Fort Lauderdale Launches Two New Weekly Flights to Cuba
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in the U.S has added two additional direct charter flights per week to the Caribbean island of Cuba through Airline Brokers Co. to keep up with demand as more American travellers book Cuba holidays.
Charter operator, Airline Brokers Co. has added two new flights between Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport and the island of Cuba to keep up with the growing demand of U.S. holidaymakers.
As more American travellers book Cuba holidays under the new U.S law ammendment, the charter company decided to end two of its Miami-Cuba flights and add two new services to Cuba from Fort Lauderdale. One flight will take passengers to the island’s capital city of Havana, while the other route will go to the city of Cienfuegos; a first for Airline Brokers Co.
Using JetBlue Airways planes for the new Cuba flights, the new Cienfuegos route will depart from Fort Lauderdale at 3.15pm on Tuesdays and the Havana flights will also depart the U.S airport on Tuesdays at 11am.
Since launching the first Fort Lauderdale-Cuba route in September last year, Airline Brokers Co. has seen a large number of Cuban-American travellers taking holidays to Cuba to visit friends and family.
Last year, U.S President Barack Obama eased the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents and tourists can now take holidays in Cuba for cultural, religious, academic, professional and educational reasons.
Image by: ipuec104, on Flickr
Commercial flights are still banned to and from Cuba but the relaxed rules and licensed charter company tours will give many visitors from the United States the chance to go on holiday to the "forbidden country" and explore the beautiful Caribbean island for the first time in decades.
Until recently, the only airports that were allowed to offer direct flights to Cuba were in Los Angeles, New York and Miami but the new law has enabled many other U.S airports to launch routes to the island.
These airports now include Tampa International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International; Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport; Dallas Fort Worth International; Louis Armstrong New Orleans International; O'Hare International in Chicago; Pittsburgh International, and San Juan Louis Munoz Marin International in Puerto Rico.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island of Cuba is rich in culture, heritage and history. The country boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Earlier this month, the island announced that it had received its first million visitors this year ahead of its original target. Tourism officials are confident that the island will receive 2.9 visitors by the end of 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...