World Travel Awards Unveils 2012 Middle East Nominees
The Middle East nominees of the World Travel Awards 2012 have been unveiled with the Middle East Ceremony taking place on 30 April 2012. Nominees include leading companies servicing the Dubai holidays market like Etihad Airways, Jumeirah and Rotana Hotels
The travel and tourism industry in the Middle East is gearing up for the World Travel Awards Middle East Ceremony next month and the list of regional nominees has been unveiled.
Leading companies that operate in the Dubai holidays market for regional and international travellers have been nominated for awards and include Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Rotana Hotels, Etihad Airways and FlyDubai.
Widely known as “the Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards recognise the best hotels and resorts, airlines, tour operators, tourism authorities, ski resorts, cruise ships in countries across the world in over 900 categories.
The Middle East Ceremony will honour the leading companies across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Jordan, Egypt and many more countries on 30th April, 2012 at one of the leading Dubai hotels, Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Online voting has now opened and members of the public and the travel trade are being encouraged to vote for their favourite airlines, tourism boards and hotels in the Middle East. The categories range from top resorts for family-friendly Abu Dhabi holidays and the most luxurious hotels for holidays in Dubai, to the best First Class cabins on flights and the top Tourism Associations.
The founder of the World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, explained: “As the tension surrounding the regional ceremonies builds, we are looking forward to revealing the leading players and tracking their progress as they head to our Grand Final 2012 in December.
“In these times of global economic austerity, the ability to pinpoint quality travel products remains paramount to both business and consumer travellers.”
This year, there has been a 17 per cent increase in the number of self-nominating companies who want to be in with a chance of winning a prestigious award.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
“Winning a World Travel Award is a brand’s gold seal of travel excellence, which is why our 2012 programme has attracted a record number of nominees,” Cooke added.
The World Travel Awards Grand Tour 2012 will be holding its regional ceremonies in Dubai (Middle East), Singapore (Asia & Australasia), Nairobi in Kenya ( Africa and Indian Ocean), and Turks and Caicos (Caribbean and the Americas).
The Grand Final Ceremony will take place at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, New Delhi, India in December where they winners of the regional heats will battle it out for the top awards.
Approximately 5,000 travel and tourism companies and organisations from 162 countries across the world will be competing this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...