Lionel Richie Confirmed to Headline St Lucia Jazz Festival 2012
American award-winning singer Lionel Richie will be headlining the St Lucia Jazz Festival 2012. Tourists planning St Lucia holidays during the 21st annual festival will have the chance to see him take centre stage on Pigeon Island on Sunday 13th May.
As the St Lucia Jazz Festival enters its 21st year, American singer and songwriter, Lionel Richie will be headlining the event on Sunday 13th May, 2012.
Famous for songs including “Hello” and “All night Long”, Grammy award-winner Richie will be performing several of his hits on the stage on Pigeon Island in front of hundreds of local islanders and tourists enjoying St Lucia holidays.
The St Lucia Festival will take place from 30th April to 13th May, 2012 and will feature performances by Ziggy Marley, the son of reggae star Bob Marley; R&B singer Keri Hilson; The Gypsy Kings; and jazz musician Joshua Redman.
St Lucia hotels are expected to be packed and booked at full capacity as tourists from all over the world flock to the Caribbean island to watch performances from over 50 local, national and international music artists.
The festival is spread all over the island in villages, beaches, parks, on the waterfront at Pointe Seraphine, and on Pigeon Island.
Image by: Stefano arthurohm, on Flickr
Holidaymakers will be treated to some fantastic music during St. Lucia holidays and the event will feature a blend of traditional jazz, fusion, rhythm and blues, acoustical jazz, French and Latin music and reggae in a selection of venues, from open-air park locations and picnic events, to late nightclub performances.
Over the last 20 years, the festival has seen shows from Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Air Supply, John Legend, Rihanna, Santana, UB40, Kassav, and Pattie LaBelle.
This year, the festival will be opened on the 30th April with music from Busy Signal, Teddyson John, Fay Ann and Bunji Garlin at the Mindoo Phillip Park cricket stadium located in Castries.
Image by: jackiesheeran, on Flickr
Whether tourists are enjoying holidays in St Lucia in Soufriere or Rodney Bay, there will plenty of diverse musical entertainment throughout the two-week event.
The island is a popular destination for honeymoons and weddings as well as luxury holidays and St Lucia boasts an array of beautiful natural landscapes including the majestic Pitons, rolling lush green hills, tropical rainforests, white sand beaches and sparkling azure ocean waters.
During holidays to St Lucia, visitors can head to one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, the famous Anse Chastanet beach, the harbour town and capital city, Castries, and Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Escape to a vibrant resort nestled in St Lucia's most striking landscape - beautiful Labrelotte Bay; it's captivating for families and couples
- Book All Inclusive to include breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks & beverages, including alcohol (wine and sparkling wine by glass), access to both motorized & non motorized water sports and a tennis court
- Located in beautiful Labrelotte Bay on the island of Saint Lucia
- Enhancement sale: Massive Savings on Accomodation and Meal Upgrades of upto 56%
- 6 swimming pools including two children's swimming pools
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a free room upgrade and upto half price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 50% for travel in 2017 and 2018, Room upgrades or have Christmas on us!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...