JW Marriott's First Caribbean hotel To Open for luxury Dominican Republic Holidays in 2014
The Caribbean's first JW Marriott hotel will open to tourists taking Dominican Republic holidays in 2014. The 131-room hotel will be launched in Santo Domingo and will be located above the luxury Blue Mall Santo Domingo shopping mall.
The first JW Marriott hotel in the Dominican Republic is scheduled to open in the nation’s capitol city Santa Domingo in 2014.
This will be the first JW Marriot hotel that will cater for Dominican Republic holidays and the property will have 131 rooms and suites, an all day restaurant, a lobby bar, a sophisticated lounge, a snack bar, a grand ballroom, a swimming pool and a fitness centre.
The hotel will occupy the first seven floors of a 15-floor tower building which is located above the Blue Mall Santo Domingo; an upscale shopping centre with luxury stores and boutiques including Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Salvatore Ferragamo and Carolina Herrera.
The Dominican Republic is an island nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The country shares the island with Haiti and is considered to be one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean region with its breathtaking natural landscapes comprising mountains, lakes, winding rivers, white sand beaches and warm turquoise ocean waters.
Santa Domingo is the colonial capital city of the Dominican Republic and it is a popular destination for travellers going on holidays to the Dominican Republic due to its historic and cultural heritage.
Image by: Goku_Abreu, on Flickr
The Caribbean city is divided by the Ozama River and features old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury Santo Domingo hotels, and casinos. Visitors can visit several historic monuments and tourist attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
Santo Domingo’s Colonial Zone boasts examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents such as the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums including Alcázar de Colón, Museum of Duarte, and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which becomes a vibrant rum bar after hours.
The Malecon Boulevard is lined with nightclubs, casinos, restaurants, cafes and museums and is perfect for experiencing the local lifestyle, cuisine and entertainment.
Image by: enfi, on Flickr
When holidaymakers have tired themselves out after exploring the city, they can head to the region’s white sand beaches and enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, windsurfing and sailing activities during holidays in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...