Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas to Debut in Abu Dhabi This Winter
Royal Caribbean Cruises International will be offering Abu Dhabi holidays over the upcoming 2012/ 2013 season as it launches the Serenade of the Seas cruise liner in the Middle East. The vessel will replace the Brilliance of the Seas liner and after a complete renovation it is expected to bring over 42, 5000 cruise passengers to the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Royal Caribbean Cruises International has announced that the Serenade of the Seas liner will be replacing the Brilliance of the Seas this year as it makes its debut in the Middle East.
The vessel will be completely renovated and is expected to bring over 42, 500 passengers to cruising Abu Dhabi holidays during the upcoming 2012/ 2013 season.
Serenade of the Seas is scheduled to make 17 stops in the capital of the United Arab Emirates from January 2013, bringing a much-needed boost to Abu Dhabi’s cruise industry.
“The resilience of the Middle East market is very encouraging,” explained Helen Beck, the Regional Director of Royal Caribbean Cruises, for Europe, Middle East & Africa.
“Bringing a new-look Serenade of the Seas to the region is testament to that belief. She will undergo a complete renovation and will boast a number of new food and beverage outlets and attractions that haven’t been seen here.
“It will certainly up the game for the regional industry.”
Image by: eddylohse, on Flickr
Abu Dhabi’s newest cruise terminal at Mina Zayed Port in the northeast of the emirate will be accommodating the vessel this winter after it opened to tourists taking cruise holidays in the Middle East last October.
The tented terminal is located on the site of the former Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority visitor information centre and it spans 2,000 square-metres across two dedicated halls: one of which will be used as a luggage handling facility, and the other will be a passenger centre with facilities including a waiting lounge, security section, prayer rooms, currency exchange, visitor information centre and custom and immigration control facilities for tourists arriving to and from their holidays in Abu Dhabi.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The Mina Zayed terminal can simultaneously accommodate up to 1, 300 passengers going on holidays to Abu Dhabi and as well as excellent facilities, the terminal offers traditional heritage activities including henna painting for ladies and a falconry photographer stand in the Arabian majlis-inspired waiting room.
During an Abu Dhabi holiday, cruise passengers can visit the emirate’s sandy beaches and explore a variety of attractions such as the magnificent Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Khalifa Park, the waterfront, the Marina Mall and the Abu Dhabi Mall.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Enjoy golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Free Half Board Included in this amazing offer
Enjoy your stay in Abu Dhabi at Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri with stunning views of Abu Dhabi's landmark
- Enjoy stunning views of the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque
- Relax on the private beach at the resort and at the luxurious Spa
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade on selected dates
- Walking distance to Abu Dhabi's duty free shopping malls and historial area
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Camp
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...