Caribbean holidays ideal for self-professed foodies
While many have been captivated by the exotic Caribbean islands because of their beautiful beaches and tropical climate, the Caribbean cuisine is becoming an integral part of the Caribbean holiday experience. Dominican born chef Freda Gore has recognised the importance of the region's cuisine and as a result has been operating her own culinary Caribbean tours highlighting all that these beautiful Caribbean islands have to offer.
Holidaymakers have long been enchanted by the Caribbean in large part because of the beautiful crystal clear waters and the warm climate matched by the sunny disposition and hospitality of the local people, however, more and more the unique Caribbean cuisine is playing its part in the popularity of Caribbean holidays.
Perhaps no one has recognised this fact more than Dominican born chef and cookbook author Freda Gore. Ms Gore has been operating Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations for the past seven years taking travellers and their eager taste buds to exotic locations including Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, Dominica, St Lucia and most recently Ms Gore has added the twin islands St Kitts-Nevis as well as Puerto Rico to her list of culinary Caribbean tours.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
With a true passion for sharing all that the Caribbean has to offer, Gore believes that cultural immersion is the key factor in order to fully appreciate all that these beautiful islands have to offer. Each island can boast of their own unique flavours and cooking styles, all reflecting a fusion of a range of cultures including the native Carib and Arawak Indian tribes as well as the culinary traditions of the many settlers to the Caribbean including Africans, French, Spanish, Indian and English.
While the Jamaican jerk has become popular worldwide and may not be new to many people, travellers planning their Barbados holidays can look forward to tasting their famous flying fish and cou cou, other unique Caribbean dishes include the St Lucian pepper pot, Dominican calaloo, Antiguan sweet potato dumplings and Martinique braf.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE,on Flickr
For travellers interested in treating themselves to a unique Caribbean holiday experience, Gore operates weekly and weekend package deals to these beautiful locations inclusive of flights, accommodation, meals and airport transfer. Additionally, as part of the package holidaymakers will have an opportunity to enjoy a host of extras ensuring a truly memorable experience including:
- Cooking lessons with chef Gore
- Farmers market tours
- Rum distillery tours
- Herb farm tours
- Cooking demonstrations from local chefs
- Yoga lessons for a truly holistic experience
- Spa and massage treatments
- Catamaran cruise
Adults rates start from $1,999 per person for couple bookings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...