Lionel Richie Confirmed to Headline St Lucia Jazz Festival 2012
American award-winning singer Lionel Richie will be headlining the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2012. Tourists planning St Lucia holidays during the 21st annual festival will have the chance to see him take centre stage on Pigeon Island on Sunday 13th May.
As the St Lucia Jazz Festival enters its 21st year, American singer and songwriter, Lionel Richie will be headlining the event on Sunday 13th May, 2012.
Famous for songs including “Hello” and “All night Long”, Grammy award-winner Richie will be performing several of his hits on the stage on Pigeon Island in front of hundreds of local islanders and tourists enjoying St Lucia holidays.
The St Lucia Festival will take place from 30th April to 13th May, 2012 and will feature performances by Ziggy Marley, the son of reggae star Bob Marley; R&B singer Keri Hilson; The Gypsy Kings; and jazz musician Joshua Redman.
St Lucia hotels are expected to be packed and booked at full capacity as tourists from all over the world flock to the Caribbean island to watch performances from over 50 local, national and international music artists.
The festival is spread all over the island in villages, beaches, parks, on the waterfront at Pointe Seraphine, and on Pigeon Island.
Image by: Stefano arthurohm, on Flickr
Holidaymakers will be treated to some fantastic music during St. Lucia holidays and the event will feature a blend of traditional jazz, fusion, rhythm and blues, acoustical jazz, French and Latin music and reggae in a selection of venues, from open-air park locations and picnic events, to late nightclub performances.
Over the last 20 years, the festival has seen shows from Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Air Supply, John Legend, Rihanna, Santana, UB40, Kassav, and Pattie LaBelle.
This year, the festival will be opened on the 30th April with music from Busy Signal, Teddyson John, Fay Ann and Bunji Garlin at the Mindoo Phillip Park cricket stadium located in Castries.
Image by: jackiesheeran, on Flickr
Whether tourists are enjoying holidays in St Lucia in Soufriere or Rodney Bay, there will plenty of diverse musical entertainment throughout the two-week event.
The island is a popular destination for honeymoons and weddings as well as luxury holidays and St Lucia boasts an array of beautiful natural landscapes including the majestic Pitons, rolling lush green hills, tropical rainforests, white sand beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters.
During holidays to St Lucia, visitors can head to one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach, the harbour town and capital city, Castries, and Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...