Seychelles Celebrates Record-Breaking Visitor Arrivals in February 2012
The Seychelles is celebrating a fantastic start to the year after new statistics revealed its best ever February. The country recorded 16,116 travellers going on Seychelles holidays last month which is an eight per cent increase on the same month in 2011.
The Seychelles has celebrated its most successful February ever in terms of visitor arrivals with an eight per cent increase in the number of travellers compared to the same month in 2011.
Last month, 16,116 tourists took Seychelles holidays to relax on the nation’s unspoilt white sand beaches, swim in the turquoise ocean and party at the annual Carnival International de Victoria.
Alain St Ange, the Minister for Tourism and Culture in the Seychelles, explained that the carnival helped attract more visitors this year.
“This is a fact, and this is one of the reasons why the annual carnival is staged in Seychelles", he said.
“The carnival will bring in visitors, and they will stay in hotel accommodation in Seychelles. Some hotel entrepreneurs were on the ball and moved to attract the carnival delegations to their properties, and these hotels and guesthouses enjoyed a week of extremely high occupancy levels.”
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Several events have been added to the country’s calendar this year to encourage more tourists to book holidays in the Seychelles. These include SUBIOS, the Festival of the Sea; A Seychelles Ball; a Miss Seychelles pageant; a revamped La Digue Island annual 15th August Feast of the Virgin Mary; an Eco Healing Friendly Marathon; the Bashmet annual classical concert; and Marlin and Sailfish Competitions.
Mr St.Ange added: “We are a country with diversity and proud to be the melting pot of cultures. We have historical links with our past that need to be harnessed. We will now work to unlock all our cultural potentials and through our Celebrate Seychelles Events Department, bring our cultural assets to the front and make then truly unique selling points of our country.”
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The Seychelles is an archipelago of 115 islands situated in the Indian Ocean, 900 miles east of Madagascar.
The island nation boasts stunning landscapes such as white sand, palm-fringed beaches, crystal-clear azure ocean waters and lagoons, and lush green forests. During holidays in the Seychelles, holidaymakers can discover the colourful coral reefs and underwater gardens beneath the surface of the ocean; go island-hopping on a boat; trek through thriving nature parks; explore historical sites and monuments; play golf; and indulge in luxury spas.
Tourists can choose from a wide range of Seychelles hotels including upscale beachfront resorts, beach bungalows, water villas, small B&Bs, exclusive island retreats and self-catering apartments and chalets.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...