Fort Lauderdale Launches Two New Weekly Flights to Cuba
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in the U.S has added two additional direct charter flights per week to the Caribbean island of Cuba through Airline Brokers Co. to keep up with demand as more American travellers book Cuba holidays.
Charter operator, Airline Brokers Co. has added two new flights between Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport and the island of Cuba to keep up with the growing demand of U.S. holidaymakers.
As more American travellers book Cuba holidays under the new U.S law ammendment, the charter company decided to end two of its Miami-Cuba flights and add two new services to Cuba from Fort Lauderdale. One flight will take passengers to the island’s capital city of Havana, while the other route will go to the city of Cienfuegos; a first for Airline Brokers Co.
Using JetBlue Airways planes for the new Cuba flights, the new Cienfuegos route will depart from Fort Lauderdale at 3.15pm on Tuesdays and the Havana flights will also depart the U.S airport on Tuesdays at 11am.
Since launching the first Fort Lauderdale-Cuba route in September last year, Airline Brokers Co. has seen a large number of Cuban-American travellers taking holidays to Cuba to visit friends and family.
Last year, U.S President Barack Obama eased the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents and tourists can now take holidays in Cuba for cultural, religious, academic, professional and educational reasons.
Image by: ipuec104, on Flickr
Commercial flights are still banned to and from Cuba but the relaxed rules and licensed charter company tours will give many visitors from the United States the chance to go on holiday to the "forbidden country" and explore the beautiful Caribbean island for the first time in decades.
Until recently, the only airports that were allowed to offer direct flights to Cuba were in Los Angeles, New York and Miami but the new law has enabled many other U.S airports to launch routes to the island.
These airports now include Tampa International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International; Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport; Dallas Fort Worth International; Louis Armstrong New Orleans International; O'Hare International in Chicago; Pittsburgh International, and San Juan Louis Munoz Marin International in Puerto Rico.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island of Cuba is rich in culture, heritage and history. The country boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Earlier this month, the island announced that it had received its first million visitors this year ahead of its original target. Tourism officials are confident that the island will receive 2.9 visitors by the end of 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...