New Chief Executive appointed by Air Seychelles as Partnership with Etihad Goes Ahead
Air Seychelles has appointed Cramer Ball as its new Chief Executive following a new partnership between the airline and Etihad Airways. The agreement enables Etihad and Air Seychelles customers to take direct flights to the Seychelles from Abu Dhabi.
Following the announcement of a new codeshare agreement between Air Seychelles and Etihad Airways, the Seychelles carrier has appointed a new Chief Executive.
Cramer Bull previously worked as the regional general manager of Asia Pacific South and Australasia for Etihad Airways and he started his new role at Air Seychelles earlier this month.
The reciprocal codeshare means that Etihad Airways’ guests will be able to take flights to Praslin via Mahé for Seychelles holidays, and Air Seychelles’ customers will be able to take direct flights to Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways.
Ball is an expert in the commercial and financial departments of aviation industry. Speaking about his new role, he said: “This is a very exciting point in the development of the airline. The recently announced strategic partnership with Etihad Airways, backed by the 40 per cent stake the UAE national carrier has taken, will allow us to consolidate our position as a brand leader on the routes we serve.
Image by: Nek777, on Flickr
“Air Seychelles will work closely with Etihad Airways to leverage synergies and create efficiencies that will reduce costs and maximise yields. We will also look to implement strategies that will benefit the economy and support the tourism industry of the Seychelles as a whole.”
Etihad commenced operating flights to the Seychelles on 2nd November, 2011 and the airline’s President and Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, is confident that the route will be hugely popular with international travellers planning holidays to the Seychelles.
“Although we only recently launched the route, the Seychelles has already proven to be a hugely popular holiday destination among our guests,” he commented. “By expanding our presence in the region and increasing connectivity in cooperation with Air Seychelles, Etihad Airways’ guests can look forward to a more seamless travel experience within the diverse and scenic islands.”
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Last year, Air Seychelles unveiled its new livery and logo which represents the importance of the country’s beautiful natural environment and diverse ecosystem.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles is made up of an archipelago of 115 idyllic islands. During holidays in the Seychelles, tourists can relax on pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches; swim, snorkel and scuba dive in warm turquoise crystal-clear waters; and enjoy pampering in lavish spas.
The islands are home to a wide choice of stunning Seychelles hotels that range from upscale five-star beachfront resorts, to charming beach bungalows and over-water villas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...