McFly drummer Harry Judd Proposes to girlfriend during St Lucia Holidays
Harry Judd, the drummer from McFly and winner of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, has announced that he is engaged to his girlfriend Izzy Johnston, just days after he attended the wedding of fellow band mate Tom Fletcher. The 26-year-old popped the question to Izzy during their St Lucia holidays at the luxurious Rendezvous Hotel on Malabar beach.
Love is in the air for McFly band members this month as the drummer Harry Judd announced his engagement, just days after attending the wedding of his fellow band mate, Tom Fletcher.
The 26-year-old drummer proposed to his girlfriends Izzy Johnston during their St Lucia holidays at the boutique Rendezvous Hotel.
Harry announced the good news on Twitter last week saying: “Couldn't be happier! My beautiful @izzyeyesalight and I are engaged!
Thank you to @rendezvoushotel for making it so special! Xxx”
He added: “I liked it, so I put a ring on it. #engaged”
During their holidays in St Lucia, 27-year-old Izzy, wrote on Twitter: “So happy! My gorgeous @mcflyharry and I got engaged on the beach by candlelit dinner. I'm the luckiest girl to be marrying my best friend xx”
Image by: Best of St.Lucia, on Flickr
The couple have been together since 2005 after they met during McFly's tour and Haryy has been talking about popping the question since he won BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing last December.
Harry told a newspaper in December: “I absolutely know 100 per cent that in her I have found The One, and yes I do want marriage, kids, the whole deal with Izzy.”
The Rendezvous is one of the most luxurious couples-only St Lucia hotels and the perfect setting for a romantic proposal.
Located on Malabar beach on the north-west tip of the Caribbean island, the luxury hotel is set upon a two-mile beautiful white sand beach and offers breathtaking views of the sparkling Caribbean Sea and the neighbouring island of Martinique.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The family-run hotel is perfect for special holidays to St Lucia, romantic weddings, and long-awaited honeymoons. There couples can enjoy a superb environment that is made up of lush tropical gardens, a lazy river pool that runs through the resort and a pristine beach.
Guests can choose from a range of lavish guest rooms including Luxury Beach Front Suites, Beach Front Cottages, Luxury Beach Front Rooms, Seaside Suites, Verandah Suites, Premium Garden View Rooms and Garden Views Rooms.
The rooms are furnished with four-poster beds, marble bathrooms and private decks and balconies that offer beautiful views of the beach, turquoise ocean, or gardens.
Couples can enjoy candlelit dinners at The Trysting Place or the Terrace Restaurant, or relax with a glass of wine or fruity cocktail at any of the three chic bars.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Facilities at the hotel include a PADI Scuba Centre, three swimming pools, a Jacuzzi, tennis courts, the luxury Spa in the Water Garden, and a watersports centre where loved up couples can go scuba diving, snorkelling, windsurfing, sailing and water skiing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Go for an all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save a fantastic 60%!! and book a Deluxe Garden View Splash and Get a Free Upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Splash
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Complimentary DOUBLE Room upgrade available when staying in a Verandah Suite
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...