Melia Hotels International opens its first Dubai hotel
Melia Hotels International has announced the opening of their first ever Dubai hotel - the Melia Dubai. Located within reach of the shopping district, this hotel is ideally suited to those booking Dubai holidays for a taste of the city's famed shopping experience. With its 164 rooms decorated by world renowned architect Marco Mangili and Marco Pierre White, the Melia Dubai is set to be one of the best and most talked about hotels in Dubai.
Spanish firm, Melia Hotels International, has announced the launch of their first ever Dubai hotel - the Melia Dubai - making history as the first Spanish hotel to be located in Dubai. Travellers planning their upcoming Dubai holiday shopping spree will be pleased to learn that this hotel is perfectly situated for easy access to both the Dubai International Airport (approximately 10 minutes away) and the best of the Dubai shopping centres with the main shopping and commercial districts a stone’s throw away.
Gilles Longuet, General Manager of the Melia Dubai stated the following of the launch, “We are delighted to open the first Spanish hotel in the Middle East. Over time, the two ancient cultures of Arabic and Spanish have traded language, architecture and heritage. As Melia opens its doors in the heart of historic Dubai, Spanish hospitality comes to the Middle East. In a sense, Melia Dubai is home”.
Designed by internationally recognised architect Marco Mangili, the 164 room Melia Dubai reflects the right blend of both modern and classical aesthetics that one would expect from a luxury hotel in Dubai. Each spacious room is beautifully decorated with warm inviting colours, the bathrooms are the epitome of luxury boasting of rain showers and separate signature bathtubs allowing guests that opportunity to sit back, relax and unwind.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Architecture aside, the Melia Dubai’s Titanic Restaurant is probably the most anticipated feature of this new hotel. The Titanic Restaurant will be working closely with renowned British chef Marco Pierre White to serve up tantalising dishes, a fact which will undoubtedly catch the attention of travellers booking their Dubai holidays. Starters include a Carpaccio of Scallops with fresh ginger and coriander and Chilled Andalucian soup with langoustines and the main courses promise to be equally enticing with options including Magret of Duck Marco Polo with white peaches and sauternes roasting juices, Roast rack of lamb à la Dijonnaise with a mustard and herb crust all followed by a dessert of Hot Raspberry Soufflé.
White, who has trained chefs such as Gordon Ramsay and Curtis Stone, stated the following of his upcoming collaboration with the Melia Dubai, “I am very excited to be working with Melia Hotels International, a company that has such a rich culinary history. I believe that in Melia Dubai I have found a hotel that holds the same high standards as I do in the restaurant”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...