JW Marriott's First Caribbean hotel To Open for luxury Dominican Republic Holidays in 2014
The Caribbean's first JW Marriott hotel will open to tourists taking Dominican Republic holidays in 2014. The 131-room hotel will be launched in Santo Domingo and will be located above the luxury Blue Mall Santo Domingo shopping mall.
The first JW Marriott hotel in the Dominican Republic is scheduled to open in the nation’s capitol city Santa Domingo in 2014.
This will be the first JW Marriot hotel that will cater for Dominican Republic holidays and the property will have 131 rooms and suites, an all day restaurant, a lobby bar, a sophisticated lounge, a snack bar, a grand ballroom, a swimming pool and a fitness centre.
The hotel will occupy the first seven floors of a 15-floor tower building which is located above the Blue Mall Santo Domingo; an upscale shopping centre with luxury stores and boutiques including Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Salvatore Ferragamo and Carolina Herrera.
The Dominican Republic is an island nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The country shares the island with Haiti and is considered to be one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Caribbean region with its breathtaking natural landscapes comprising mountains, lakes, winding rivers, white sand beaches and warm turquoise ocean waters.
Santa Domingo is the colonial capital city of the Dominican Republic and it is a popular destination for travellers going on holidays to the Dominican Republic due to its historic and cultural heritage.
Image by: Goku_Abreu, on Flickr
The Caribbean city is divided by the Ozama River and features old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury Santo Domingo hotels, and casinos. Visitors can visit several historic monuments and tourist attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
Santo Domingo’s Colonial Zone boasts examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents such as the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums including Alcázar de Colón, Museum of Duarte, and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which becomes a vibrant rum bar after hours.
The Malecon Boulevard is lined with nightclubs, casinos, restaurants, cafes and museums and is perfect for experiencing the local lifestyle, cuisine and entertainment.
Image by: enfi, on Flickr
When holidaymakers have tired themselves out after exploring the city, they can head to the region’s white sand beaches and enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, windsurfing and sailing activities during holidays in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...