Lionel Richie Confirmed to Headline St Lucia Jazz Festival 2012
American award-winning singer Lionel Richie will be headlining the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2012. Tourists planning St Lucia holidays during the 21st annual festival will have the chance to see him take centre stage on Pigeon Island on Sunday 13th May.
As the St Lucia Jazz Festival enters its 21st year, American singer and songwriter, Lionel Richie will be headlining the event on Sunday 13th May, 2012.
Famous for songs including “Hello” and “All night Long”, Grammy award-winner Richie will be performing several of his hits on the stage on Pigeon Island in front of hundreds of local islanders and tourists enjoying St Lucia holidays.
The St Lucia Festival will take place from 30th April to 13th May, 2012 and will feature performances by Ziggy Marley, the son of reggae star Bob Marley; R&B singer Keri Hilson; The Gypsy Kings; and jazz musician Joshua Redman.
St Lucia hotels are expected to be packed and booked at full capacity as tourists from all over the world flock to the Caribbean island to watch performances from over 50 local, national and international music artists.
The festival is spread all over the island in villages, beaches, parks, on the waterfront at Pointe Seraphine, and on Pigeon Island.
Image by: Stefano arthurohm, on Flickr
Holidaymakers will be treated to some fantastic music during St. Lucia holidays and the event will feature a blend of traditional jazz, fusion, rhythm and blues, acoustical jazz, French and Latin music and reggae in a selection of venues, from open-air park locations and picnic events, to late nightclub performances.
Over the last 20 years, the festival has seen shows from Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Air Supply, John Legend, Rihanna, Santana, UB40, Kassav, and Pattie LaBelle.
This year, the festival will be opened on the 30th April with music from Busy Signal, Teddyson John, Fay Ann and Bunji Garlin at the Mindoo Phillip Park cricket stadium located in Castries.
Image by: jackiesheeran, on Flickr
Whether tourists are enjoying holidays in St Lucia in Soufriere or Rodney Bay, there will plenty of diverse musical entertainment throughout the two-week event.
The island is a popular destination for honeymoons and weddings as well as luxury holidays and St Lucia boasts an array of beautiful natural landscapes including the majestic Pitons, rolling lush green hills, tropical rainforests, white sand beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters.
During holidays to St Lucia, visitors can head to one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach, the harbour town and capital city, Castries, and Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 70% up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....