Fort Lauderdale Launches Two New Weekly Flights to Cuba
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in the U.S has added two additional direct charter flights per week to the Caribbean island of Cuba through Airline Brokers Co. to keep up with demand as more American travellers book Cuba holidays.
Charter operator, Airline Brokers Co. has added two new flights between Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport and the island of Cuba to keep up with the growing demand of U.S. holidaymakers.
As more American travellers book Cuba holidays under the new U.S law ammendment, the charter company decided to end two of its Miami-Cuba flights and add two new services to Cuba from Fort Lauderdale. One flight will take passengers to the island’s capital city of Havana, while the other route will go to the city of Cienfuegos; a first for Airline Brokers Co.
Using JetBlue Airways planes for the new Cuba flights, the new Cienfuegos route will depart from Fort Lauderdale at 3.15pm on Tuesdays and the Havana flights will also depart the U.S airport on Tuesdays at 11am.
Since launching the first Fort Lauderdale-Cuba route in September last year, Airline Brokers Co. has seen a large number of Cuban-American travellers taking holidays to Cuba to visit friends and family.
Last year, U.S President Barack Obama eased the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents and tourists can now take holidays in Cuba for cultural, religious, academic, professional and educational reasons.
Image by: ipuec104, on Flickr
Commercial flights are still banned to and from Cuba but the relaxed rules and licensed charter company tours will give many visitors from the United States the chance to go on holiday to the "forbidden country" and explore the beautiful Caribbean island for the first time in decades.
Until recently, the only airports that were allowed to offer direct flights to Cuba were in Los Angeles, New York and Miami but the new law has enabled many other U.S airports to launch routes to the island.
These airports now include Tampa International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International; Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport; Dallas Fort Worth International; Louis Armstrong New Orleans International; O'Hare International in Chicago; Pittsburgh International, and San Juan Louis Munoz Marin International in Puerto Rico.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico, the communist island of Cuba is rich in culture, heritage and history. The country boasts beautiful white and golden sand beaches, luxury Cuba hotels, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Earlier this month, the island announced that it had received its first million visitors this year ahead of its original target. Tourism officials are confident that the island will receive 2.9 visitors by the end of 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- The first 30 bookings for travel in September or October will also get free upgrades to Sea View rooms in both hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...