Cuba holidays promoted during recent tourism fair in Belgium
During the Salon de Vacances tourism fair held in Belgium last week, Cuban tourism representatives worked hard to promote cultural Cuba holidays through a combination of visual aids, multimedia and leaflets highlighting the best and most authentic of Cuba
During this year's annual Belgian tourism fair, Salon de Vacances, a team of tourism representatives from Cuba attended the event to promote the Caribbean island's many tourism attributes and facilities to accommodate foreign visitors. According to an official statement released by the Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR), during the fair, Cuba's tourist board worked hard to highlight the best of Cuba and promote Cuba holidays for Belgian travellers, in the presence of travel industry experts.
The exhibition event was held last weekend at the Expo Brussels exhibition centre in the Belgian capital, and Cuba's presentation was one of the most successful, drawing large crowds of visitors interested in what Cuba holidays had to offer. The stand was one of the most visited during the event by industry professionals and the general public.
The note from MINTUR also added that Cuba had its own stand at the fair, perfectly designed for the purpose of promoting cultural holidays in Cuba with various images and posters depicting not only the beauty of Cuba's beaches but also its lush countryside and cultural sites of interest. The harmonic decor of the kiosk stood in line with the promotional campaign "Cuba For Real" (Autentica Cuba), a tourism campaign that aims to promote Cuba's cultural and historical values as well as its unique folklore and traditions. The stand was one of the most visited stands among Caribbean countries taking part in the event and many curious visitors crowded at Cuba's stand to learn more about cultural Cuba holidays.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cuba's cultural campaign highlights the best of Cuba's cultural richness, its traditions and the kind hospitality of its people and according to the Director of the Tourist Office of Cuba in Benelux, Fidel Enrique Rodriguez, this campaign has achieved massive success in Belgium since its launch in 2011.
Rodriguez, added that the current trend of the Belgian tourist market goes beyond enjoying the Cuba´s sun and beaches, with a marked interest in tailor-made holidays to Cuba with programmes that comprise history, culture, traditions and music, as well as architectural visits and exchanges with the Cuban people.
Image by: ulli_p, on Flickr
He also revealed that the Cuban stand aroused the interest of the Belgian market for Cuba as a tourist destination, and noted that in 2011 the number of Belgian tourists travelling to Cuba grew by 10 percent, compared to 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...