Profile of Dominican Republic holidays to get a boost from renowned UK journalist
Popular online publication Definitive Caribbean Guide has sent one of its top journalists, Fiona Dunlop, to conduct extensive research on all the best loved features of a Dominican Republic holiday experience. Ms Dunlop's research will contribute to an upgrade of the publication's existing island guide and will serve to raise the profile of holidays to the Dominican Republic.
Well respected journalist Fiona Dunlop from the UK based online publication - Definitive Caribbean Guide will be travelling to the Caribbean island of Hispaniola in an attempt to explore and review all that the Dominican Republic holiday experience has to offer.
Ms. Dunlop’s research will serve to enhance the popular publication’s already existing “island guide” to the Dominican Republic creating what has been termed as a “super guide” with over 30 000 words.
This, the first of three planned visits, is scheduled to take place over two and a half weeks, during which Ms Dunlop will be focusing her attention exclusively on the south of the Dominican Republic.
Co-founder of Definitive Caribbean, Feona Gray, stated the following of Ms Dunlop’s impending journey, “I’m delighted to be sending such a well-respected journalist out to the Dominican Republic and am confident that the resulting guide will make an invaluable contribution to the island’s tourism industry”.
Image by: dlakme, on Flickr
As part of her brief Ms Dunlop will be conducting comprehensive research on all the key features that continue to entice over four million travellers to book holidays in the Dominican Republic each year. Key features include the island’s beaches, restaurants, bars, culture, water and land based activities, transport, as well as the offerings for those loved up couples planning destination weddings and honeymoons in the Dominican Republic. Of course no guide would be complete without a look at the Dominican Republic hotels and this super guide promises to provide insights on a range of accommodation options, from the luxurious to the all-inclusive resorts and even the budget hotels.
Image by: Sallyrango, on Flickr
The Definitive Caribbean Guide boasts of more than one million hits per week and, and traffic to the upgraded Dominican Republic guide is expected to triple. Undoubtedly, this can only be good news for tourisms officials in the Dominican Republic as they look to raise the profile of the island and ultimately increase the number of travellers booking Dominican Republic holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...