McFly drummer Harry Judd Proposes to girlfriend during St Lucia Holidays
Harry Judd, the drummer from McFly and winner of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, has announced that he is engaged to his girlfriend Izzy Johnston, just days after he attended the wedding of fellow band mate Tom Fletcher. The 26-year-old popped the question to Izzy during their St Lucia holidays at the luxurious Rendezvous Hotel on Malabar beach.
Love is in the air for McFly band members this month as the drummer Harry Judd announced his engagement, just days after attending the wedding of his fellow band mate, Tom Fletcher.
The 26-year-old drummer proposed to his girlfriends Izzy Johnston during their St Lucia holidays at the boutique Rendezvous Hotel.
Harry announced the good news on Twitter last week saying: “Couldn't be happier! My beautiful @izzyeyesalight and I are engaged!
Thank you to @rendezvoushotel for making it so special! Xxx”
He added: “I liked it, so I put a ring on it. #engaged”
During their holidays in St Lucia, 27-year-old Izzy, wrote on Twitter: “So happy! My gorgeous @mcflyharry and I got engaged on the beach by candlelit dinner. I'm the luckiest girl to be marrying my best friend xx”
Image by: Best of St.Lucia, on Flickr
The couple have been together since 2005 after they met during McFly's tour and Haryy has been talking about popping the question since he won BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing last December.
Harry told a newspaper in December: “I absolutely know 100 per cent that in her I have found The One, and yes I do want marriage, kids, the whole deal with Izzy.”
The Rendezvous is one of the most luxurious couples-only St Lucia hotels and the perfect setting for a romantic proposal.
Located on Malabar beach on the north-west tip of the Caribbean island, the luxury hotel is set upon a two-mile beautiful white sand beach and offers breathtaking views of the sparkling Caribbean Sea and the neighbouring island of Martinique.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The family-run hotel is perfect for special holidays to St Lucia, romantic weddings, and long-awaited honeymoons. There couples can enjoy a superb environment that is made up of lush tropical gardens, a lazy river pool that runs through the resort and a pristine beach.
Guests can choose from a range of lavish guest rooms including Luxury Beach Front Suites, Beach Front Cottages, Luxury Beach Front Rooms, Seaside Suites, Verandah Suites, Premium Garden View Rooms and Garden Views Rooms.
The rooms are furnished with four-poster beds, marble bathrooms and private decks and balconies that offer beautiful views of the beach, turquoise ocean, or gardens.
Couples can enjoy candlelit dinners at The Trysting Place or the Terrace Restaurant, or relax with a glass of wine or fruity cocktail at any of the three chic bars.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Facilities at the hotel include a PADI Scuba Centre, three swimming pools, a Jacuzzi, tennis courts, the luxury Spa in the Water Garden, and a watersports centre where loved up couples can go scuba diving, snorkelling, windsurfing, sailing and water skiing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...