Cuba holidays promoted during recent tourism fair in Belgium
During the Salon de Vacances tourism fair held in Belgium last week, Cuban tourism representatives worked hard to promote cultural Cuba holidays through a combination of visual aids, multimedia and leaflets highlighting the best and most authentic of Cuba
During this year's annual Belgian tourism fair, Salon de Vacances, a team of tourism representatives from Cuba attended the event to promote the Caribbean island's many tourism attributes and facilities to accommodate foreign visitors. According to an official statement released by the Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR), during the fair, Cuba's tourist board worked hard to highlight the best of Cuba and promote Cuba holidays for Belgian travellers, in the presence of travel industry experts.
The exhibition event was held last weekend at the Expo Brussels exhibition centre in the Belgian capital, and Cuba's presentation was one of the most successful, drawing large crowds of visitors interested in what Cuba holidays had to offer. The stand was one of the most visited during the event by industry professionals and the general public.
The note from MINTUR also added that Cuba had its own stand at the fair, perfectly designed for the purpose of promoting cultural holidays in Cuba with various images and posters depicting not only the beauty of Cuba's beaches but also its lush countryside and cultural sites of interest. The harmonic decor of the kiosk stood in line with the promotional campaign "Cuba For Real" (Autentica Cuba), a tourism campaign that aims to promote Cuba's cultural and historical values as well as its unique folklore and traditions. The stand was one of the most visited stands among Caribbean countries taking part in the event and many curious visitors crowded at Cuba's stand to learn more about cultural Cuba holidays.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Cuba's cultural campaign highlights the best of Cuba's cultural richness, its traditions and the kind hospitality of its people and according to the Director of the Tourist Office of Cuba in Benelux, Fidel Enrique Rodriguez, this campaign has achieved massive success in Belgium since its launch in 2011.
Rodriguez, added that the current trend of the Belgian tourist market goes beyond enjoying the Cuba´s sun and beaches, with a marked interest in tailor-made holidays to Cuba with programmes that comprise history, culture, traditions and music, as well as architectural visits and exchanges with the Cuban people.
Image by: ulli_p, on Flickr
He also revealed that the Cuban stand aroused the interest of the Belgian market for Cuba as a tourist destination, and noted that in 2011 the number of Belgian tourists travelling to Cuba grew by 10 percent, compared to 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...