Sandals Resorts Appoints New Groups Manager for UK, Ireland and Europe
Sandals Resorts has appointed a new Groups Manager for the UK, Ireland and Europe. Paul Tidy will be responsible for boosting Groups business and encouraging travellers to book Caribbean holidays at Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
Paul Tidy will be joining Sandals Resorts as the new Groups Manager for the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Mr Tidy will move from his previous role of Business Development Manager for Sandals and will be responsible for boosting the Groups’ Caribbean holidays across the three brands: Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
The Managing Director of Sandals Resorts UK, Karl Thomson, said: “It is great to have our previous Business Development Manager of the Year back to head up our Groups strategy, particularly at a time when our resorts are being so pro-active in attracting this market.”
The new Groups manager has had a successful career so far with Sandals and in 2009 he was awarded Sandals Business Development Manager of the Year.
Sandals Resorts owns and operates luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos under the three brands.
Last month, the hotel group celebrated its 30th anniversary at the World Travel Market in London. During the event Sandals promoted its brand, unveiled details of it $500 million expansions, and introduced its brand new “voluntourism” programme.
Sandals Resorts launched its first Jamaica hotel in Montego Bay in November 1981, and since then it has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury holidays to the Caribbean. Over the decades, the group has launched a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector such as being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for its guests.
Guests enjoying holidays in the Caribbean at Sandals Resorts can relax with a full all-inclusive rate that includes accommodation, food, drinks, tips, transfers, taxes, and all recreational and water sports activities including scuba diving and snorkelling.
Earlier this year, the hotel chain announced the launch of its first volunteer programme at many of its resorts which will enable tourists to ‘give back’ to the local community during their Caribbean holidays.
The Reading Road Trip programme involves a two-hour session where holidaymakers will visit the Sandals Foundation’s adopted local basic and primary schools across the islands, to participate in reading activities within small groups of children aged 5-7 years old.
The volunteer programme is available at participating Caribbean hotels between September and mid-June every Thursday from 9am until 11am while the schools are in session.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...