Caribbean holidays ideal for self-professed foodies
While many have been captivated by the exotic Caribbean islands because of their beautiful beaches and tropical climate, the Caribbean cuisine is becoming an integral part of the Caribbean holiday experience. Dominican born chef Freda Gore has recognised the importance of the region's cuisine and as a result has been operating her own culinary Caribbean tours highlighting all that these beautiful Caribbean islands have to offer.
Holidaymakers have long been enchanted by the Caribbean in large part because of the beautiful crystal clear waters and the warm climate matched by the sunny disposition and hospitality of the local people, however, more and more the unique Caribbean cuisine is playing its part in the popularity of Caribbean holidays.
Perhaps no one has recognised this fact more than Dominican born chef and cookbook author Freda Gore. Ms Gore has been operating Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations for the past seven years taking travellers and their eager taste buds to exotic locations including Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, Dominica, St Lucia and most recently Ms Gore has added the twin islands St Kitts-Nevis as well as Puerto Rico to her list of culinary Caribbean tours.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
With a true passion for sharing all that the Caribbean has to offer, Gore believes that cultural immersion is the key factor in order to fully appreciate all that these beautiful islands have to offer. Each island can boast of their own unique flavours and cooking styles, all reflecting a fusion of a range of cultures including the native Carib and Arawak Indian tribes as well as the culinary traditions of the many settlers to the Caribbean including Africans, French, Spanish, Indian and English.
While the Jamaican jerk has become popular worldwide and may not be new to many people, travellers planning their Barbados holidays can look forward to tasting their famous flying fish and cou cou, other unique Caribbean dishes include the St Lucian pepper pot, Dominican calaloo, Antiguan sweet potato dumplings and Martinique braf.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE,on Flickr
For travellers interested in treating themselves to a unique Caribbean holiday experience, Gore operates weekly and weekend package deals to these beautiful locations inclusive of flights, accommodation, meals and airport transfer. Additionally, as part of the package holidaymakers will have an opportunity to enjoy a host of extras ensuring a truly memorable experience including:
- Cooking lessons with chef Gore
- Farmers market tours
- Rum distillery tours
- Herb farm tours
- Cooking demonstrations from local chefs
- Yoga lessons for a truly holistic experience
- Spa and massage treatments
- Catamaran cruise
Adults rates start from $1,999 per person for couple bookings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...