Fort Lauderdale Launches Two New Weekly Flights to Cuba
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in the U.S has added two additional direct charter flights per week to the Caribbean island of Cuba through Airline Brokers Co. to keep up with demand as more American travellers book Cuba holidays.
Charter operator, Airline Brokers Co. has added two new flights between Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport and the island of Cuba to keep up with the growing demand of U.S. holidaymakers.
As more American travellers book Cuba holidays under the new U.S law ammendment, the charter company decided to end two of its Miami-Cuba flights and add two new services to Cuba from Fort Lauderdale. One flight will take passengers to the island’s capital city of Havana, while the other route will go to the city of Cienfuegos; a first for Airline Brokers Co.
Using JetBlue Airways planes for the new Cuba flights, the new Cienfuegos route will depart from Fort Lauderdale at 3.15pm on Tuesdays and the Havana flights will also depart the U.S airport on Tuesdays at 11am.
Since launching the first Fort Lauderdale-Cuba route in September last year, Airline Brokers Co. has seen a large number of Cuban-American travellers taking holidays to Cuba to visit friends and family.
Last year, U.S President Barack Obama eased the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents and tourists can now take holidays in Cuba for cultural, religious, academic, professional and educational reasons.
Image by: ipuec104, on Flickr
Commercial flights are still banned to and from Cuba but the relaxed rules and licensed charter company tours will give many visitors from the United States the chance to go on holiday to the "forbidden country" and explore the beautiful Caribbean island for the first time in decades.
Until recently, the only airports that were allowed to offer direct flights to Cuba were in Los Angeles, New York and Miami but the new law has enabled many other U.S airports to launch routes to the island.
These airports now include Tampa International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International; Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport; Dallas Fort Worth International; Louis Armstrong New Orleans International; O'Hare International in Chicago; Pittsburgh International, and San Juan Louis Munoz Marin International in Puerto Rico.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island of Cuba is rich in culture, heritage and history. The country boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Earlier this month, the island announced that it had received its first million visitors this year ahead of its original target. Tourism officials are confident that the island will receive 2.9 visitors by the end of 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...