International Expeditions now licenced to take U.S. citizens on "people to people" Cuba holidays
International Expeditions is one of the latest U.S. based travel firms to gain its licence from the U.S. Treasury Department to take American citizens on structured cultural "people to people" Cuba holidays. Tours begin as early as the 7th June 2012.
International Expeditions (IE) has proudly announced that it is the latest of a handful of U.S. travel firms to be granted a license by the U.S. Treasury Department to take U.S. citizens to their cultural "people to people" Cuba holidays.
IE will begin operating its Cuba tours from as early as the 7th June with other departures on the 14th and 21st June 2012. Van Perry, president of IE stated, "We are excited to have been selected to hold a people-to-people license for Cuba... This will allow IE guests to experience the same level of service and immense expertise in Cuba that they have experienced when traveling with us worldwide".
While, over the years, many U.S. citizens have dreamed of booking their holidays to Cuba, travel to the Caribbean island has been restricted by previous U.S. administrations. However, fortunately for those craving the opportunity to visit one of the most enigmatic islands in the Caribbean, the Obama administration has introduced policies which have led to a "liberalisation of travel to Cuba".
The current guidelines now enable U.S. citizens to take what is being termed as purposeful "people to people" visits to Cuba aimed at increasing personal contact and understanding between the two nations. While the current rules clearly prevent U.S. holidaymakers from enjoying a luxurious sun sea and sand Caribbean holiday experience in Cuba, the "people to people" policy has served to open up the eyes of the world to the value in visiting Cuba purely to experience its rich cultural heritage.
Specialising in nature travel, IE has put its own unique twist on the "people to people" policy with a focus on "interaction with Cuban naturalists, botanists and conservation groups". During the course of the 10 day itinerary travellers will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet with the Soledad Botanical Garden's local botanists and staff as well as visit the Zapata Wetlands with Cuban birdwatchers.
IE co-founder and Executive Director, Steven Cox, underscored the value of the current "people to people" stipulation stating,
"Engaging and interesting people-to-people programming has the power to connect us like few other things... Imagine sitting at a table with locals in a Cuban village, and instead of discussing issues that divide our two lands, you have a conversation over a piece of pie and cup of coffee. What you get isn't political debate, but instead a dialog about family, friends and what really connects us".
Prices for booking this package Cuba holidays experience in June 2012 with IE starts from $3898 (costs exclude airfare).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...