Abu Dhabi International Airport celebrates awards
Abu Dhabi International Airport has received a golden award for Fast Travel by the International Air Transport Association after it implemented the Fast Travel programme in a bid to speed up its airport services for tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays.
Abu Dhabi International Airport has been honoured with a golden award for Fast Travel after the Fast Travel programme was introduced to speed up services for passengers and reduce airline costs.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has implemented the programme at the airport in a bid to hurry the process for passengers arriving and departing from Abu Dhabi holidays.
Self-service options have been added to help passengers check-in to their Abu Dhabi flights, drop off luggage, check documents, re-book flights, board flights and recover bags. The faster services are expected to enhance the airport experience for tourists going on holidays to Abu Dhabi.
IATA initiated the programme and targeted five airports and airline partners and Abu Dhabi International Airport was the first to volunteer to be one of the first to try out the programme with Etihad Airways as its airline partner.
The airport also recently achieved the Airport Carbon Accredited status at the Mapping Level and is the first carbon accredited airport in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Image by: ombakpictures, on Flickr
James Bennett, the Chief Executive Officer of the Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) spoke about the new carbon status. "We are proud to be the leading airport operator in the region to start playing our part in addressing aviation's impact on climate change," he said.
He added: "A key milestone for us is the participation in Airport Carbon Accreditation. The certification recognises ADAC's efforts towards applying comprehensive carbon management in the capital's airport.
"This application also demonstrates ADAC's commitment towards developing a sustainable future in aviation and effectively managing the environmental impacts of our operations across our five airports in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi."
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and the vibrant city offers a wide choice of attractions for visitors taking business trips or holidays in Abu Dhabi, including the stunning Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Khalifa Park, the waterfront, the Marina Mall and the Abu Dhabi Mall.
The city has many upscale globally-branded Abu Dhabi hotels where visitors can enjoy luxury breaks, such as park Rotana, Kempinski, Rocco Forte, Park Hyatt and Fairmont.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...