International Expeditions now licenced to take U.S. citizens on "people to people" Cuba holidays
International Expeditions is one of the latest U.S. based travel firms to gain its licence from the U.S. Treasury Department to take American citizens on structured cultural "people to people" Cuba holidays. Tours begin as early as the 7th June 2012.
International Expeditions (IE) has proudly announced that it is the latest of a handful of U.S. travel firms to be granted a license by the U.S. Treasury Department to take U.S. citizens to their cultural "people to people" Cuba holidays.
IE will begin operating its Cuba tours from as early as the 7th June with other departures on the 14th and 21st June 2012. Van Perry, president of IE stated, "We are excited to have been selected to hold a people-to-people license for Cuba... This will allow IE guests to experience the same level of service and immense expertise in Cuba that they have experienced when traveling with us worldwide".
While, over the years, many U.S. citizens have dreamed of booking their holidays to Cuba, travel to the Caribbean island has been restricted by previous U.S. administrations. However, fortunately for those craving the opportunity to visit one of the most enigmatic islands in the Caribbean, the Obama administration has introduced policies which have led to a "liberalisation of travel to Cuba".
The current guidelines now enable U.S. citizens to take what is being termed as purposeful "people to people" visits to Cuba aimed at increasing personal contact and understanding between the two nations. While the current rules clearly prevent U.S. holidaymakers from enjoying a luxurious sun sea and sand Caribbean holiday experience in Cuba, the "people to people" policy has served to open up the eyes of the world to the value in visiting Cuba purely to experience its rich cultural heritage.
Specialising in nature travel, IE has put its own unique twist on the "people to people" policy with a focus on "interaction with Cuban naturalists, botanists and conservation groups". During the course of the 10 day itinerary travellers will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet with the Soledad Botanical Garden's local botanists and staff as well as visit the Zapata Wetlands with Cuban birdwatchers.
IE co-founder and Executive Director, Steven Cox, underscored the value of the current "people to people" stipulation stating,
"Engaging and interesting people-to-people programming has the power to connect us like few other things... Imagine sitting at a table with locals in a Cuban village, and instead of discussing issues that divide our two lands, you have a conversation over a piece of pie and cup of coffee. What you get isn't political debate, but instead a dialog about family, friends and what really connects us".
Prices for booking this package Cuba holidays experience in June 2012 with IE starts from $3898 (costs exclude airfare).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...