Abu Dhabi International Airport celebrates awards
Abu Dhabi International Airport has received a golden award for Fast Travel by the International Air Transport Association after it implemented the Fast Travel programme in a bid to speed up its airport services for tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays.
Abu Dhabi International Airport has been honoured with a golden award for Fast Travel after the Fast Travel programme was introduced to speed up services for passengers and reduce airline costs.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has implemented the programme at the airport in a bid to hurry the process for passengers arriving and departing from Abu Dhabi holidays.
Self-service options have been added to help passengers check-in to their Abu Dhabi flights, drop off luggage, check documents, re-book flights, board flights and recover bags. The faster services are expected to enhance the airport experience for tourists going on holidays to Abu Dhabi.
IATA initiated the programme and targeted five airports and airline partners and Abu Dhabi International Airport was the first to volunteer to be one of the first to try out the programme with Etihad Airways as its airline partner.
The airport also recently achieved the Airport Carbon Accredited status at the Mapping Level and is the first carbon accredited airport in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Image by: ombakpictures, on Flickr
James Bennett, the Chief Executive Officer of the Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) spoke about the new carbon status. "We are proud to be the leading airport operator in the region to start playing our part in addressing aviation's impact on climate change," he said.
He added: "A key milestone for us is the participation in Airport Carbon Accreditation. The certification recognises ADAC's efforts towards applying comprehensive carbon management in the capital's airport.
"This application also demonstrates ADAC's commitment towards developing a sustainable future in aviation and effectively managing the environmental impacts of our operations across our five airports in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi."
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and the vibrant city offers a wide choice of attractions for visitors taking business trips or holidays in Abu Dhabi, including the stunning Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Khalifa Park, the waterfront, the Marina Mall and the Abu Dhabi Mall.
The city has many upscale globally-branded Abu Dhabi hotels where visitors can enjoy luxury breaks, such as park Rotana, Kempinski, Rocco Forte, Park Hyatt and Fairmont.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...