International Expeditions now licenced to take U.S. citizens on "people to people" Cuba holidays
International Expeditions is one of the latest U.S. based travel firms to gain its licence from the U.S. Treasury Department to take American citizens on structured cultural "people to people" Cuba holidays. Tours begin as early as the 7th June 2012.
International Expeditions (IE) has proudly announced that it is the latest of a handful of U.S. travel firms to be granted a license by the U.S. Treasury Department to take U.S. citizens to their cultural "people to people" Cuba holidays.
IE will begin operating its Cuba tours from as early as the 7th June with other departures on the 14th and 21st June 2012. Van Perry, president of IE stated, "We are excited to have been selected to hold a people-to-people license for Cuba... This will allow IE guests to experience the same level of service and immense expertise in Cuba that they have experienced when traveling with us worldwide".
While, over the years, many U.S. citizens have dreamed of booking their holidays to Cuba, travel to the Caribbean island has been restricted by previous U.S. administrations. However, fortunately for those craving the opportunity to visit one of the most enigmatic islands in the Caribbean, the Obama administration has introduced policies which have led to a "liberalisation of travel to Cuba".
The current guidelines now enable U.S. citizens to take what is being termed as purposeful "people to people" visits to Cuba aimed at increasing personal contact and understanding between the two nations. While the current rules clearly prevent U.S. holidaymakers from enjoying a luxurious sun sea and sand Caribbean holiday experience in Cuba, the "people to people" policy has served to open up the eyes of the world to the value in visiting Cuba purely to experience its rich cultural heritage.
Specialising in nature travel, IE has put its own unique twist on the "people to people" policy with a focus on "interaction with Cuban naturalists, botanists and conservation groups". During the course of the 10 day itinerary travellers will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet with the Soledad Botanical Garden's local botanists and staff as well as visit the Zapata Wetlands with Cuban birdwatchers.
IE co-founder and Executive Director, Steven Cox, underscored the value of the current "people to people" stipulation stating,
"Engaging and interesting people-to-people programming has the power to connect us like few other things... Imagine sitting at a table with locals in a Cuban village, and instead of discussing issues that divide our two lands, you have a conversation over a piece of pie and cup of coffee. What you get isn't political debate, but instead a dialog about family, friends and what really connects us".
Prices for booking this package Cuba holidays experience in June 2012 with IE starts from $3898 (costs exclude airfare).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...