Sandals Resorts Appoints New Groups Manager for UK, Ireland and Europe
Sandals Resorts has appointed a new Groups Manager for the UK, Ireland and Europe. Paul Tidy will be responsible for boosting Groups business and encouraging travellers to book Caribbean holidays at Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
Paul Tidy will be joining Sandals Resorts as the new Groups Manager for the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Mr Tidy will move from his previous role of Business Development Manager for Sandals and will be responsible for boosting the Groups’ Caribbean holidays across the three brands: Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
The Managing Director of Sandals Resorts UK, Karl Thomson, said: “It is great to have our previous Business Development Manager of the Year back to head up our Groups strategy, particularly at a time when our resorts are being so pro-active in attracting this market.”
The new Groups manager has had a successful career so far with Sandals and in 2009 he was awarded Sandals Business Development Manager of the Year.
Sandals Resorts owns and operates luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos under the three brands.
Last month, the hotel group celebrated its 30th anniversary at the World Travel Market in London. During the event Sandals promoted its brand, unveiled details of it $500 million expansions, and introduced its brand new “voluntourism” programme.
Sandals Resorts launched its first Jamaica hotel in Montego Bay in November 1981, and since then it has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury holidays to the Caribbean. Over the decades, the group has launched a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector such as being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for its guests.
Guests enjoying holidays in the Caribbean at Sandals Resorts can relax with a full all-inclusive rate that includes accommodation, food, drinks, tips, transfers, taxes, and all recreational and water sports activities including scuba diving and snorkelling.
Earlier this year, the hotel chain announced the launch of its first volunteer programme at many of its resorts which will enable tourists to ‘give back’ to the local community during their Caribbean holidays.
The Reading Road Trip programme involves a two-hour session where holidaymakers will visit the Sandals Foundation’s adopted local basic and primary schools across the islands, to participate in reading activities within small groups of children aged 5-7 years old.
The volunteer programme is available at participating Caribbean hotels between September and mid-June every Thursday from 9am until 11am while the schools are in session.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...