International Expeditions now licenced to take U.S. citizens on "people to people" Cuba holidays
International Expeditions is one of the latest U.S. based travel firms to gain its licence from the U.S. Treasury Department to take American citizens on structured cultural "people to people" Cuba holidays. Tours begin as early as the 7th June 2012.
International Expeditions (IE) has proudly announced that it is the latest of a handful of U.S. travel firms to be granted a license by the U.S. Treasury Department to take U.S. citizens to their cultural "people to people" Cuba holidays.
IE will begin operating its Cuba tours from as early as the 7th June with other departures on the 14th and 21st June 2012. Van Perry, president of IE stated, "We are excited to have been selected to hold a people-to-people license for Cuba... This will allow IE guests to experience the same level of service and immense expertise in Cuba that they have experienced when traveling with us worldwide".
While, over the years, many U.S. citizens have dreamed of booking their holidays to Cuba, travel to the Caribbean island has been restricted by previous U.S. administrations. However, fortunately for those craving the opportunity to visit one of the most enigmatic islands in the Caribbean, the Obama administration has introduced policies which have led to a "liberalisation of travel to Cuba".
The current guidelines now enable U.S. citizens to take what is being termed as purposeful "people to people" visits to Cuba aimed at increasing personal contact and understanding between the two nations. While the current rules clearly prevent U.S. holidaymakers from enjoying a luxurious sun sea and sand Caribbean holiday experience in Cuba, the "people to people" policy has served to open up the eyes of the world to the value in visiting Cuba purely to experience its rich cultural heritage.
Specialising in nature travel, IE has put its own unique twist on the "people to people" policy with a focus on "interaction with Cuban naturalists, botanists and conservation groups". During the course of the 10 day itinerary travellers will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet with the Soledad Botanical Garden's local botanists and staff as well as visit the Zapata Wetlands with Cuban birdwatchers.
IE co-founder and Executive Director, Steven Cox, underscored the value of the current "people to people" stipulation stating,
"Engaging and interesting people-to-people programming has the power to connect us like few other things... Imagine sitting at a table with locals in a Cuban village, and instead of discussing issues that divide our two lands, you have a conversation over a piece of pie and cup of coffee. What you get isn't political debate, but instead a dialog about family, friends and what really connects us".
Prices for booking this package Cuba holidays experience in June 2012 with IE starts from $3898 (costs exclude airfare).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...