Fort Lauderdale Launches Two New Weekly Flights to Cuba
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in the U.S has added two additional direct charter flights per week to the Caribbean island of Cuba through Airline Brokers Co. to keep up with demand as more American travellers book Cuba holidays.
Charter operator, Airline Brokers Co. has added two new flights between Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport and the island of Cuba to keep up with the growing demand of U.S. holidaymakers.
As more American travellers book Cuba holidays under the new U.S law ammendment, the charter company decided to end two of its Miami-Cuba flights and add two new services to Cuba from Fort Lauderdale. One flight will take passengers to the island’s capital city of Havana, while the other route will go to the city of Cienfuegos; a first for Airline Brokers Co.
Using JetBlue Airways planes for the new Cuba flights, the new Cienfuegos route will depart from Fort Lauderdale at 3.15pm on Tuesdays and the Havana flights will also depart the U.S airport on Tuesdays at 11am.
Since launching the first Fort Lauderdale-Cuba route in September last year, Airline Brokers Co. has seen a large number of Cuban-American travellers taking holidays to Cuba to visit friends and family.
Last year, U.S President Barack Obama eased the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents and tourists can now take holidays in Cuba for cultural, religious, academic, professional and educational reasons.
Image by: ipuec104, on Flickr
Commercial flights are still banned to and from Cuba but the relaxed rules and licensed charter company tours will give many visitors from the United States the chance to go on holiday to the "forbidden country" and explore the beautiful Caribbean island for the first time in decades.
Until recently, the only airports that were allowed to offer direct flights to Cuba were in Los Angeles, New York and Miami but the new law has enabled many other U.S airports to launch routes to the island.
These airports now include Tampa International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International; Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport; Dallas Fort Worth International; Louis Armstrong New Orleans International; O'Hare International in Chicago; Pittsburgh International, and San Juan Louis Munoz Marin International in Puerto Rico.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island of Cuba is rich in culture, heritage and history. The country boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Earlier this month, the island announced that it had received its first million visitors this year ahead of its original target. Tourism officials are confident that the island will receive 2.9 visitors by the end of 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...