Caribbean holidays ideal for self-professed foodies
While many have been captivated by the exotic Caribbean islands because of their beautiful beaches and tropical climate, the Caribbean cuisine is becoming an integral part of the Caribbean holiday experience. Dominican born chef Freda Gore has recognised the importance of the region's cuisine and as a result has been operating her own culinary Caribbean tours highlighting all that these beautiful Caribbean islands have to offer.
Holidaymakers have long been enchanted by the Caribbean in large part because of the beautiful crystal clear waters and the warm climate matched by the sunny disposition and hospitality of the local people, however, more and more the unique Caribbean cuisine is playing its part in the popularity of Caribbean holidays.
Perhaps no one has recognised this fact more than Dominican born chef and cookbook author Freda Gore. Ms Gore has been operating Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations for the past seven years taking travellers and their eager taste buds to exotic locations including Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, Dominica, St Lucia and most recently Ms Gore has added the twin islands St Kitts-Nevis as well as Puerto Rico to her list of culinary Caribbean tours.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
With a true passion for sharing all that the Caribbean has to offer, Gore believes that cultural immersion is the key factor in order to fully appreciate all that these beautiful islands have to offer. Each island can boast of their own unique flavours and cooking styles, all reflecting a fusion of a range of cultures including the native Carib and Arawak Indian tribes as well as the culinary traditions of the many settlers to the Caribbean including Africans, French, Spanish, Indian and English.
While the Jamaican jerk has become popular worldwide and may not be new to many people, travellers planning their Barbados holidays can look forward to tasting their famous flying fish and cou cou, other unique Caribbean dishes include the St Lucian pepper pot, Dominican calaloo, Antiguan sweet potato dumplings and Martinique braf.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE,on Flickr
For travellers interested in treating themselves to a unique Caribbean holiday experience, Gore operates weekly and weekend package deals to these beautiful locations inclusive of flights, accommodation, meals and airport transfer. Additionally, as part of the package holidaymakers will have an opportunity to enjoy a host of extras ensuring a truly memorable experience including:
- Cooking lessons with chef Gore
- Farmers market tours
- Rum distillery tours
- Herb farm tours
- Cooking demonstrations from local chefs
- Yoga lessons for a truly holistic experience
- Spa and massage treatments
- Catamaran cruise
Adults rates start from $1,999 per person for couple bookings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...