Cuba holidays promoted during recent tourism fair in Belgium
During the Salon de Vacances tourism fair held in Belgium last week, Cuban tourism representatives worked hard to promote cultural Cuba holidays through a combination of visual aids, multimedia and leaflets highlighting the best and most authentic of Cuba
During this year's annual Belgian tourism fair, Salon de Vacances, a team of tourism representatives from Cuba attended the event to promote the Caribbean island's many tourism attributes and facilities to accommodate foreign visitors. According to an official statement released by the Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR), during the fair, Cuba's tourist board worked hard to highlight the best of Cuba and promote Cuba holidays for Belgian travellers, in the presence of travel industry experts.
The exhibition event was held last weekend at the Expo Brussels exhibition centre in the Belgian capital, and Cuba's presentation was one of the most successful, drawing large crowds of visitors interested in what Cuba holidays had to offer. The stand was one of the most visited during the event by industry professionals and the general public.
The note from MINTUR also added that Cuba had its own stand at the fair, perfectly designed for the purpose of promoting cultural holidays in Cuba with various images and posters depicting not only the beauty of Cuba's beaches but also its lush countryside and cultural sites of interest. The harmonic decor of the kiosk stood in line with the promotional campaign "Cuba For Real" (Autentica Cuba), a tourism campaign that aims to promote Cuba's cultural and historical values as well as its unique folklore and traditions. The stand was one of the most visited stands among Caribbean countries taking part in the event and many curious visitors crowded at Cuba's stand to learn more about cultural Cuba holidays.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cuba's cultural campaign highlights the best of Cuba's cultural richness, its traditions and the kind hospitality of its people and according to the Director of the Tourist Office of Cuba in Benelux, Fidel Enrique Rodriguez, this campaign has achieved massive success in Belgium since its launch in 2011.
Rodriguez, added that the current trend of the Belgian tourist market goes beyond enjoying the Cuba´s sun and beaches, with a marked interest in tailor-made holidays to Cuba with programmes that comprise history, culture, traditions and music, as well as architectural visits and exchanges with the Cuban people.
Image by: ulli_p, on Flickr
He also revealed that the Cuban stand aroused the interest of the Belgian market for Cuba as a tourist destination, and noted that in 2011 the number of Belgian tourists travelling to Cuba grew by 10 percent, compared to 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...