Caribbean holidays ideal for self-professed foodies
While many have been captivated by the exotic Caribbean islands because of their beautiful beaches and tropical climate, the Caribbean cuisine is becoming an integral part of the Caribbean holiday experience. Dominican born chef Freda Gore has recognised the importance of the region's cuisine and as a result has been operating her own culinary Caribbean tours highlighting all that these beautiful Caribbean islands have to offer.
Holidaymakers have long been enchanted by the Caribbean in large part because of the beautiful crystal clear waters and the warm climate matched by the sunny disposition and hospitality of the local people, however, more and more the unique Caribbean cuisine is playing its part in the popularity of Caribbean holidays.
Perhaps no one has recognised this fact more than Dominican born chef and cookbook author Freda Gore. Ms Gore has been operating Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations for the past seven years taking travellers and their eager taste buds to exotic locations including Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, Dominica, St Lucia and most recently Ms Gore has added the twin islands St Kitts-Nevis as well as Puerto Rico to her list of culinary Caribbean tours.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
With a true passion for sharing all that the Caribbean has to offer, Gore believes that cultural immersion is the key factor in order to fully appreciate all that these beautiful islands have to offer. Each island can boast of their own unique flavours and cooking styles, all reflecting a fusion of a range of cultures including the native Carib and Arawak Indian tribes as well as the culinary traditions of the many settlers to the Caribbean including Africans, French, Spanish, Indian and English.
While the Jamaican jerk has become popular worldwide and may not be new to many people, travellers planning their Barbados holidays can look forward to tasting their famous flying fish and cou cou, other unique Caribbean dishes include the St Lucian pepper pot, Dominican calaloo, Antiguan sweet potato dumplings and Martinique braf.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE,on Flickr
For travellers interested in treating themselves to a unique Caribbean holiday experience, Gore operates weekly and weekend package deals to these beautiful locations inclusive of flights, accommodation, meals and airport transfer. Additionally, as part of the package holidaymakers will have an opportunity to enjoy a host of extras ensuring a truly memorable experience including:
- Cooking lessons with chef Gore
- Farmers market tours
- Rum distillery tours
- Herb farm tours
- Cooking demonstrations from local chefs
- Yoga lessons for a truly holistic experience
- Spa and massage treatments
- Catamaran cruise
Adults rates start from $1,999 per person for couple bookings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...