has been hailed as the, “Pre VAT Dine Out”.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Tourism Director Louis Lewis said Staycation/Summerlicious offers that unique opportunity for nationals; and in the case of Summerlicious visitors alike, the chance to experience the island’s varied tourism product.
“It is noteworthy to see the excitement amongst the hotels, restaurants, sites, attractions and spas to these two programs as we work together to execute these exciting summer promotions. The fact that more and more of our tourism partners are eager to participate in the promotions is testament to their success and the value they place on the on-island clientele.” - Lewis said.
Participating hotels and restaurants in St Lucia for the Staycation/Summerlicious 2012 include both small and large properties and are located throughout the island from Cap Estate in the north to Vieux Fort in the south.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...