Starwood Hotels Announces Global Headquarters will be Temporary Relocated to Dubai
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc has announced that it will be temporarily relocating its global headquarters to the Middle East in 2013. The US-based headquarters will move to Dubai for a month-long managerial venture. Starwood currently has 15 hotels in the emirate and it will be launching five new properties for Dubai holidays by 2017.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc will be temporarily relocating its Global Headquarters to Dubai for a month-long managerial endeavour.
The international hotel group currently has 15 hotels in the emirate and it is planning to develop a further five properties for the discerning elite seeking luxury Dubai holidays by 2017.
Starwood’s leadership conference took place in the Middle Eastern city for the first time recently and was attended by its top 100 global executives.
The company is keen to expand its portfolio of Dubai hotels with the development of five new properties including the debuts of the W and St. Regis brands in the United Arab Emirate over the next few years.
The President and CEO of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Frits van Paasschen, commented: “With hotels in 100 countries and 80 per cent of our future pipeline outside of North America, Starwood is the world’s most global high-end hotel company, perfectly positioned to capitalise on an ever growing global marketplace.
“Dubai is emblematic of how globalisation is creating new travel patterns and travel hubs, and serves as a crossroad between the emerging and developed worlds.”
The relocation of its global headquarters will enable Starwood to understand the company’s operations throughout the Middle East; meet regional customers, partners, and developers; and visit new properties across the region.
Dubai has been selected as the location because of its growth potential and its popularity as business destination as well as a hotspot for holidays to the Middle East.
Paasschen added: “Our brands resonate well with Middle Eastern guests and the fact that our brands reflect the various lifestyle aspirations of our guests allows us to further penetrate this market.”
Starwood owns and operates nearly 1000 properties across North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The hotel group currently operates hotels under the brands: Westin, Starwood’s oldest and largest brand for upscale properties; W Hotels, the luxury boutique brand; Sheraton, the luxury flagship brand; the Luxury Collection; Four Points by Sheraton, a mid-scale brand; St. Regis, Starwood’s main luxury brand; Le Meridian, a French brand acquired by Starwood in 2006; Aloft, a mid-scale urban brand for business and boutique hotels; and Element by Westin, the group’s environmentally friendly brand.
Image by: Kordian, on Flickr
Dubai is one of the seven United Arab Emirates and a hotspot for business travellers and tourists. The city boasts unique architecture, enormous shopping malls, parks, luxurious hotels, and beautiful sandy beaches. During holidays to Dubai, holidaymakers can visit attractions including the Dubai Marina, Dubai, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...