McFly drummer Harry Judd Proposes to girlfriend during St Lucia Holidays
Harry Judd, the drummer from McFly and winner of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, has announced that he is engaged to his girlfriend Izzy Johnston, just days after he attended the wedding of fellow band mate Tom Fletcher. The 26-year-old popped the question to Izzy during their St Lucia holidays at the luxurious Rendezvous Hotel on Malabar beach.
Love is in the air for McFly band members this month as the drummer Harry Judd announced his engagement, just days after attending the wedding of his fellow band mate, Tom Fletcher.
The 26-year-old drummer proposed to his girlfriends Izzy Johnston during their St Lucia holidays at the boutique Rendezvous Hotel.
Harry announced the good news on Twitter last week saying: “Couldn't be happier! My beautiful @izzyeyesalight and I are engaged!
Thank you to @rendezvoushotel for making it so special! Xxx”
He added: “I liked it, so I put a ring on it. #engaged”
During their holidays in St Lucia, 27-year-old Izzy, wrote on Twitter: “So happy! My gorgeous @mcflyharry and I got engaged on the beach by candlelit dinner. I'm the luckiest girl to be marrying my best friend xx”
Image by: Best of St.Lucia, on Flickr
The couple have been together since 2005 after they met during McFly's tour and Haryy has been talking about popping the question since he won BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing last December.
Harry told a newspaper in December: “I absolutely know 100 per cent that in her I have found The One, and yes I do want marriage, kids, the whole deal with Izzy.”
The Rendezvous is one of the most luxurious couples-only St Lucia hotels and the perfect setting for a romantic proposal.
Located on Malabar beach on the north-west tip of the Caribbean island, the luxury hotel is set upon a two-mile beautiful white sand beach and offers breathtaking views of the sparkling Caribbean Sea and the neighbouring island of Martinique.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The family-run hotel is perfect for special holidays to St Lucia, romantic weddings, and long-awaited honeymoons. There couples can enjoy a superb environment that is made up of lush tropical gardens, a lazy river pool that runs through the resort and a pristine beach.
Guests can choose from a range of lavish guest rooms including Luxury Beach Front Suites, Beach Front Cottages, Luxury Beach Front Rooms, Seaside Suites, Verandah Suites, Premium Garden View Rooms and Garden Views Rooms.
The rooms are furnished with four-poster beds, marble bathrooms and private decks and balconies that offer beautiful views of the beach, turquoise ocean, or gardens.
Couples can enjoy candlelit dinners at The Trysting Place or the Terrace Restaurant, or relax with a glass of wine or fruity cocktail at any of the three chic bars.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Facilities at the hotel include a PADI Scuba Centre, three swimming pools, a Jacuzzi, tennis courts, the luxury Spa in the Water Garden, and a watersports centre where loved up couples can go scuba diving, snorkelling, windsurfing, sailing and water skiing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- Summer Sale with incredible savings of upto 45% in all room types until 3rd January 2019
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- Enjoy an array of both nature and culture excursions or relax at the Hotel Spa
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...