JW Marriott's First Caribbean hotel To Open for luxury Dominican Republic Holidays in 2014
The Caribbean's first JW Marriott hotel will open to tourists taking Dominican Republic holidays in 2014. The 131-room hotel will be launched in Santo Domingo and will be located above the luxury Blue Mall Santo Domingo shopping mall.
The first JW Marriott hotel in the Dominican Republic is scheduled to open in the nation’s capitol city Santa Domingo in 2014.
This will be the first JW Marriot hotel that will cater for Dominican Republic holidays and the property will have 131 rooms and suites, an all day restaurant, a lobby bar, a sophisticated lounge, a snack bar, a grand ballroom, a swimming pool and a fitness centre.
The hotel will occupy the first seven floors of a 15-floor tower building which is located above the Blue Mall Santo Domingo; an upscale shopping centre with luxury stores and boutiques including Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Salvatore Ferragamo and Carolina Herrera.
The Dominican Republic is an island nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The country shares the island with Haiti and is considered to be one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean region with its breathtaking natural landscapes comprising mountains, lakes, winding rivers, white sand beaches and warm turquoise ocean waters.
Santa Domingo is the colonial capital city of the Dominican Republic and it is a popular destination for travellers going on holidays to the Dominican Republic due to its historic and cultural heritage.
Image by: Goku_Abreu, on Flickr
The Caribbean city is divided by the Ozama River and features old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury Santo Domingo hotels, and casinos. Visitors can visit several historic monuments and tourist attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
Santo Domingo’s Colonial Zone boasts examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents such as the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums including Alcázar de Colón, Museum of Duarte, and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which becomes a vibrant rum bar after hours.
The Malecon Boulevard is lined with nightclubs, casinos, restaurants, cafes and museums and is perfect for experiencing the local lifestyle, cuisine and entertainment.
Image by: enfi, on Flickr
When holidaymakers have tired themselves out after exploring the city, they can head to the region’s white sand beaches and enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, windsurfing and sailing activities during holidays in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...