JW Marriott's First Caribbean hotel To Open for luxury Dominican Republic Holidays in 2014
The Caribbean's first JW Marriott hotel will open to tourists taking Dominican Republic holidays in 2014. The 131-room hotel will be launched in Santo Domingo and will be located above the luxury Blue Mall Santo Domingo shopping mall.
The first JW Marriott hotel in the Dominican Republic is scheduled to open in the nation’s capitol city Santa Domingo in 2014.
This will be the first JW Marriot hotel that will cater for Dominican Republic holidays and the property will have 131 rooms and suites, an all day restaurant, a lobby bar, a sophisticated lounge, a snack bar, a grand ballroom, a swimming pool and a fitness centre.
The hotel will occupy the first seven floors of a 15-floor tower building which is located above the Blue Mall Santo Domingo; an upscale shopping centre with luxury stores and boutiques including Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Salvatore Ferragamo and Carolina Herrera.
The Dominican Republic is an island nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The country shares the island with Haiti and is considered to be one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean region with its breathtaking natural landscapes comprising mountains, lakes, winding rivers, white sand beaches and warm turquoise ocean waters.
Santa Domingo is the colonial capital city of the Dominican Republic and it is a popular destination for travellers going on holidays to the Dominican Republic due to its historic and cultural heritage.
Image by: Goku_Abreu, on Flickr
The Caribbean city is divided by the Ozama River and features old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury Santo Domingo hotels, and casinos. Visitors can visit several historic monuments and tourist attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
Santo Domingo’s Colonial Zone boasts examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents such as the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums including Alcázar de Colón, Museum of Duarte, and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which becomes a vibrant rum bar after hours.
The Malecon Boulevard is lined with nightclubs, casinos, restaurants, cafes and museums and is perfect for experiencing the local lifestyle, cuisine and entertainment.
Image by: enfi, on Flickr
When holidaymakers have tired themselves out after exploring the city, they can head to the region’s white sand beaches and enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, windsurfing and sailing activities during holidays in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...