Melia Hotels International opens its first Dubai hotel
Melia Hotels International has announced the opening of their first ever Dubai hotel - the Melia Dubai. Located within reach of the shopping district, this hotel is ideally suited to those booking Dubai holidays for a taste of the city's famed shopping experience. With its 164 rooms decorated by world renowned architect Marco Mangili and Marco Pierre White, the Melia Dubai is set to be one of the best and most talked about hotels in Dubai.
Spanish firm, Melia Hotels International, has announced the launch of their first ever Dubai hotel - the Melia Dubai - making history as the first Spanish hotel to be located in Dubai. Travellers planning their upcoming Dubai holiday shopping spree will be pleased to learn that this hotel is perfectly situated for easy access to both the Dubai International Airport (approximately 10 minutes away) and the best of the Dubai shopping centres with the main shopping and commercial districts a stone’s throw away.
Gilles Longuet, General Manager of the Melia Dubai stated the following of the launch, “We are delighted to open the first Spanish hotel in the Middle East. Over time, the two ancient cultures of Arabic and Spanish have traded language, architecture and heritage. As Melia opens its doors in the heart of historic Dubai, Spanish hospitality comes to the Middle East. In a sense, Melia Dubai is home”.
Designed by internationally recognised architect Marco Mangili, the 164 room Melia Dubai reflects the right blend of both modern and classical aesthetics that one would expect from a luxury hotel in Dubai. Each spacious room is beautifully decorated with warm inviting colours, the bathrooms are the epitome of luxury boasting of rain showers and separate signature bathtubs allowing guests that opportunity to sit back, relax and unwind.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Architecture aside, the Melia Dubai’s Titanic Restaurant is probably the most anticipated feature of this new hotel. The Titanic Restaurant will be working closely with renowned British chef Marco Pierre White to serve up tantalising dishes, a fact which will undoubtedly catch the attention of travellers booking their Dubai holidays. Starters include a Carpaccio of Scallops with fresh ginger and coriander and Chilled Andalucian soup with langoustines and the main courses promise to be equally enticing with options including Magret of Duck Marco Polo with white peaches and sauternes roasting juices, Roast rack of lamb à la Dijonnaise with a mustard and herb crust all followed by a dessert of Hot Raspberry Soufflé.
White, who has trained chefs such as Gordon Ramsay and Curtis Stone, stated the following of his upcoming collaboration with the Melia Dubai, “I am very excited to be working with Melia Hotels International, a company that has such a rich culinary history. I believe that in Melia Dubai I have found a hotel that holds the same high standards as I do in the restaurant”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the wonders of Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restaurants, sandy beaches and unmatched shopping, all for an unbeatable price
- Unwind in your beautifully designed room or suite featuring all your modern amenities and stunning views
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...