Caribbean holidays ideal for self-professed foodies
While many have been captivated by the exotic Caribbean islands because of their beautiful beaches and tropical climate, the Caribbean cuisine is becoming an integral part of the Caribbean holiday experience. Dominican born chef Freda Gore has recognised the importance of the region's cuisine and as a result has been operating her own culinary Caribbean tours highlighting all that these beautiful Caribbean islands have to offer.
Holidaymakers have long been enchanted by the Caribbean in large part because of the beautiful crystal clear waters and the warm climate matched by the sunny disposition and hospitality of the local people, however, more and more the unique Caribbean cuisine is playing its part in the popularity of Caribbean holidays.
Perhaps no one has recognised this fact more than Dominican born chef and cookbook author Freda Gore. Ms Gore has been operating Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations for the past seven years taking travellers and their eager taste buds to exotic locations including Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, Dominica, St Lucia and most recently Ms Gore has added the twin islands St Kitts-Nevis as well as Puerto Rico to her list of culinary Caribbean tours.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
With a true passion for sharing all that the Caribbean has to offer, Gore believes that cultural immersion is the key factor in order to fully appreciate all that these beautiful islands have to offer. Each island can boast of their own unique flavours and cooking styles, all reflecting a fusion of a range of cultures including the native Carib and Arawak Indian tribes as well as the culinary traditions of the many settlers to the Caribbean including Africans, French, Spanish, Indian and English.
While the Jamaican jerk has become popular worldwide and may not be new to many people, travellers planning their Barbados holidays can look forward to tasting their famous flying fish and cou cou, other unique Caribbean dishes include the St Lucian pepper pot, Dominican calaloo, Antiguan sweet potato dumplings and Martinique braf.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE,on Flickr
For travellers interested in treating themselves to a unique Caribbean holiday experience, Gore operates weekly and weekend package deals to these beautiful locations inclusive of flights, accommodation, meals and airport transfer. Additionally, as part of the package holidaymakers will have an opportunity to enjoy a host of extras ensuring a truly memorable experience including:
- Cooking lessons with chef Gore
- Farmers market tours
- Rum distillery tours
- Herb farm tours
- Cooking demonstrations from local chefs
- Yoga lessons for a truly holistic experience
- Spa and massage treatments
- Catamaran cruise
Adults rates start from $1,999 per person for couple bookings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning varadero beach, getting the best of both during Easter 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre Easter holiday package deal
- The elegant distrrict of Miramar and the pristine beach of Varadero provide the perfect settings for exploring the charm and beauty of Cuba
- Boasts facilities, activities, excursions and entertainment for every taste
- A spacious, classy and comfortable feel
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...